When will Nintendo restock Sanrio Amiibo cards?

MoriMochi

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Does anyone know when Nintendo UK and/or Game UK will restock the Sanrio Amiibo cards? I saw a review on the Nintendo UK site from March that said they'd been restocked, so ig they do restock them. I know they're available on eBay, but ?30 for a set that was originally ?5 is a bit too much for me :/

I wish i knew too. I recently got into animal crossing and want to collect the cards, in uk the only place left as you say is ebay for new leaf and sanrio cards but the price is so high! I check all main uk retailers weekly and none have restocked.

I noticed nintendo uk shop still have them listed but with 'Out of Stock' so i emailed 2 weeks ago asking if they will be restocking since the products are still listed but no reply :?

If only there was a way to find out since cannot find anywhere that they are meant to be limited editions or anything :(

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if they ever show up in stock again. It looks like they were just a promotional product with limited availability.

I wonder the same thing. They really should restock on them. I only managed to get them because I kept checking online every now and then I found someone on Ebay was selling them for an affordable price. It sold out by the next day though :/

I don't think so, its been months I believe. I bought mine from ebay their jp but work for my game soo!

I wish I knew too it's so unfiar for those who dont already have them :c You can probably find some UK users who would sell them to you though!

I have no idea tbh. It seems like they've stopped producing the welcome amiibo series too. I can't find them anywhere edcept Ebay. :( I wish nintendo would specify if something is limited edition. It's confusing when they just stop making it without warning or explanation.

Idk but it's really frustrating??? I've tried to trade people for the cards bc my internet won't work on my DS so I can't even get the items, but everyone wants money for them or like a LOT of cards since they go for like $20 each on ebay :/ I wish there was a trading system where people would just pass around the same set so the rest of us could have the items/villagers too lol

I hope never tbh. I want their full focus to be on Animal Crossing Switch, and that includes not restocking anything to do with Animal Crossing except maybe the actual games, and the villager amiibo.

I ended up paying $10 for a Marty keychain with the sanrio card in it (looks like the maker cut the amiibo card apart to make it) it works and it's really cute I'd just love to get more Sanrio things <3

I got 2 packs shortly after they came out but if I had know they'd be this scarce later on I would have bought more. I honestly don't wanna spend freaking $40 on one pack on amazon. :/

Last edited:
Yikes. I guess prices have gotten worse since I bought my set. I paid $34 for all 6 on eBay. I was worried that I paid too much but I guess not. I hate that Nintendo stocks so little of something that everyone wants, it makes it unfair for everybody.

Just to point out - not wanting arguments - It cost 16 dollars US to order from the U.K. stores back in November before they went out of stock - granted that price was including shipping so it's something to keep in mind.

I've seen people all over the web angry over these prices quoting they were 2.99 US for all six - but that is the approximate price for the random 2 pack in Japan that came with a sticker.

Since you can't adopt the villagers from others - you can only visit their RVs - if you love the Sanrio villagers to have all six is a good value compared to current prices of any of the Welcome Amiibo RV villagers.

That being said Nintendo of America or Sanrio - someone - somewhere made a poor decision not to bring the cards to NA.
I hope that they are waiting for maybe the app or later this summer and they can have a successful promo here in NA.

I don't think they'll ever restock them tbh, by the looks of it. It seems like given how they're a collaboration, Nintendo's intention was probably to make them quite limited to make the demand go up and the rarity of them. I personally bought mine as soon as they were available for preorder at game. However, I live in the UK so I didn't have to pay all that much for all 6. Really sucks for those outside it who had to pay scalper prices though. It's sort of ridiculous but such is life. In all honesty, I hardly if ever use my sanrio cards, but I guess they're just a nice thing to have. Some of the furniture pieces are what makes it worth having them for me though.

Back