• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Mafia - Mafia Win!!

gg maf, glow u just had to get me murdered >:[
also nightmares and tensu did pretty well this game so good job

yes my first maf hosting is drunk mafia where we are drunk for the entire game who's in. prob just me and jacob lmao

currently in the car watching the thread break on my phone
IMG_6593.jpg

oh well it said i was responsible for the KP so that's just what i interpreted

LOOOOOLL

IM 99% it's amanda she actually sort of slipped

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know what it stands for but I don't know how to work out if we're there or not - does having a third party (SK?) impact MYLO or not?

--

she said that in scum chat and there was literally no reason to think there's a SK because there was one kill every night

- - - Post Merge - - -

like at the time i knew it was mylo and there was absolutely no reason to think there was TP at all, especially not SK, so i was all saying gg bc i thought it was over

but amanda knew it wasn't over yet

You got me, but that was not a slip lol - I just worded that poorly. The "(SK?)" was coz that was the only third party role that had been tossed around as a possibility. The question mark was meant to indicate I didn't think that likely (or likely any longer, as initially we thought there def was one). I was trying to find out how to work out MYLO for this game primarily, but the comment was also meant to ask for info for in general, too, if anyone felt like answering. Gah. I (thought I) knew what I was doing with this post, and I'd have posted it regardless of my being a Traitor or not.

poor amanda LOL love ya girl but i couldn't ignore that slip

- - - Post Merge - - -

also obs pls

Ah hahaha all good! Love ya back, and I'm actually happy you figured it out so quickly - not just coz it saves me the hassle of having to keep playing when I'm in no state to, either. You guys really pulled together and came up with a solid plan to find me at the end!

yes my first maf hosting is drunk mafia where we are drunk for the entire game who's in. prob just me and jacob lmao

Me! Me! Me! My liquor collection just got packed up and shipped yesterday, and won't arrive in Sydney until the end of next week, so I'll have to improvise if it's before then. Oh, and I don't really get "drunk" per se, I just... keep drinking, just FYI. I do start talking in a British accent, but that's a side-effect of a medical condition (for real - a british accent is so much easier for me to speak with when I'm in pain/tired/distracted lol).

* I don't count this as "real" mafia for obvious reasons- I'm not going to play a real game for at least the next couple weeks. But fun ones like this? Yes please!

---

I need to apologise to everyone for not being here for much (most?) of the last 24 hours, and for not being able to contribute as much as I should have even prior to that. I had good reasons (my insides feel like they're being ripped apart from the inside out, and I had to organise the move of 6,000 pounds (30 cubic metres) of belongings with the removalist team the past two days), and the timeline for the move was changed from late next week, which threw out all my plans monstrously. I haven't slept more than 2 hours in a row in.. too many days.

In hindsight, I should not have come in as a replacement. I had misunderstood how far along the game was, totally my own fault, and I assumed I'd have a fairly standard role for either town or mafia. Again, my fault, as I'd noted Toads had this listed as "experimental" and I'd have known he'd put unexpected roles in if I'd stopped to think about it.

Thanks for hosting Toads, and helping Dolby. I wish I could have spent more time participating, but I enjoyed everything from the weird roles to the flavour text to the proactive offers to help (my role was a lot to take in lol). I'd be happy to play in another game run by either or both of you, once I'm recovered.

This is one extremely messy and disjointed post sorry everyone, I'm too wrecked to edit it so hopefully the main points at least are clear.

GG everyone!

Last edited:
Congrays on the win mafia! You guys did great, and I learned a lot through this game. Don't discount what the sus says, don't trust wholeheartedly the townleans.

Congrays on the win mafia! You guys did great, and I learned a lot through this game. Don't discount what the sus says, don't trust wholeheartedly the townleans.
This was probably the most frustrating part of the game for me, honestly. I felt like the only person trying to approach things with a bit more reason (despite being Mafia), and everybody just blew 80% of the things I said to the wayside because I had slight Scum-Leans from almost everybody in the game. I was getting pretty genuinely irritated over the Nightmares/Damniel situation, enough that I had to back away from the thread for a little bit before I actually went back in and said anything about the situation.

This was probably the most frustrating part of the game for me, honestly. I felt like the only person trying to approach things with a bit more reason (despite being Mafia), and everybody just blew 80% of the things I said to the wayside because I had slight Scum-Leans from almost everybody in the game. I was getting pretty genuinely irritated over the Nightmares/Damniel situation, enough that I had to back away from the thread for a little bit before I actually went back in and said anything about the situation.

What was so bad about that lmao

What was so bad about that lmao
It makes it damn well near impossible to play the game the right way. If you can't convince people that either you're right or they're wrong because those people are so dense in their thoughts, then you're not going to have a good time, regardless of your alignment.

It makes it damn well near impossible to play the game the right way. If you can't convince people that either you're right or they're wrong because those people are so dense in their thoughts, then you're not going to have a good time, regardless of your alignment.

I have no idea what you're on about, but ok, bud

I have no idea what you're on about, but ok, bud

We'll put it like this.

X believes Y is Mafia, and has no opinion on Z.

Y believes Z is Mafia.

Y tries to convince X that Z is Mafia.

X doesn't listen to anything Y says, only because they think Y is Mafia.

X still has no opinion on Z.

This is essentially what I had to put up with through this entire game.

We'll put it like this.

Y believes Z is Mafia.

I will agree, I saw slot of this. From a neutral perspective

We'll put it like this.

Y believes Z is Mafia.

Same, I agree. That's why town discussion went nowhere. I'll keep this in mind.

Back