• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Guns

I own a gun and if you dislike that, that's okay! However, I'm also not going to give it up just because some people don't like it. People who kill others with guns are "criminals" which means they are doing something "illegal". By banning guns and making them illegal as well, you are preventing law-abiding citizens from having guns. Do you really think criminals are not going to just buy one illegally when they already have intent to break the law as it is? Having nothing to defend yourself with at home from home break-ins is dangerous and I'm not going to risk the lives of people I like by not having something I am trained in using. That's all I will say on this subject.

People who kill others with guns are "criminals" which means they are doing something "illegal". By banning guns and making them illegal as well, you are preventing law-abiding citizens from having guns. Do you really think criminals are not going to just buy one illegally when they already have intent to break the law as it is?

Although I'll be the first to admit I don't love guns, this is my way of thinking. We have guns in America now, which means whether or not they're banned we are always going to have guns. If a criminal has a gun and intends to use it for some kind of criminal purpose they're not going to care whether owning or being in poession of a gun is illegal when they're going to be doing something illegal with it in the first place. Banning guns outright won't do anything for the people who aren't going to follow the law either way.

Instead of banning them just make them much harder to get. A friend of mine had to go through a month (I think) of gun classes and pass a test in a shooting range before she got her gun licence. Someone else I know stole a gun and killed the person who owned it then robbed and shot someone else, and himself accidently. He had no business owning a gun and that proves my point. If someone wants a gun they're going to find a way to get it no matter what, whether it's the right way or the wrong way. Banning them when they're are other ways to get them isn't going to do anything but piss off the people who went about getting them the proper way who are using them for what they were made for, defense.

Although I'll be the first to admit I don't love guns, this is my way of thinking. We have guns in America now, which means whether or not they're banned we are always going to have guns. If a criminal has a gun and intends to use it for some kind of criminal purpose they're not going to care whether owning or being in poession of a gun is illegal when they're going to be doing something illegal with it in the first place. Banning guns outright won't do anything for the people who aren't going to follow the law either way.

Instead of banning them just make them much harder to get. A friend of mine had to go through a month (I think) of gun classes and pass a test in a shooting range before she got her gun licence. Someone else I know stole a gun and killed the person who owned it then robbed and shot someone else, and himself accidently. He had no business owning a gun and that proves my point. If someone wants a gun they're going to find a way to get it no matter what, whether it's the right way or the wrong way. Banning them when they're are other ways to get them isn't going to do anything but piss off the people who went about getting them the proper way who are using them for what they were made for, defense.

I completely advocate for tighter laws of guns as well! I also think that gun owners who don't keep their guns locked up properly should face harder penalties. Most gun related crimes are using stolen guns, not by the actual gun owners. I'm kinda embarrassed when I see someone has been injured by a firearm because the owner couldn't be arsed to get any kind of locked safe or cabinet to store it in and it's an accident waiting to happen.

I own a gun and if you dislike that, that's okay! However, I'm also not going to give it up just because some people don't like it. People who kill others with guns are "criminals" which means they are doing something "illegal". By banning guns and making them illegal as well, you are preventing law-abiding citizens from having guns. Do you really think criminals are not going to just buy one illegally when they already have intent to break the law as it is? Having nothing to defend yourself with at home from home break-ins is dangerous and I'm not going to risk the lives of people I like by not having something I am trained in using. That's all I will say on this subject.

idk if you understand that people who commit crimes and people who dont arent two separate species or whatever..? you cant know who is going to commit a crime with their gun and who is going to use it for "protection" or to shoot at cans because it's fun. sure, with better laws about who is allowed to own a gun a lot of crimes could be stopped but there will always be a bunch of people who aren't seen as bad gun owners but that will use their gun to commit a crime.
when there are that many guns in a country it becomes a natural weapon to use, while in a lot of other countries where guns are a lot more regulated and like no one owns a gun "for protection" guns arent the most used weapon because it is a lot harder to get guns there. like, knife attacks are horrible too of course but knives aren't nearly as deadly and dangerous as guns can be.

another big problem i have w guns in the usa is the gun culture??? it's so weird. why would it ever be your right to shoot someone and why do people think it's ok 2 to have a gun with you in public like??????????????????????????????
so many pro gun people are like "it's to protect my family!!!!" well your family is at risk of getting shot but i guess it's all cool if you can shoot the person who shot your kid because that's a lot smarter than not having to be afraid of being shot because it's illegal and difficult to own and carry around a gun in public.

of course illegal guns exist but not as many people who might commit crimes (aka everyone lmao) would own guns if they had to get it illegally. i get that you'd have a hard time getting rid of guns in the us bc of the gun lover culture and paranoia that everyone else is out to ruin ur life and steal ur stuff lmao
honestly there are so many problems in the usa that are connected to guns and the attitude about guns that makes everything a lot worse and more difficult.
i think the gun situation is partly a result of a lot of other problems you have in the usa and that's a reason to why people feel the need to get guns which leads to people feeling more unsafe, which leads to more people getting guns and so on.... it cant go on like that.

Back