Anyone else completely freaked by the tarantulas?

I wouldn't say they scare me necessarily, but they do make me anxious because they're way too fast when they chase you and they're like this big looming blob that pops up out of nowhere??? lol

No, but I was super-shocked the first time I saw a centipede. I used to think only money, gems and pill bugs could pop out of rocks. Then one day I strike one and BAM, this demonic-looking creature starts crawling on the grass. Scared me half to death, I tell ya.

The animation that plays when you get bit by a scorpion/trantula is slow and creepy, from what I remember. Not to mention the eerie music that plays.

Yes T.T They jump scare me so bad when I don't have sound on at night. I also get jump scared by beetles flying away on the island, which makes my sister laugh..... also irl I was cleaning and got jump scared by 4 different beetles on the ground so... I think beetles or spiders or bugs in general will be the death of me by giving a a heart attack.

Walk around slowly, listen for the sound it makes and start sneaking immediately so it doesn't run at you.

I noticed one while running around and freaked out because of how close I was to it. It just disappeared.

Sort of, lol. I did as a kid in Wild World but I've caught many so it's like "oh **** a tarantula." They can be pretty surprising though, especially if they are rare. I like seeing them though, which is why I usually play at night. :3

Last edited:
The first year I played I freaked out because I didn't know what to do. At the time I had a pocket full of flowers and it came across the bridge. I ran the other way before it could take me out.

Once I found out how to catch a tarantula and scorpion I was fine. I've caught them for all of my real towns players and have bonus ones. I now just ignore them and watch them walk past.

It was cool to see a Tarantula circle the mayor feet while she fished. It just disappeared into the ground. I wished I had a capture card for a video.

Speaking of tarantulas, I was playing Let's Go to the City today and I found a tarantula. I sneaked up to it but it turned around and JUMPED, something I thought they couldn't do. I tried to run but I was on a path when I press B so I picked up the path instead and I got mauled by the tarantula. At least the animation and music when you get attacked by one isn't disturbing in Let's Go to the City. Thankfully, it wasn't far away from my house so I didn't get sent too far when the game teleported me to my home.

I changed my ordinance (removed BTO) but still have had little luck in finding the little...things. I was hoping to catch one before summer classes started :T I hear that if you remove your trees and flowers, they spawn more.

Edit: whelp between 7:30 and 7:50 I saw two of the little buggers. The first one got me (it saw me pull out the net and attacked) but the second one I was finally able to catch! He spawned in a nice open area and stayed still while I crept up on him. I took my net out while he wasn't looking.

Last edited:
OH GOD. I just saw one and I didn't know it could just skittering around in my hybrids. I'm dead. This it it. Someone start making my tombstone.

I caught the first tarantula I saw this season, but the second one got me! It didi give me a bit of a spook...

Back