We need to talk. This is really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyDolphin

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
/r/ACBanHammer has some of the most horrible ban reasons I've seen in my life. :mad:

For example, someone was banned because someone changed their mind and wanted signatures instead of bells for a cedar sapling. Then somebody forgot a few items for a trade, and someone harassed them, reported them, and said in a horrible way "Good luck finding your dreamies!". Then she got banned. Saddening.

Have you seen any horrible bans on /r/ACbanhammer? If so, can you guys tell me about them? Do you think these bans are stupid? Or are they a good reason to ban someone?

And, mods, would you ever ban someone for the reasons on these bans below?
https://www.reddit.com/r/ACBanHammer/comments/5lgbq5/fc_100635842391/?st=j3fzi62w&sh=37c47d35
https://www.reddit.com/r/ACBanHammer/comments/5qylmz/167637789695/?st=j3fzgc2m&sh=f8328621
https://www.reddit.com/r/ACBanHammer/comments/5untmo/515535541423/?st=j3fzehjg&sh=14465ac5
https://www.reddit.com/r/ACBanHammer/comments/5vkd3j/010441399904/?st=j3fzc5yw&sh=0d39237e
https://www.reddit.com/r/ACBanHammer/comments/60itgd/366908378087/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ACBanHammer/comments/5kfg2i/422711557762/?st=j3fz1uuh&sh=cff2cc50
https://www.reddit.com/r/ACBanHammer/comments/55rudp/fc_431309227997/?st=j3fz0xg2&sh=

Thank you. Just needed to let this out :)

This is why I don't trade with people anymore. I make my own way because people are scammers and idiots and only ruin the game for you.

Wow! Reddit's mods sure do act like teenagers. If they're gonna ban people for stupid reasons, I can safely say that they don't even know how to run a forum.

Wow! Reddit's mods sure do act like teenagers. If they're gonna ban people for stupid reasons, I can safely say that they don't even know how to run a forum.

I'm sorry but teenagers act better than that.

+

We need to stop with these types of threads, hating on other sites is not okay on here.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but teenagers act better than that.

+

We need to stop with these types of threads, hating on other sites is not okay on here.

Most teenagers act better than that. There are a lot of teens our there I could see being immature like this.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do agree with you though, this forum is not a refuge to bash other people.

Most teenagers act better than that. There are a lot of teens our there I could see being immature like this.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do agree with you though, this forum is not a refuge to bash other people.

That goes without saying, adults act like idiots, children do and teens do.

A bunch of silly people.

That's pretty much why the mods here didn't allow Animal Crossing Commumity discussions here either. But since we're getting more respectful about discussing ACC, they are more welcoming of these discussions.

They've banned people for non-AC related stuff that was just stupid here too soo...

But yeah reddit is known to be a bit elitist in some communities so yeah not surprised.

What about hating on this site

What hate?

If you're referring to other sites (which is likely) then I disagree with bashing tbt too.

This site should be the better site by ignoring other sites and maybe they'll do the same.

Last edited:
These kinds of things are why I like our community and don't use any others at least as far as Animal Crossing is concerned. I think our staff is very fair.

These kinds of things are why I like our community and don't use any others at least as far as Animal Crossing is concerned. I think our staff is very fair.

When Animal Crossing Community's moderation system is bad, it means that it's too strict.

But when most fandoms' moderation systems are bad, it means the people in charge are terrible and doesn't even know how to run a forum. They shouldn't ban users for stupid reasons, but let others get away with offenses that are the same. That's exactly why I think GameFAQs's moderation system was terrible. Those with high karma can bully others with low karma. Report their posts, the staff would not take the reports seriously. But if a person with low karma is being mean or rude, they can get moderated. I also knew a user who got banned for specifically making comments about Lillie (the character from Pokemon Sun and Moon) and her short skirt. Yet most people can get away with similar offenses.

But if you start running your forum, here is some advice:

- Do not moderate people for anything not explicitly stated in the rules. If the site rules, forum rules, or thread rules don't say something, it should be allowed on the forums. Hidden rules on forums is injustice.
- Do not moderate people for stupid reasons or state rules that prohibit stuff for stupid reasons.
- Do not selectively moderate some users, but let others get away with breaking the rules. If someone is breaking the rules, they should be moderated no matter what class they are.
- Do not ignore reports at all, unless if they are invalid. Reports made by a new user against an older user do not count as invalid.
- If there is a rule change, you must announce it like how TBT is doing it. Also, do not moderate people for breaking a a rule before it was inacted.
- When you talk to a certain user or a whole bunch of users, don't be mean.

All of these problems come from sites when the mods or admins are kids or teens, but they can come from corporate-ran sites owned by adults too.

Agrees so much with Alolan_Apples. Not gonna quote that because it will break my screen but yeah. In general retroactive bans and/or banhappy mods are the worst, and when they make up rules after they ban/warn someone or several for it. You don't need a new "bypass censorship" just because like 5 people do it...

- Do not selectively moderate some users, but let others get away with breaking the rules. If someone is breaking the rules, they should be moderated no matter what class they are.
- Do not ignore reports at all, unless if they are invalid. Reports made by a new user against an older user do not count as invalid.

TBT needs to work on these, ngl lmao

TBT needs to work on these, ngl lmao

Yeah, they have too many staff best buds and obviously are way too judgemental. I'd say corrupt but maybe not a good idea. Whoops I still did it.

But yeah I've seen they have been very selective for minor and totally not reasons banning for while they let their buds get away. You know your names so no need mentioning.

Yeah, they have too many staff best buds and obviously are way too judgemental. I'd say corrupt but maybe not a good idea. Whoops I still did it.

But yeah I've seen they have been very selective for minor and totally not reasons banning for while they let their buds get away. You know your names so no need mentioning.

Ok, but this is exactly what I mean

And I'm not saying this just because it concerns me, but me and another person got banned from the Discord without any reasons given...however we didn't say or do anything that no one else did, and they're still there :/

A member of the site staff of TBT did say they don't practice mod favoritism when it comes to moderation issues. But they do have staff favorites during a TBT Fair, but only when it comes to earning prizes, not treating people differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back