• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager moved in without plotting first?

Apparition

👻
Bells
So I was plot resetting and I messed up (changed the time to 5:57 and waited but forgot to make it the next day), and when I loaded up a new character, Moose's house was already up with his things in boxes. I reset the game 3 times but nothing changed. I know for a fact that a plot wasn't there earlier because it was my towns first day of existance. So then I made it the next day, loaded up my mayor, and Isabelle didn't say the usual dialog for when a villager moves in! Right now it's day two in my town, and Moose is already settled in and unpacked. What happened?? Has this happened to anyone else?

EDIT: Just found out Cherry has a plot in a rather inconvenient part of town. ;n; Now I have to cycle out seven whole villagers. Still day two, btw.

Last edited:
I understand your pain. I was just plot resetting for Cece and while she moved in the right spot with very few tries, I have had villagers who moved into the worst place ever and there was no way to fix it. I wish you luck!

Yeah, it really messes with your town. Just gotta ignore the villagers you don't want I guess. And thanks!

I actually got a bit fed up with some villagers I didn't want who were in very inconvenient places, so I set my town up with designated areas I did want villagers to eventually live, placed a million patterns all over the place (with a LOT of trial and error to get right...) just to keep them from moving anywhere else, and then used the Amiibo cards I have to kick the villagers who are in bad places out and move these placeholder villagers into the designated house spots. I kept wondering if I was being too picky, but I figured I'd rather have villagers in decent spots that I can later let move and replace >.<

well, if it's after 6 am, and you go back to before 6 am on the same day, it counts as a different day, since 6 am is when the day technically begins.
this would cause your villager's plot to show up.
once it's past 6, it's the next day. this would cause the villager's house to appear.
it looks like your mistake was not changing the day. if it was 5:57 on the next day rather than the same day, the plot wouldn't be there.
the reason isabelle didn't tell you about moose is because when you loaded it up, you changed the date to the day after moose unpacked, and she only talks about new villagers if they're still unpacking. naturally, since you only used a new save file on moose's first day in town, isabelle didn't tell you about it.

i hope this explanation makes sense, and i hope things work out in the end.

Thanks for the explanation! It's been a while since I've played animal crossing so I kind of forgot how things worked @~@

Also I did have designated spots for the villagers, but I think I forgot to cover that one spot up properly. Oh well!

Last edited:
Back