• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

wouyld you rather be too hot or too cold??

would you rather be too hot or too cold?

• Total voters
I would rather feel cold. It just feels better.

I come from a state that gets hot easily. 70? is tolerable. 90? is barely tolerable. High humidity is never okay, unless if it's cold. In that case, it would feel even colder (as you're more sensitive to it).

I'd rather be too cold. As I always say - you can always put more clothes on. You can only take so much off before getting arrested.

4:20 baby OW OW!!
Exactly! Idek why my family wants to turn the heat up when it is clearly hot enough but we have plenty of sweatshirts and blankets sooo....

I'd rather be too cold. Hate the heat.

I'd rather be too cold. I can always put on more layers, cook some some soup or microwave a handwarmer but when I'm hot, there's not much I can do but turn on the AC/fan. I hate being hot and sweating with pit stains.

I say heat is better. I have not-so-good circulation and get cold very easily, and it feels near impossible to warm up. I've been near the equator a few times, and if it isn't absolutely dry heat, it is quite bearable. Plus, it's pretty easy to grab an umbrella/parasol to shade oneself from the sun if it's too bad, though it's not absolutely convenient. But gloves and mittens can be extremely annoying to wear and don't usually even prevent my fingers from tolerating the cold much better.

And as a defense, in the U.S., you can walk around with almost nothing covered and get by. :p Though, I don't personally do that.

Too hot. I can't really handle cold too well (yes I live in Sweden but I pretty much always feel cold unless it's like20- 25 C lol :/) At least then you can cool off with some drinks or cold showers.

blankets blankets blankets woO HoT CHCOALTETACHO WOO0 lov cold weather man when is it december again

It's way easier to warm up than it is to cool down. I love the cold weather because I can wear 2-3 layers of socks, pajama pants, a long-sleeve shirt, a thick jacket with a warm hoodie and have a warm cup of coffee.

it's currently winter here and even though it's not that cold i'm freezing so i'd have to say too hot
in january it got to 45c (113f) which is tolerable

Last edited:
I don't like either, but I'm more sensitive to cold, so.. if I had to pick one extreme over the other, I'd probably settle for being too hot.

too cold just put a bunch of clothes on. being too hot you could die faster too i think

I always prefer too cold over too hot. Being out playing hockey when it's -20 degrees fahrenheit is heaven on earth as long as you bundle up. But I'm used to the cold. Anything above 80 degrees is unbearable for me.

I would rather be too hot than too cold. I can tolerate the heat more than I can with freezing weather.

I like the cold so I'd rather be always cold because hot makes you sweat and it's just terrible xd

I'd rather be cold; you can snuggle up and warm yourself up if your cold while the opposite, you can't do much but fan your hands and stand by the refridgerator.

Back