• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Guns

Soda Fox

love like you
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Yellow Lily
Since the thread about visiting the US is getting a little off topic I think it's a good time to start a new thread. Mods if you feel this is an inappropriate topic please delete it.

Anyway I've lived in the US my whole life so I've lived with the knowledge that the people I went to school with and work with own guns. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I actually feel better knowing that if some criminal wanted to drive by shooting up my neighborhood that one of the people of my community could put a quick stop to it instead of (a word*) idly waiting for the police.

Last edited:
I'm the same way. Obviously not things like huge hunting rifles or whatever, but like, for security reasons i'd like to know that someone could stop an intruder of some sort. I could see how people could feel uncomfortable though.

I remember watching TV and people saying they had to install metal detectors at schools. It must be hell living like that, you are supposed to learn and have a good time with your friends there, not worrying about getting shot ._.

Last edited:
I hate hate HATE guns.

I don't undstand how people find it fun to go out shooting. If you're shooting with the intent to eat it, fine I can live with that. But if you're going out killing animals for for fun... wth.

Last edited:
I hate guns (as someone with sensory sensitivites, they're REALLY loud) but I don't mind if other people have them.

I hate hate HATE guns.

I don't undstand how people find it fun to go out shooting. If you're shooting with the intent to eat it, fine I can live with that. But if you're going out killing animals for for fun... wth.

I just wanted to point out that a lot of us who go shooting for fun do so at a range and at inanimate objects. But I agree I'm not big on shooting animals for fun - for eating or protection imo. That said who am I to judge? A lot of people don't like that I smoke pot for fun and not medical purposes but I would hope they don't judge me on what I do for fun.

Last edited:
Guns disgust me, especially when they're used on animals.

I hate guns, I don't think they're anything but a threat to people (even when they're for "self sefense"), and even just going near one or knowing that someone I know has guns (it only happened like twice bc I don't live in the US) makes me incredibly nervous and shaky and I don't think there's anything strange about that. I actually think many people are de-sensitised if they're not afraid of guns, unless they're a trained professional or something.

I'm really not a fan. Here in Ireland, not even the police have guns for the most part and it doesn't seem to have any negative impact on their ability to keep the peace.

I'm really not a fan. Here in Ireland, not even the police have guns for the most part and it doesn't seem to have any negative impact on their ability to keep the peace.

Exactly, we're doing just fine without them so why can't they?

Guns are doing nothing but bad things in other countries, guess why? It's because it is a weapon used to kill people or injure people.

Last edited:
I think guns are cool, and it was exciting seeing one irl, but I do think they should be illegal
There's been a lot of gun related crimes in America, and I don't think they should be so easy to obtain

I am against gun control, but I wouldn't support gun laws as loose as Louisiana's either. And if I were to pass gun control laws, I would rather tax people for gun ownership than take away guns completely.

I think guns are cool, and it was exciting seeing one irl, but I do think they should be illegal
There's been a lot of gun related crimes in America, and I don't think they should be so easy to obtain

While I don't think they should be illegal I do think there should be more to getting one. In my state they do a background check on whoever is purchasing it, but then that person can turn around and just give it to someone else. I definitely think guns should be registered to the person who buys it, much like a car or house, and if a crime is committed with that gun then the person it's registered to is responsible for the crime. We're taught in gun class that your gun is your responsibility and to never leave it where someone else can get their hands on it. I think registered guns will cut down on a lot of guns floating around in the wrong hands.

Also, I think to get a gun you should have to take a class. That said, people can own cars workout a license and without taking a class - but I don't think that should be how things are. Unless it's an unusable car/gun for collectors purposes only.

I don't like guns, and would prefer if America would at least try to set some more laws around getting and having them.

There's also this meme I saw once that I like:

stop-gun-wont-etinl-child-laws-from-ge-keep-criminal-2548478.png

I hate guns. I wish they didn't exist. I know that some people like them for defense but if they didn't exist, we wouldn't need to counter them by owning our own for defense. I know shootings happen everywhere but it seems to happen so often in the USA, a place that has loose gun laws in a lot of states. It seems kinda obvious to me of why that is.

Guns disgust me, especially when they're used on animals.
How r u supposed to kill an animal then??

Should we hack at their neck with an axe until they're dead

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think guns are fine just keep them away from criminals and the mentally ill, they don't make me feel safe at all

How r u supposed to kill an animal then??

Should we hack at their neck with an axe until they're dead

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think guns are fine just keep them away from criminals and the mentally ill, they don't make me feel safe at all

I think the answer here is "don't kill animals." :lemon:

Never seen guns in my life, most cops don't even get them here. Last school shooting in our country was in 2008 and I still remember that day, the horror and sadness, like yesterday. A lawful citizen has to safely store a gun, which will not help anyone in the case of an emergency. Obviously most Americans don't follow that law and leave them out in the open for anyone to find and use. There's no conspiracy why America is so unsafe that you need guns 24/7. You do not need to go to the grocery store with a gun, there's no threat in your country. The guns are your problem. It's fine if you want to see gun shooting as a hobby, that's what shooting ranges are for. A private citizen does not need a weapon. You're not at war.

Back