• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your hair type/texture?

What type of hair do you have?

• Straight

Votes: 70 52.6%
  • Wavy

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • Curly

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • Kinky

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I'm bald

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I have thin hair after losing it all from lack of iron, it used to be fairly straight but since I'm always wearing it up it's sort of gone between curly and wavy. It has thickened, only slightly though. I lost a lot of it on the sides of my head close to my ears.

My hair is a mixture of wavy and straight - just in between. It's pretty think when it gets really long but after a haircut it's really smooth...

I'm originally like you! I have wavy/curly hair that's pretty thick, but since it's so hard to manage, especially when its humid (FRIZZY AS HELL), I decided to straighten my hair once every year. Ever since then, my natural hair itself has become wavy/straight and thick, but at least it's smooth and really manageable. :)

I have thick, black, curly ringlets. For some reason the sides of my hair grow smoother than the rest of my hair. The texture is overall just normal, not super smooth or super rough. Except the sides which grow differently for some annoying reason

I have thick black hair. It's usually straight but will get wavy-ish on occasion. I've thought about dying it when I was younger but I've grown to like my hair color. I'm trying to grow it out a bit. I've had it shoulder length or shorter for years. :)

Last edited:
I have really thick, wavy hair. And I'm not exaggerating with that "really" part, because every time I go to a salon, the stylist would always comment on how thick it is (and how hard it is to fix). My hair is naturally wavy, big kind of waves that curl more as it goes down. I actually love my hair, because I believe the flow it just fantastic (in my opinion). So yeah, I leave it just like that, I don't want any treatments to make it straight. However, I admit that I also enjoy having straight hair at times, but I have a reliable hair straightener for that. I invested in one that would really be able to handle the thick strands of my hair, because I would hate to spend 2 hours ironing, only to have it go back to the way it was 30 minutes later. So yeah, GHD is the way to go for me.

Anyway, here's a quick snap of my hair. Ignore the colour. :)

Capture.jpg

I have dsrk brown curly and thin hair, not the best combination for me. I wish my hair was thicker and fuller.

My hair is jet black and thin. It's naturally straight so its easy to brush and I always have it tied back in a high messy bun.

Naturally curly, dark brown with hints of red from the sun.
It can get out of control if I don't, well, control it lol
I'm of mixed race (black/white) so it's fun having to figure this hair out -_-"

Just some thick hair parted to the left (right on my view) Jet black.
Some of my hair always stay up, I either end up having to put gel on or forcefully push it down

Last edited:
My hair is naturally curly and pretty fluffy at times. It's very thin, and the strands themselves are very fine too.
It's one of the worse combinations you could have haha.

I have naturally fine, frustratingly straight hair. If I don't use mousse and two other volumizing products I swear it looks like there's a mop on my head, it's too flat lol! Don't even get me started on the wad of hair that ends up in the drain after a shower. I shed like crazy that sometimes it feels like I'm losing hair, but nope just grows straight back.

My hair is naturally thick, wavy and frizzy. When I brush it out its super fluffy and beast-like.

My hair is very fine and soft, but there's so much of it you'd think my hair is super thick. It's about 95% straight, and if I curl or straighten it with an iron it'll revert to it's natural state in a few hours. Kinda frustrating. Nonetheless I do really like my hair. I have a nervous habit of brushing and fidgeting with it a lot so that might be why I can't keep curls in it.

My hair's strawberry blonde, it's thick & straight. My hair goes down to my shoulders, which I'm starting to like. Although, I'd prefer it if was longer. I once saw this girl with hair which went down to her thighs. She was wearing a jumper :)

thick, straight, brown
i wish it was naturally wavy, straight hair is so boring

Highlighted golden blonde, 3 feet long, and very straight and silky. The strands themselves are fine but it's very dense and full.

I like my hair.

Back