• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Mafia - Mafia Win!!

I think this is the first game ever that I made it till the end

- - - Post Merge - - -

This game was soooo town stacked but idk how we still won

THE TRUE ENDING

Five people stood standing at the end, Daniel, Cleb, Amanda, Glow, and Byngo. Daniel unfortunately voted for Byngo, Kammy Koops the Bomb Jester destroying the entire group, the mafia, and Amanda, the traitor

Byngo, Kammy Koops has won

Jkjk

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cleb
06-07-2017
11:03 AM ET (US)

I had a perfect game last time I was GF, so maybe this is a sign...? :D

Anyway, I enjoy the permanent 1KP, since I'm not used to it and probably wouldn't be able to keep track of it. I think it'll be more fun to go through like that, anyway, so it's all good.

I suppose we can get a decent guess at what kind of roles with our setup, though I don't think we'll be able to get into any specifics. Having a Strongman almost guarantees some kind of protective role, whether it be direct or indirect. As for our Role-blocker, it's probably there because Town obviously has PRs, though I can't think of anything specific we'd be able to counter with it.
It's all in my Godfather charms. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

The setup was somewhat townsided, but I wouldn't call it stacked.

But I gotta be honest it's a bittersweet end. Yeah we won but it was so boring since so many players (even myself) gave up on trying /:

- - - Post Merge - - -

The setup was somewhat townsided, but I wouldn't call it stacked.

We had 1 kp, and 7 blue roles. It was really just luck when it came to actions

- - - Post Merge - - -

Had we roleblocked or attacked a different person the game would've changed drastically

two games in a row where not only did scum win, they mopped the floor

we need to collectively work on our town game tbh

But I gotta be honest it's a bittersweet end. Yeah we won but it was so boring since so many players (even myself) gave up on trying /:

- - - Post Merge - - -

We had 1 kp, and 7 blue roles. It was really just luck when it came to actions
Town had one killing role, and only three available mislynches (discounting the effects of vote thief and governor). If they only killed scum through lynches (which would be likely, and did happen(though Hayden did shoot at you)), they'd have to lynch correctly a majority of the days. The excessive amount of TPs was to increase this

Yeah but if you have 4 protective roles, there was a high chance that some nights would have no kills

Lol @ all the people collectively freaking out over my posts in Obs chat.

Clearly the way I played worked out, since I got pressure, but didn't get killed by it. It's unorthodox for scum, but this is what I do almost all the time. :p

Yeah but if you have 4 protective roles, there was a high chance that some nights would have no kills

There were only three, unless you're counting JoaT In that, which I don't really think counts. Though there was a roughly 25% chance of a no kill night each night, assuming TPs died at the same rate as the rest of the town. This would go out to a successful protection roughly every fourth night, so not sure why you consider this high. And you did have a one-use strong arm.

My lynch on panda was me genuinely thinking she was a sk or something- the whole toad not being a character in pmtyd but being a blue in the game still has me shook

Lol @ all the people collectively freaking out over my posts in Obs chat.

Clearly the way I played worked out, since I got pressure, but didn't get killed by it. It's unorthodox for scum, but this is what I do almost all the time. :p

I don't know how it worked though, that's the thing.

I don't know how it worked though, that's the thing.

It worked because of the people we decided to kill. All the people who would have pushed me the most were primary targets (i.e Heyden), and getting rid of them seemed like something that I wouldn't do as scum, since it would only be confirmation of it, which makes me look a little better than I was making myself look.

It wasn't a matter of being under the radar for me. It was a matter of stalling my own lynch long enough to make sure the Town gets screwed by it.

I'm still surprised that I wasn't lynched but instead trusted in my lynches

My lynch on panda was me genuinely thinking she was a sk or something- the whole toad not being a character in pmtyd but being a blue in the game still has me shook

Luigi was the traitor.... after bowser was shown to be a townie I felt like people would understand that roles correlating to characters was very loose. But another thing that people just kind of accepted and didn't make an opinion about for themeselves.... There is a lot of moving parts to a mafia game (especially this one), and if people just thought about some things or analyzed what was out in the open rather than taking the first opinion thrown out there it could've been a different game

Back