• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Mafia - Mafia Win!!

@Cleb I see what you mean and agree with most of it. For the first part regarding the reads, I was specifically referring to your single player reads. Sorry for not being more clear. And I see and understand what you're saying with the posts between Lani and Dan, despite these posts being very short and concise. I'm not sure I see what makes Dan and Lani's interactions look fake though. Regarding your last paragraph: I understand that the dead's mafia leans are definitely not always correct, and I know it is not sound on its own, but it is just one detail and given the circumstances it sounds likely at the very least. Why else would Heyden of all people be lynched then?

calm down plz

No u calm down br0

I don't see how my inconsistency means I'm scum though?
I don't really get that bit

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I like how you get annoyed at me for shifting the blame to you and Dan being scum, but when I actually give you what you want you ignore my post completely, Cleb

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also with the "considerable decline" since the beginning of the day thing........... I was probably worse in the beginning - if you look back, tbh haha

Sorry if I'm focusing too much on that, but I personally don't see how that's a scum tell
f11 I feel has similar posts to me in the length and effort, but you haven't talked about her at all, idk

- - - Post Merge - - -

*beginning of the gaME, not day

Sorry for all the post merges omg

I don't see how my inconsistency means I'm scum though?
I don't really get that bit
Inconsistencies are one of the biggest things to look for when looking for Mafia. So far, you've shown more inconsistency than everybody else in the game combined, hence why you're getting this pressure.

Also I like how you get annoyed at me for shifting the blame to you and Dan being scum, but when I actually give you what you want you ignore my post completely, Cleb
As for you stating that I'd likely vote for Damniel over Nightmares...I'm not entirely sure I would agree with that, though I will admit that Nightmares was really frustrating me earlier, and may have made me a bit more apt to vote her over him. There's a reason I didn't place any votes during that little stretch, since I still want to hear answers from them. Nightmares has sort of responded to the things I've questioned her on, though I still think it was very low-effort, just like the rest of her posts Today. As for Damniel, I still have absolutely nothing in terms of a response from him.
...except I didn't...?
Yeah, I acknowledged that you responded to it, but I'm saying that I'm not satisfied with it.

Also with the "considerable decline" since the beginning of the day thing........... I was probably worse in the beginning - if you look back, tbh haha
Not buying that one bit. Your effort has gone from slight to decent to nothing through the course of this game.

Sorry if I'm focusing too much on that, but I personally don't see how that's a scum tell
f11 I feel has similar posts to me in the length and effort, but you haven't talked about her at all, idk
The fundamental difference between you and f11 right now is that f11 has actually put forth effort to create conversation as of late (though I question why they've seemingly disappeared now), albeit in a way that has drawn a great amount of suspicion toward themselves. You saying that they're putting similar effort to you in their posts is a flat out lie.

Inconsistencies are one of the biggest things to look for when looking for Mafia. So far, you've shown more inconsistency than everybody else in the game combined, hence why you're getting this pressure.

...except I didn't...?
Yeah, I acknowledged that you responded to it, but I'm saying that I'm not satisfied with it.

Not buying that one bit. Your effort has gone from slight to decent to nothing through the course of this game.

The fundamental difference between you and f11 right now is that f11 has actually put forth effort to create conversation as of late (though I question why they've seemingly disappeared now), albeit in a way that has drawn a great amount of suspicion toward themselves. You saying that they're putting similar effort to you in their posts is a flat out lie.

HOW IS THIS "NOTHING" I'M POSTING MORE NOW THAN EVER

LmaooaoOOaiapa I'm dead

- - - Post Merge - - -

You still didn't respond to my post anyway

- - - Post Merge - - -

AND you didn't explain why inconsistency is scummy

You're saying so much but so little, idk

- - - Post Merge - - -

(Sorry foR THE POST MERGES)

But it seems like atm you're trying to fill the daRK whoLE of scumminESS with loads of text, and a lot of it is kinda pointless

See, here is the issue. I can't tell if people are town reading me because they're trying to not get under suspicion, or if it is actually town reading me town. And I don't know if amanda is mafia trying to get me lynched or if she is just bad town.

I feel like I've possibly missed some important context to make sense of this post, and your reasons for taking this line of discussion at all. If I was mafia trying to get you lynched though, why would I put myself at risk by being conspicuous in answering your direct question like this? I'm not scum, I'm town. As for "bad town" - I answered the way I did because that was my answer at the time. It hasn't changed now, either, although more information could change that.

I can say for a fact that Amanda is definitely not bad town.

My understanding of "bad town" in this context is that it's about a player not being helpful to town in a particular instance, not that they're necessarily bad at *being* town - or playing mafia - in general.

OR get this, you are mafia and we're right

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also trying not be made of salt rn but we have cleb and amanda coasting through and to a lesser degree jacob and dan. It's kinda unfair

- - - Post Merge - - -

Coasting is probably the wrong word idk, but not putting in a lot of effort

Yes, you're right to call me out on my lack of effort this game. I have rl reasons for that which are unavoidable (such as suddenly needing to cull 8,154 pounds for shipping down to 6,000 - with a deadline of 9am tomorrow my time, it's been a "fun" few days lol). But I agreed to play, and I'm here, and I need to do better at contributing. Please do continue to call me out if and when I need it, I really appreciate it.

Kys

It's because that's what it sounds like Dan is saying
Lmao

If that means what I think it does (kms but directed at someone else), then please don't post that kind of thing. Whether you realise it or not, suicide is a very hurtful topic for many of us who have lost loved ones, or who know people trying to survive horrific circumstances.

im so glad you don't have a vote today ;)

I'm town-reading you now. You're voting thing has been used strategically to aid town both times (at the time, Heyden was very suspicious, and Lani is now), and you are clearly paying attention to everything happening. I had you at null along with Heyden initially, more out of caution than because I had any actual qualms. Everything since then has made me more comfortable putting you down as town.

That's nice

This... is supremely unhelpful. It's a brilliant cut-down, but it really has no place in a game like this - particularly if you are town. I don't think you are town, but just FYI, this kind of post in the future is very unlikely to be well-received in the future for a number of reasons, regardless of your alignment, imo.

So here's my reasoning as to why Nightmares, xCleb, and Amanda are scum:

First of all, I found it a bit strange that Heyden was killed last night. He was already being sussed by multiple people, so it would've been relatively easy for scum to come in and casually make him look worse and get him lynched. Why didn't they choose to kill someone who is a more obvious townie and not waste the lynch? I believe he was chosen because they wanted to silence him.

-- snip --

CLEB AMANDA NIGHTMARES scum plus someone else I have no clue on

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually there's probs only 1 between cleb and nightmares but amanda's giving me serious scum vibes

This post is why. imo the killed person's reads are very important. Mafia was most likely scared that he completely figured them out. This is the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Starting with Nightmares: At first she was popping in and out and not saying anything significant. She later began to step it up and make more substantial posts such as her reads. Then she slumped back into her old self. In the other games I've played with her, she's always been carefree and her old self as town. Now her playstyle is just inconsistent. It almost feels like she's forcing herself to act like her usual self. Her reads don't feel natural, they feel like they've been suggested by someone else. She sheeped off the f11 suspicion train and voted Heyden for some reason, who was coincidentally killed the very next night. I really like Jacob's post regarding this. So I'll just go ahead and place a vote for her now.

Amanda was very quick to town lean Nightmares in her first reads post. She's been coasting and sort of sheeping off other's ideas. She hasn't really had any original ideas and I've caught her online and viewing the thread several times at important moments of the game just being silent or saying very little. She doesn't seem to be speaking freely and I often feel as if she's putting up a front. She's scum leaning Trundle but hasn't really given a good explanation to why, unless I've somehow skipped over it lol.

To be honest, Cleb's reads have been pretty exaggerated and drawn out. I feel like he could twist any player in his reads to look like scum or town by how distant his points seem. I believe he's only making his reads so long and empty to seem like he's contributing more than he really is. Most of his long paragraphs can be summed up in a couple of sentences only, and they're not total garbage though, they just seem a biased and empty. At first he was quick to town lean Nightmares, which was pretty absurd imo. Recently he's trying to say that she and Damniel's two post conversation is fake. But to me it seems more like the conversation between Cleb and Lani is fake. He says that he susses both Lani and Damniel but when it comes down to it I'd expect him to vote Damniel above Lani. Is this correct?

Damniel doesn't seem too suspicious atm. His points on Panda's character not being in PMTYD weren't "without basis". It's still too soon to rule him out though.

Sorry I didn't post this sooner. I didn't feel comfortable posting during the night phase.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I forgot to mention how incredibly vague Lani's reasoning for voting Dan was.

If mafia were scared that Heyden "had completely figured them out" then the *very worst*, most game-throwing they could do at that stage of the game would be to NK him and therefore highlight his suspicions of them. Exactly like you're doing now. As you say in the start of your post, Heyden was suspicious enough to be a viable lynch candidate the next day had he lived - and I agree. So why was he killed? I don't know. Maybe they thought he had a blue role (which he did, it turns out), or that killing him would disrupt our discussions today either towards something helpful for them, or from something they didn't want us focussing on. Maybe they hoped we'd go down the wrong track and lynch his scum reads, and they're totally or partially wrong (well, obviously I know they are, but that's besides the point lol).

I just have a hard time believing that his scum reads list was the motivation because it's so dangerous to them - it was extremely short-sighted if so, since it got figured out so quickly.

For the paragraph about me :

Quick to town-lean Lani - yes, I did lean Lani as town in my first reads - this was AFTER her own reads post which showed a great deal of effort was being put into the game by her, combined with no "red flags" raised in her earlier content. It was a solid read for that time imo.
Coasting = please refer to my reply to mog, same applies to you.
Sheeping = could you elaborate on this please? Is there anything in particular you're referring to?
Original ideas = ideas are not really my speciality, in the sense of 'theory crafting'. My strengths lie with analysis, prioritising goals ('pithy comebacks = detrimental to win-con, so disregard' type of thing), and willingness to reassess my own conclusions. I don't get caught up in what roles are likely for what source character or anything like that as there are too many variables for that to be a productive use of my time. Not a criticism of anyone who does, it just doesn't play to my strengths.
Showing as on-line + reading the thread but staying silent or posting little = I post whenever I'm here, unless I'm waiting to see a response to something before I comment. I don't recall being on here when important stuff is happening where I haven't posted, although I don't know what you'd consider to be "very little". My devices are always logged in, and there have been countless times I've started to head here only to be interrupted by a phone call/visitor/urgent SMS or email, so I'm sure there are times the tab is open but I'm not able to read it. I do come back as soon as I can, but that's the best I can do under the circumstances I'm sorry.
Speaking freely = I am always cautious in my posts here, not because of my alignment but because we have players from all over the world who speak English to varying degrees. By training, my written communication is supposed to be clear of slang, jargon, and abbreviations, and be written for ease of comprehension for ESL readers. Mafia, of course, does not reconcile easily with that training as we use shorthand and such to convey meaning quickly. With every post, I try to balance the more casual nature of the game with my professional training and habits. If you mean there is a difference in my tone and content from previous games, then I apologise, it just occurred to me I might've taken your meaning incorrectly. Please tell me if so.
Trundle = true. I did get post # 509 up which quoted his posts with bold to show the parts that bothered me, but I haven't written up a proper read yet. Now that he has gone in this new direction, however, I have put that on hold to see where he goes with it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Holey guacamol? this is what happens when I need to finish writing a post before people arrive at my house. Sorry Tensu, I hope you can make sense of that response to you, please let me know if not and what you want clarified and I will asap.

Btw guys, I don't know if I should claim at all this game?
I'm pretty sure I'm set to be lynched, so lmk
My role isn't important, but if you wanna know ;D

It was kinda messy with Panda, so I'm hoping to avoid that so much

has everyone disappeared cause we're gonna mislynch nightmares and maf has won or because they can't be bothered defending their scum buddy. idk something isn't sitting right why has half the players kinda given up lol

I'm holding off on voting for now. We still have over 18 hours to go, so I am hopeful those who haven't been active in awhile will be back in time to make a difference.

TENSU MY MAN, HOW COME

REEEEE

I unvoted because there's a very high chance that today is LyLo, like Trundle said. Also many people have been really inactive and possibly given up. So it seems the people more actively voting for Lani could be scum possibly, not sure. I guess I assumed people would be more cautious on a LyLo situation. I'm obviously not convinced that Lani is full town, I'm just unvoting for now so I can regroup my thoughts.

I don't think it can be LYLO with 10 people left, since either Mafia would have won already, or Mafia would win at 8 (most likely; I don't think Mafia would only be 3-strong). Most likely situation is that we're sitting at MYLO right now, which means we have at least one extra Night to figure everything out.

I don't think Third-Party roles have an influence in this right now. If they were going to side with the Mafia, they probably would have by now, and there would have been five votes on someone random already. The game would have been decided right then and there. I think that, if a Third-Party DOES exist, they're siding Town in this game, despite the current situation.

its because im 10 times cooler than you'll ever be.

its because im 10 times cooler than you'll ever be.

Uh huh :,D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think it can be LYLO with 10 people left, since either Mafia would have won already, or Mafia would win at 8 (most likely; I don't think Mafia would only be 3-strong). Most likely situation is that we're sitting at MYLO right now, which means we have at least one extra Night to figure everything out.

I don't think Third-Party roles have an influence in this right now. If they were going to side with the Mafia, they probably would have by now, and there would have been five votes on someone random already. The game would have been decided right then and there. I think that, if a Third-Party DOES exist, they're siding Town in this game, despite the current situation.

Don't all 3rd party roles say you win when all mafia are killed.... orrrr......do some blue roles win when town are killed???

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait----- why have both Cleb and Amanda said something along the lines of "third party might exist"??

Like, blue roles have been lynched this game, why are you saying **** like "if a third party DOES exist"

Unless I'm missing something
I'm so confused

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oops I meant *killed
Not necessarily lynched

Blue =/= third party. Every blue role that has been lynched so far is Town-aligned. There's nothing Third-Party about that.

whomstdve is scum?

the facts b

seroja thought panda was scum
seroja was promptly killed Night one
here are the votes for day 1: corrie - trundle, zendel, panda, jacob and me. 3/5 are town. I want to believe jacob too is town, heeding heyden's dying words. (unless ur the godfather than *** u jacob) Left is apple. If apple is scum, I think the scum team would have had everyone join one popular lynch, panda or have diverse votes to avoid correlation between the members. However, the second popular lynch candidate was Panda. Tensu who I am town reading right now voted for panda and seroja who was town. idk what to think of mog rn so ill get back to her. So who do I think is scum, its those weird random votes that mafia do to avoid sheeping I believe. Daniel voted Jacob. The only reason I found for this vote was jacob voting corrie. Here's the quote.
Obvi scum pls lynch :mad:
wow four words such effort. Cleb voted no lynch and no one really said anything. I think that was just a way to say "hey I'm active by voting but I don't want to make an opinion on anything because it may come back to hurt me" that is the vibe I got from that no lynch vote. Nightmarfe is who I am also including, considering she voted for me after I was playing normally. The last scum members is either a non voter. I feel like probably amanda. Panda whole situation is pretty scummy so I'm not suprised most players voted for Panda, except Cleb. Why did cleb, despite everything scummy about Panda, go for heyden with pretty weak reasons. I think cleb didn't vote for panda to not be implicated in the lynch of a pr. Only mafia would for sure know who is town and who is not. In her final words panda also places daniel as scjum, same as heyden, interesting is it not? I'm seing a pattern. Heyden also believed nightmares could be mafia, and said that amanda and cleb are coasting. I feel partially responsible for heydens death, so I am going to trust his thoughts. The last thing I have to say is that there is some werod dynamic/dialougue going between daniel and nightmares and cleb to an extent. It just sounds like fake af. Im just rambling at this point but the lynch today should probably daniel or nightmares.

Cleb is absolutely correct, blue roles are town-aligned... hence what it says in role pms that have been revealed that, for example, heyden was the TOWN Jack of all trades or Panda was the TOWN bodyguard in the text (not on the top). They count as numbers for the town and have special roles/ powers.... sorry if that wasn't clear but it was on the basis that blue and green always equal town, red is mafia, and orange or grey is third party. clearing this up for nightmares, i think most of you all do understand this though

Back