Guns

i dont understand why anyone would ever think they have a right to shoot someone else. it isnt a human right to have guns and even if you are attacked by someone you cant use more force than them (so, like, if someone attacks you with no weapons abd you shoot them in the face... that's not self defense that's just murder) and killing people bc u feel threathened or w/e ??? is weird???
even if you dont use ur gun u put other people in dangwr and make them scared. if you would never kill someone you wouldnt need a gun (unless you were a hunter or whatever and then you only carry your gun with you when you go hunting.....)

anyways it's kinda Interesting to hear ppl say that they need guns to defend themselves against crime w guns bc if it was harder to get guns thered not be as much gun violence And there are other ways ti stop crime that arent literally shooting ppl.,.,,,

Your diet doesn't concern me, animals do.
It's not morally wrong to eat meat. It's a part of nature, humans like most primates are omnivores.Like are y'all gonna start yelling at dogs for not eating tofu?

Animal cruelty and factory farming are obviously wrong, but like cage free chicken and eggs and local butchers exist. Not everyone can afford to shop at trader joes and buy vegan food, and even if they can afford it it's not like that person hates animals. I'd rather haven someone go out in the woods and shoot and butcher a turkey than eat something factory farmed. Like hunting as a sport isn't really right, like all these rednecks taking pics of their 8 yr old son and the deer they shot. But basically, you can't act like killing animals is wrong cause its a part of nature. That's how the food chain works , its not a sin to kill an animal.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i dont understand why anyone would ever think they have a right to shoot someone else. it isnt a human right to have guns and even if you are attacked by someone you cant use more force than them (so, like, if someone attacks you with no weapons abd you shoot them in the face... that's not self defense that's just murder) and killing people bc u feel threathened or w/e ??? is weird???
even if you dont use ur gun u put other people in dangwr and make them scared. if you would never kill someone you wouldnt need a gun (unless you were a hunter or whatever and then you only carry your gun with you when you go hunting.....)

anyways it's kinda Interesting to hear ppl say that they need guns to defend themselves against crime w guns bc if it was harder to get guns thered not be as much gun violence And there are other ways ti stop crime that arent literally shooting ppl.,.,,,
Yeah I hate "guns don't kill ppl, ppl kill ppl!" or "if we get rid of guns ppl r just gonna find other ways to hurt ppl!"
Like ok hun try to murder me with a spoon, im sure the ammount murders will stay exactly the same : )

It's not morally wrong to eat meat. It's a part of nature, humans like most primates are omnivores.Like are y'all gonna start yelling at dogs for not eating tofu?

Animal cruelty and factory farming are obviously wrong, but like cage free chicken and eggs and local butchers exist. Not everyone can afford to shop at trader joes and buy vegan food, and even if they can afford it it's not like that person hates animals. I'd rather haven someone go out in the woods and shoot and butcher a turkey than eat something factory farmed. Like hunting as a sport isn't really right, like all these rednecks taking pics of their 8 yr old son and the deer they shot. But basically, you can't act like killing animals is wrong cause its a part of nature. That's how the food chain works , its not a sin to kill an animal.

We all have morals, and some morals differ. Mine just so happen to differ from yours and we can be civil about this or you can start an argument either way I'm leaving this conversation after this post as I feel like this will go off topic and will centre more so around veganism and animal rights than gun laws and guns in general.

Why would I yell at an animal that relies heavily on meat as it's food source? That's ridiculous. Humans can survive with and without meat and I just so happen to survive without meat, I'm healthy and I feel better about myself because I know I'm not contributing to the deaths of billions of animals. I'm aware that some people can't survive without meat and that's okay, I'm not going to shame them, I never have and I never will. So why are acting like that's what I'm doing? I can tolerate what you eat, I'm just not a fan of it, clearly.

Again why are bringing up vegan foods that people can and can't afford? If you eat meat, continue to do it if you want to, I just think it's sad and awful but again I'm not going to shame people for eating meat.

I have lived with animals and studied animals since I was a young child and I bet I know much more about animals than you, so it's unnecessary to point out food chains and nature, I KNOW HOW THEY WORK, I find it to be patronizing.

I think killing and eating animals is wrong and I will always believe that, so please do not tell me how to act and I believe it is wrong, luckily everyone commits sins so it's forgiven, it doesn't change my opinion of people.

YOU DO YOU BOO and I'll do me.

(I've made a lot of tbt from these long posts, lol)

Last edited:
I don't mind guns for security reasons. At the same time though, I will say that I support gun control laws because it is so easy for guns to get in the hands of the wrong people. After the two major shootings that took place in 2012 and then obviously recent terrorist events in Europe have shown what radicalized religion has done with them (although, we knew that Islamist terrorism was going to be a threat no matter what since September 11, 2001), I think it's clear that the very mentally ill and those with terrorist connections do not need to possess a gun.

I do have to admit that America is a little too crazy when it comes to guns. Not because of the obsession on guns, but because of what happened between 2012 and 2013. Some reporter living in America criticized America for having the second amendment. And guess what happened. People petitioned to get him deported for saying that. And this what a White House petition. Fortunately, Obama turned it down when the White House responded. When i said America is crazy, this is exactly what I'm talking about. A call to exile people who disagree with them.

Last edited:
I do have to admit that America is a little too crazy when it comes to guns. Not because of the obsession on guns, but because of what happened between 2012 and 2013. Some reporter living in America criticized America for having the second amendment. And guess what happened. People petitioned to get him deported for saying that. And this what a White House petition. Fortunately, Obama turned it down when the White House responded. When i said America is crazy, this is exactly what I'm talking about. A call to exile people who disagree with them.

It's very pathetic isn't it?

I guess they forgot that freedom of speech is thing, huh?

I don't like guns at all and would never own one

like personally I don't see the point in owning a gun. as if 90% of the people who are like "it's for self defense!!!1" would actually have the balls to shoot someone

i think they should just be a lot more regulated

ex. my uncle has guns, but he doesnt go hunting or anything, he just collects and occasionally shoots at targets for sport
i mean yeah, i personally have tried it, i dont think its fun or entertaining. but other people like it and its a hobby i guess so who r we to say anything about that type of person owning a gun.

but the problem is there are lit no regulations on all the sick people out there owning guns, which i think can be fixed with more background checks, testing, etc.

I don't like guns at all and would never own one

like personally I don't see the point in owning a gun. as if 90% of the people who are like "it's for self defense!!!1" would actually have the balls to shoot someone

Part of our training for those who do take gun courses is that if you're going to own a gun at all you need to be prepared to shoot it. Having a gun but not the willpower to use it if needed is just asking for trouble - especially if you have it visible. And of course if you have a gun out and it's not holstered you're really asking for trouble.

One of the guys in my gun course brought his in for the shooting practice portion. In the classroom he whipped it out and was waiving it around to show us and completely broke rule #1. He was dismissed from the class for doing that.

I don't mind the act of having a gun, whether you (legally) hunt, you have it for protection, or something else entirely, but I do agree with the fact that it should get a little harder to obtain a license for one in the first place.

Pretty crap idea here, but I think you possibly should be restricted in what kind of bullets you buy as well until you get an "upgraded" license. Lessay, rubber. I think they use rubber bullets for violent protests, actually - they incapacitate, but don't kill, so it'd be in the right market for the self-defence crowd. When you get a less **** license, which would require significantly harder checks, tests, yada yada, you're up to a regular license.

Last edited:
I don't mind the act of having a gun, whether you (legally) hunt, you have it for protection, or something else entirely, but I do agree with the fact that it should get a little harder to obtain a license for one in the first place.

Pretty crap idea here, but I think you possibly should be restricted in what kind of bullets you buy as well until you get an "upgraded" license. Lessay, rubber. I think they use rubber bullets for violent protests, actually - they incapacitate, but don't kill, so it'd be in the right market for the self-defence crowd. When you get a less **** license, which would require significantly harder checks, tests, yada yada, you're up to a regular license.

Agreed. Even better, again, register the bullets to the person purchasing them. It wouldn't be hard to etch a serial number into each bullet matching the box it comes from, and it's up to the person who bought it to keep track of their bullets or risk a crime being committed and it falls on the person whose bullet and/or gun the registrations match.

That's a bit wild. But it just goes to show how important the second amendment is to many americans.

Same thing I said in the non-Americans visiting America thread; I hate guns and pretty much everyone outside of the US hates them too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How r u supposed to kill an animal then??

Should we hack at their neck with an axe until they're dead

maybe, just maybe, we shouldn't kill them at all

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah I hate "guns don't kill ppl, ppl kill ppl!" or "if we get rid of guns ppl r just gonna find other ways to hurt ppl!"
Like ok hun try to murder me with a spoon, im sure the ammount murders will stay exactly the same : )

1- THAT **** DOESN'T EXIST. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CRUELTY-FREE ANIMAL FARMING
2- WE ARE NOT CARNIVORES LIKE DOGS. OUR 'CANINES' DON'T MEAN THAT WE'RE VICIOUS HUNTERS; THEY WERE ORIGINALLY THERE TO BREAK OPEN NUTS AND SEEDS
3- IT'S NOT A PART OF NATURE.
4- IT IS NOT THE FOOD CHAIN.
5- WE ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN

christ, i think i caught something

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, right. Guns.

If we take away all of the guns, there isn't a demand for more guns for self-defense and therefore, guns aren't needed.

Last edited:
I'm aaalll for gun rights, as long as they're registered to your name and you have no criminal history. I also think people should be allowed to have beefy hunting rifles, especially when you consider that a home invasion is usually a 2-4 person job and it takes 3-5 accurate shots with a handgun to the torso to completely stop an individual (and if you haven't had a looot of practice with your gun and you haven't mentally prepared yourself to be in a potential life or death situation, you aren't likely to be nearly as accurate as you would be otherwise).

Also, I'm of the opinion that you forfeit your life the moment you decide to break into someone else's house, to take what they've put hours of their limited lifespan into working to pay for, and to potentially do harm to them.

I know a lot of people that don't agree with ever shooting anyone for any reason, but I can't wrap my mind around why (other than ignorance when it comes to how ****ing horrible some people are) they'd want to defend the lives of people that choose to be a menace to the society they live in.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Same thing I said in the non-Americans visiting America thread; I hate guns and pretty much everyone outside of the US hates them too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

maybe, just maybe, we shouldn't kill them at all

- - - Post Merge - - -

1- THAT **** DOESN'T EXIST. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CRUELTY-FREE ANIMAL FARMING
2- WE ARE NOT CARNIVORES LIKE DOGS. OUR 'CANINES' DON'T MEAN THAT WE'RE VICIOUS HUNTERS; THEY WERE ORIGINALLY THERE TO BREAK OPEN NUTS AND SEEDS
3- IT'S NOT A PART OF NATURE.
4- IT IS NOT THE FOOD CHAIN.
5- WE ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN

christ, i think i caught something

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, right. Guns.

If we take away all of the guns, there isn't a demand for more guns for self-defense and therefore, guns aren't needed.

Lol dogs are omnivores, too, not carnivores.

Also taking away guns would never work because the technology to build them is already here. You might be able take guns away temporarily, but you can't take the knowledge surrounding them away, meaning there will always be guns, and this fantasy you have about a gun free utopia will never be reality.

Do you realize that you can 3D print a functional gun? Granted it'll only work a few times before it breaks, but the point is that they'll always exist. There is no taking away guns. It's time to face that hard truth and move on with your life, and maybe even get a gun and start practicing shooting so you can, oh I don't know, save your life if someone ever tries to break into your house, rather than hiding in the bathroom and ****ting yourself.

I'm aaalll for gun rights, as long as they're registered to your name and you have no criminal history. I also think people should be allowed to have beefy hunting rifles, especially when you consider that a home invasion is usually a 2-4 person job and it takes 3-5 accurate shots with a handgun to the torso to completely stop an individual (and if you haven't had a looot of practice with your gun and you haven't mentally prepared yourself to be in a potential life or death situation, you aren't likely to be nearly as accurate as you would be otherwise).

Also, I'm of the opinion that you forfeit your life the moment you decide to break into someone else's house, to take what they've put hours of their limited lifespan into working to pay for, and to potentially do harm to them.

I know a lot of people that don't agree with ever shooting anyone for any reason, but I can't wrap my mind around why (other than ignorance when it comes to how ****ing horrible some people are) they'd want to defend the lives of people that choose to be a menace to the society they live in.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol dogs are omnivores, too, not carnivores.

Also taking away guns would never work because the technology to build them is already here. You might be able take guns away temporarily, but you can't take the knowledge surrounding them away, meaning there will always be guns, and this fantasy you have about a gun free utopia will never be reality.

Do you realize that you can 3D print a functional gun? Granted it'll only work a few times before it breaks, but the point is that they'll always exist. There is no taking away guns. It's time to face that hard truth and move on with your life, and maybe even get a gun and start practicing shooting so you can, oh I don't know, save your life if someone ever tries to break into your house, rather than hiding in the bathroom and ****ting yourself.

I live in a country where guns are illegal and where, unlike the US, we don't have to shoot each other to feel secure.

Last edited:
I'm fine with guns. However there should be tighter security and background checks to get a license to own a gun.

I want one since I'm paranoid about a home invasion, but my family doesn't own any.

Overall I think society would be better without them, but I want one since if other people have them and can be dangerous, I need one as well for protection.

Also I'm completely against hunting for sport.

There's nothing wrong with using guns for hunting. As long as you don't do it just for fun, but to actually eat it. If you find fun in killing animals, as long as you eat it, and kill it in the quickest way possible, fine. You do you. And guns for self defense? That's the very reason guns exist. I don't know where people are getting this idea of "removing guns removes violence" because that's just plain dumb. You can sexually assault someone without a gun. You can build a IED without a gun. You can make a "knockout gas" and kill your victims in their sleep whitout a gun. Crossbows, knives, 3D printed guns... you can get them quite easily. If people really want to outlaw guns, to the point where you can't possess a handgun, then why don't we outlaw InstaPots, or nails? You can easily make a IED with those, and cause a whole lot more destruction than a handgun could. Heck, they're way cheaper, and no security check is required! And if people want to argue that those won't work for people who want to kill a single person, then let me tell you about knives. It's actually pretty easy to walk up to someone and stab them, believe it or not. Anyone willing to discuss this with me, I would gladly accept. Thank you.

Back