• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite 3ds game besides Animal Crossing?

So far I play a ton of different games, but I play Pokemon, Zelda, and Fire Emblem games...but I am currently hooked on Corpse Party.

Oh yeah, Corpse Party is pretty awesome too! I know it's a port but it's still freaking awesome. Betrer than I expected. The sprites are well detailed and with the special effects in game, it makes you feel like you're really there.

The Fire Emblem games (Fates is my fave of the two on 3DS), the Monster Hunter series (4U is my fave, I haven't played Generations that much ;~; ), also Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, and Project Mirai DX. I've played each Pokemon installment on the 3DS (not including the twin games, like I played Moon but not Sun) and I always really enjoy them while playing, but I don't tend to continue to play them after completing the game. I enjoy battling but I just wish I didn't have to invest in the metagame to be halfway decent at it these days.

Smash, Pokemon Y/Omega Ruby/Moon, Kirby Planet Robobot +Triple Deluxe

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Corpse Party is pretty awesome too! I know it's a port but it's still freaking awesome. Betrer than I expected. The sprites are well detailed and with the special effects in game, it makes you feel like you're really there.

I know I play with my head phones on and when a voice comes out it is right behind me....like Sachi's Mom in the room...her voice scared me.

I never played the older versions...but I am watching a play through of Book of Secrets then I will watch one on Blood drive...I have a Vita so I can play those games but so far the 3ds one is just fine for me.

Side note...have you seen the live action Asian Film for Corpse Party?

Tbh AC:NL isn't even my favorite 3DS game. My favorites are Super Mario 3D Land and Tomodachi Life. I don't even have the latter, but I've played the demo and I loved it.

Omg there's so many 3DS games I haven't played, probably some that I would absolutely love T.T RIP

I'll have to say The Legend of Zelda:Majora's Mask 3D.
I never get tired of that game. :eek:

I really like Smash Bros for it as well.

My favorite 3DS games are the Pokemon games. They all have their strengths and weaknesses and I like them all pretty equally for different reasons. If I absolutely had to choose, I suppose I would have to go with Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. ORAS included Super Training and more Mega Evolutions than were included in X & Y, so despite lacking trainer customization they put on the strongest showing compared to X & Y and Sun & Moon.

That said, if I am able to acquire Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia at some point then that might be a strong contender and might overtake ORAS. Fire Emblem used to be my favorite video game series in general (the direction the series has taken in terms of casualization, pandering, and poor writing starting with Awakening has killed my interest in the franchise's future) and seeing a remake of an older game, albeit one that is an outlier and not that comparable to the rest of the series, with voice acting and all that is nice to see.

I've heard that while the game doesn't have a whole lot of replay value, its presentation is apparently pretty fantastic. I'd like to experience it for myself at some point.

Oh my gosh I have Xenoblade but I've never played it you're making me want to right now though. My faourites are literally all of the compatible fire emblem games, pokemon x, monster hunter 3

Pokemon X. Kingdom Hearts 3D was pretty good, too, but it's much better to play on the PS4 IMO. Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice is a good Ace Attorney game, too. I enjoyed it more than Duel Destinies.

All the FE games are pretty good . Rune Factory 4 is suprisingly addicting although I'm still waiting for the trigger of Act 3. I'm currently playing A Link Between Worlds and it's amazing.

Well, I've only played Pokemon Sun, so I guess Pokemon Sun is my current favorite, besides AC:NL.

Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby Planet Robobot. I like Kirby way too much.
Also, all the main series Pokemon games.

I personally love all of the Ace Attorney games! (From Ace Attorney Trilogy to Spirit of Justice)

The mix of rich storyline and humor is amazing :') <3

Back