Guns

I could hear gunshots all the time where I used to live, but that was old Mr. McPhee who was a farmer nearby who always practiced his gun. The Magical Security people shut his farm down a few months after we moved unfortunately.

Last edited:
I feel pretty fearful of guns. I've also lived in the US all my life and I've heard gunshots on random nights though pretty often. I lived close to Chicago for most of my life though, a place where there is A LOT of violence some gun and some not. I think guns are just one way to enact violence. There are plently of other ways people can find to do what they're set out to do. Whether it's protect their family and property to gang and police violence.

I'm not a fan of guns at all, too much death too readily, literally day before last a girl (20yo) got shot by her father right down the street from me. I live in a pretty nice area so it was surprising to say the least. I don't think much good comes from guns so I am against them. When we were given the right to bear arms it was for crappy pistols that took a really long time to load so yeah... I don't know. Not a fan of guns.

non u wont go to the us because youre unreasonably paranoid lol

and it isnt unreasonably paranoid to own 3 guns in case some Evil Murderer breaks into your house and tries to kill you..?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well how secure would you feel if someone marched into your house with a gun and threatened to steal everything?

i hate when people say that they beed more guns because everyone else has so many guns. wouldnt it be a lot smarter to stop most people feom having guns instead of having everyone buy one (this making ppl feel more unsafe and get More guns and then people feel more unsafe and...)

kotp0nu0lvix.png

it's not a hard concept to grasp that if you take away guns from criminals, there is no need for civilians to have guns to have some sense of security. if there are no guns to begin with, no gun crimes take place and you don't need guns to defend yourself.

why even have a functioning report button

I think I'm a bit neutral on guns. I think it's really a tough thing to take a stance on.

First, I wish semi automatic assault guns were banned from the general public to buy. I don't care if you're a gun collector, if you WERE in the military/army. What do you need that for? That should only be for active people on duty. Civilians do not need that type of gun to protect themselves. I think gun permits fees should be one universal price. A very high universal price. You can see that prices (in 2013) range in the USA.

I don't like big-game hunting. I remember THIS (tw: dead animals) story caused a firestorm. I absolutely loathe it. I do think that normal hunting is fine. Like hunters that actually will eat the animal they kill.

My household owns gun. It's just a typical black gun. We live in a nice middle class neighborhood. But guess what? We had a motherf-.. murderer living in our neighborhood. He killed a little girl that lived in the neighborhood behind our home. That was 16 years ago. You can live anywhere, the most safest neighborhood but you don't know all your neighbors. My dad waved to the guy every time we drove by. Now he's on death row. ��

People who live in rural and/or woodsy areas? Yeah, I'd definitely get a gun. Read LetsNotMeet on Reddit. People are scary. I know there's other defense weapons; my mom has an aluminum baseball bat near her bed. I've purchased pepper spray and looked into getting a taser. If someone did break into our house; I probably wouldn't reach for that gun and just bar myself in a room calling 911. We aren't all bad ass gunslingers that we believe to be.

I can't give an absolute solution on how guns should be managed. I think gun restrictions are needed but will it hurt or help? Or do nothing. I don't know. It's a tough thing to tackle.

Last edited:
I didn't think hunting was related to this topic but I guess I'll jump in on that side of things.

I am personally completely and utterly against killing anything for any unnecessary reason, and while that's a controversial opinion in its own right, I think that hunting is the most pointless, unnecessary, and frankly disgusting way a human being can spend their time. To call killing a sport is just beyond me totally, and the fact people see it as some kind of ancient tradition to be proud of only further demonstrates how backwards we still are.

So, with that in mind, my original point still stands. In the world we live in, where unfortunately there are bad people in the world, people should have the right to have a gun to protect themselves, but it should be so much harder than it is right now to get them, and if you want one, playing around with one and killing innocent creatures should not be considered a valid reason, ever.

Last edited:
I didn't think hunting was related to this topic but I guess I'll jump in on that side of things.

I am personally completely and utterly against killing anything for any unnecessary reason, and while that's a controversial opinion in its own right, I think that hunting is the most pointless, unnecessary, and frankly disgusting way a human being can spend their time. To call killing a sport is just beyond me totally, and the fact people see it as some kind of ancient tradition to be proud of only further demonstrates how backwards we still are.

So, with that in mind, my original point still stands. In the world we live in, where unfortunately there are bad people in the world, people should have the right to have a gun to protect themselves, but it should be so much harder than it is right now to get them, and if you want one, playing around with one and killing innocent creatures should not be considered a valid reason, ever.

If there was someone assaulting your house you'd shoot them?

Maybe we should just all have tazers, the chance of them killing someone is low and it's not like you can commit much crimes with one ^-^

If there was someone assaulting your house you'd shoot them?
I don't know why people are so paranoid about others breaking into their houses, only 1 time someone tried to break into my house and the alarm scared them away. After that, it never happened again.

I don't know why people are so paranoid about others breaking into their houses, only 1 time someone tried to break into my house and the alarm scared them away. After that, it never happened again.

I agree. Idk about the US, but in my area (middle-class Australia, btw) most people have alarms, security cameras, etc. The only guns I've seen is on police officers. I've never heard of anyone owning a gun before, it just seems insanely scary to me.

I didn't realise you were allowed to hunt animals, either. The first I've heard about it is from this thread. That seems a bit odd to me but I don't know much about it so it's not really my place to judge.

My household owns gun. It's just a typical black gun. We live in a nice middle class neighborhood. But guess what? We had a motherf-.. murderer living in our neighborhood. He killed a little girl that lived in the neighborhood behind our home. That was 16 years ago. You can live anywhere, the most safest neighborhood but you don't know all your neighbors. My dad waved to the guy every time we drove by. Now he's on death row.

should the little girl have had a gun so she could have killed him in self defense? lmao i get that it would be nice to be able to go out and shoot someone who was in the middle of murdering your kid but like....... that's not a very realistic thing that would happen??? and the police is for dealing with crime.
if they have a gun anyone can go outside and kill people much more easily than if they don't have a gun.

it sucks that someone was murdered but it doesn't justify that everyone in the usa has the right to have a gun. if it is more difficult to kill someone less people will be killed. of course there will always be some murders but guns are made to kill with (unlike ropes, knives, cars etc.) and i don't get why it should be legal to own something that is only used to hurt and kill living stuff.
the whole thing is like saying "murder is bad but you all have a right to own and carry around a tool made for murder have fun everyone !!! :')" and that's not very Intellectual .

should the little girl have had a gun so she could have killed him in self defense? lmao i get that it would be nice to be able to go out and shoot someone who was in the middle of murdering your kid but like....... that's not a very realistic thing that would happen??? and the police is for dealing with crime.
if they have a gun anyone can go outside and kill people much more easily than if they don't have a gun.

it sucks that someone was murdered but it doesn't justify that everyone in the usa has the right to have a gun. if it is more difficult to kill someone less people will be killed. of course there will always be some murders but guns are made to kill with (unlike ropes, knives, cars etc.) and i don't get why it should be legal to own something that is only used to hurt and kill living stuff.
the whole thing is like saying "murder is bad but you all have a right to own and carry around a tool made for murder have fun everyone !!! :')" and that's not very Intellectual .

I'm going to say this again but an outright gun ban in the US will only mean many many years of bloodshed. What we need is a gradual tightening, again ideally register guns and bullets to the people purchasing them so anyone who tries to sell it to a criminal is still responsible for any crime committed with that gun, and once the guns that are out there are limited more to those that are responsible and less to those that are not responsible with their gun, we can think about a ban. But in the mean time responsible people need to be able to defend themselves and, assuming the police aren't bought off by criminals, police response takes time and a criminal with a gun and citizens without would mean the criminal can kill a lot of people before the police show up. Even one responsible citizen with a gun in the area can end the situation much more quickly.

Thanks for cherry picking friend. You kind of missed the whole point. I'm saying wealthy neighborhoods are assumed to be safe. That isn't the case. It's not about the child having a gun. What?? I didn't even say that.

If you read my next paragraph, I even said as a gun owner, I wouldn't even reach my for my own gun if someone had broke into my house. Flight, Fight and Freeze take ahold of a person differently​.

No.. just don't make everyone have a gun randomly. Not only because peace n love and stuff but yeah I bet most people having them are obviously not mentally ready to have one.

I'm glad you're not allowed here unless you have a license for guns used for hunting.

I'm going to say this again but an outright gun ban in the US will only mean many many years of bloodshed. What we need is a gradual tightening, again ideally register guns and bullets to the people purchasing them so anyone who tries to sell it to a criminal is still responsible for any crime committed with that gun, and once the guns that are out there are limited more to those that are responsible and less to those that are not responsible with their gun, we can think about a ban. But in the mean time responsible people need to be able to defend themselves and, assuming the police aren't bought off by criminals, police response takes time and a criminal with a gun and citizens without would mean the criminal can kill a lot of people before the police show up. Even one responsible citizen with a gun in the area can end the situation much more quickly.

I completely agree with your first statement regarding slowly taking away firearms. If there was an outright ban there'd be a civil war, I remember watching doomsday prepers on discovery channel (or was it nat geo?) And this American guy had an explosive proof walk in vault containing an armory of more then 50 guns (That's an under estimate too). He literally said to the camera "if cops try to take my guns I'll shoot them down", so yeah an outright ban is a horrible idea.

On the contrary your second comment about gunmen/murders and civs using guns to stop it, the amount of times I hear of a shooting in the US it's ALWAYS stopped by the cops so don't bs and say regular civilians need them for protection it's just feeding the initial problem. To justify this statement and provide a counter argument towards your comment on corrupt cops, put yourself is an officers shoes, if every citizen could be carrying a gun ready to kill you, you're damn right and justified to be paranoid if you need to take legal action against them.

Break the cycle, use tasers ^-^

EDIT: also those cops shooting black skinned people etc. They wouldn't have the need to carry firearms if everyone didn't carry in the first place, our cops in NZ only carry batons and tazers, they only ever deploy with a gun if it's called in and in those situations the armed offenders squad normally respond. Unfortunately you will always have corrupt and racist cops, but removing guns from the equation means they'll have less means to cause harm.

Last edited:
and it isnt unreasonably paranoid to own 3 guns in case some Evil Murderer breaks into your house and tries to kill you..?

- - - Post Merge - - -

i hate when people say that they beed more guns because everyone else has so many guns. wouldnt it be a lot smarter to stop most people feom having guns instead of having everyone buy one (this making ppl feel more unsafe and get More guns and then people feel more unsafe and...)

My point being is, people will still have guns even if they do stop selling them. If guns are taken away, but the thieves manage to hide them, what are you going to protect yourself with when they show up at your house? That would certainly make me feel more unsafe then before.

It sucks that we don't live in La La Land where every single gun in the world can magically vanish and we don't have to worry about anything, but that is and will never be the case because some people are just mentally insane.

Last edited:
My point being is, people will still have guns even if they do stop selling them. If guns are taken away, but the thieves manage to hide them, what are you going to protect yourself with when they show up at your house? That would certainly make me feel more unsafe then before.

It sucks that we don't live in La La Land where every single gun in the world can magically vanish and we don't have to worry about anything, but that is and will never be the case because some people are just mentally insane.

yeah im not saying that you should make guns illegal over a day bc that'd obviously not work. idk exactly how you should solve that issue but it isnt a good idea to sell more guns and i think it would be good if people were educated about gun violence and if the police was more effective (so that not as many would want/feel the need to get a gun)

if theyd make guns illegal the government and police would definitely have to put in extra resources so they could stop as many gun crimes as possible lmao.

I feel the same way. I feel safer knowing there is weapons around me. I myself have knives since I am not old enough for a conceal carry. I've shot my dads guns before though in my backyard (its acres long since I live in the country so it was safe) and I definitely want one when I am 21.

I feel the same way. I feel safer knowing there is weapons around me. I myself have knives since I am not old enough for a conceal carry. I've shot my dads guns before though in my backyard (its acres long since I live in the country so it was safe) and I definitely want one when I am 21.

do you feel safe knowing that many other people have guns and other weapons? like, anyone you meet could have a gun, doesnt that make you feel unsafe

if my dad or mom owned a gun, i would get really paranoid and probably break it because of delusions
that being said, i dont want a gun and if i feel like i need something i bring a knife just in case

Back