• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite 3ds game besides Animal Crossing?

Drokmar

Overall, a pretty rad guy
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Isabelle
Hey there, everyone!

I decided to come here and ask the above question. I know we all love ourselves some Animal Crossing, but what's your top pick besides that?

My personal choice is Xenoblade Chronicles 3d. Just the fact that they pull a full wii Jrpg game on a nintendo handheld is cool enough, but the gameplay is unique, strategic and immersive! I could argue that the characters are "shallow" because they fill up generic archetypes, but they are still very original in design. The plot is a little slow at first, but then really starts to take off after a bit. The maps are absolutely huge! Eclipsing the scale of most maps found on 3ds games, and they aren't just for show either! They're chock full of sidequests and hidden locations, a completionist's dream/nightmare!

If you have a new 3ds and are looking to fill up some free time this summer, I'd totally recommend you picking up this game! That is, assuming you can find it. The last time I saw at a non-game store was about 6 months ago. And last time I checked on amazon, a used complete one was priced at $38 plus shipping...

So what are your opinions? What's your secondary pick for the 3ds, and what do you recommend for summer gaming?

I haven't played any of the Xenoblade games yet! I plan to at some point.

I really love Tomodachi Life and both of the 3d Zelda games (Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask)

ACNL is the only one I've liked so far .-.

I've got Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on N64 and Gamecube and quite obviously love them, so I'll just go with those.

Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Yoshi & Poochy's Woolly World

Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia will probably join this list once I start playing. I'm not a fan of Awakening & Fates.

Pokemon ORAS and Mario Kart 7. They're both so fun to play and addictive!

i played Layton Vs Ace Attorney for 200 hours so probably that

The Pokemon and Monster Hunter games (Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and 4 Ultimate being my favorites) are probably the best in my eyes, IMO. Hyrule Warriors Legends and Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World are great too, but since they're ports of Wii U titles I guess I'll exclude them from this list.

I really enjoyed Fantasy Life. Still have a lot to do in the game and I've been playing around 100 hours already. The only thing is it gets a little repetitive but I usually play it when I get bored of ACNL and then it feels relatively fresh coming back to it again :'D Otherwise, Mario Kart is my next go to game.

Pok?mon ORAS, Pok?mon XY, Pok?mon Sun, Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates, Rayman 3D, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4 (though I don't play it anymore 'cause I only have a circle pad for my regular-sized 3DS). I have quite a few others but these are the ones that are dearest to me.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd say Mario Kart 7 is it wasn't so badly done with the AI's and somewhat hint of destroying certain tracks (like they did more in 8 on the retro ones). Also the online community is pretty bad since you almost never get players (yes it's old, but if you do they always disconnect or the Internet does).

Pkmn ORAS I guess, it could have been much better than it actually is, tho. I don't remember if Lego Star wars clone wars is 3ds exclusive, but if it is, then it's another favorite.

Last edited:
Does Majora's Mask 3DS count? Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time. I play a lot of Pokemon Moon.

I don't know. The 3ds has a lot of cool games. I like playing Pok?mon, Phoenix Wright, and Fire Emblem Awakening/ Fates.

Yeah, I'd say Mario Kart 7 is it wasn't so badly done with the AI's and somewhat hint of destroying certain tracks (like they did more in 8 on the retro ones). Also the online community is pretty bad since you almost never get players (yes it's old, but if you do they always disconnect or the Internet does).

The AIs were done well and I really enjoyed the controls. I don't know why they did but the drifting felt so smooth to me amd made the tracks really fun to play on. I also loved the little boost jumps you can do off jumps. I do it so often since I play the Wii MK and 3DS MK that it'll feel empty when I go back to older games and can't do it. Lmao.

One thing I hate about it though, is that for wireless play, you can't pause the entire race. It just continuously plays. You can pause your own screen, but the race still runs. Like wtf? I must be missing a way to pause the game. My brother and I can't figure it out and it's annoying, really annoying.

So far I play a ton of different games, but I play Pokemon, Zelda, and Fire Emblem games...but I am currently hooked on Corpse Party.

Back