To those who don't live in America...

Have you visited the United States before?

• Total voters
I've never been, and don't really plan to visit anytime soon. Canada on the other hand... ;)

I really do want to go so I can meet two of my American friends. I've had a thing with both of them. K is my world, and A is a great friend.
I love them so very much. <3

I have never been to the United States and I don't ever want to unless I have to.

Guns being legal are part of the reason why.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never been, and don't really plan to visit anytime soon. Canada on the other hand... ;)

Yes! Canada is much better.

Last edited:
I've been in the US once, like 8 years ago. I went to Santa Fe on a student exchange and on the way back we stopped in New York too and walked down from 106th Street to the harbor. I couldn't even feel my feet after that.

I went to New York last year!! It was awesome... I've always wanted to go to America
My mum also said she'd try and save up for a trip to L.A and San Francisco next year ;;;;;;;;;;; I'm so excited...
(A lot of that excitement is thinking about all the shoPS they will have thERE... I can't find one k-pop shop in the whole of England lmao. I wasn't into it as much back when I went to New York and Tokyo last year, so I missed my chance then :/)

Last edited:
I've been twice, the place is cool but I'd never live there, it's just good for a bit of tourism. Healthcare and education cost a lot while in my country they're almost free. Also there are a lot of incidents with weapons in there. A few days ago, a few minutes after I went outside to have dinner, a shooting occured a few blocks from there ._.

Last edited:
i've been to florida 7 times and i'm going again in august. i want to go to other places there one day.

I've lived in the US my whole life so I'm not voting in the poll but I'm a little disheartened by the people who think if they come here they'll get shot. If that fear is the only deterrent to coming here I hope to dissuade that fear.

I've lived here 26 years, in the heart of Chicago, in suburbs, in the country, and in the "bad" side of Denver. The only times I've ever seen guns are on security guards and cops. The media plays up gun violence a lot but it's really not that scary. Just don't go into sketchy neighborhoods or alleys late at night or approach a group of strangers late at night. And if you're in a city you can look up gang territories and stay away from the places those gangs meet.

If you're going to museums and attractions that are daytime venues and you won't have any problems.

I have never been there and honestly I don't think I'll ever go there for myself. Maybe I end up in a relationship with someone who really wants to go there and I'll go with, who knows.

So basically I have no interest in going there, but I'm also not 100% against it. I just don't really care about the us and see no point in going.

I have definitely been to the US.

As a matter of fact, I've never left the US! Hahaha!

But seriously, this place is pretty cool (save for all the stupid people that run the country).

I never left the United States either, throughout my entire 24-year old life. And I don't plan on leaving the US anytime.

What, and get shot? I have no reason to go there, especially with Trump in charge.

I have never been to the United States and I don't ever want to unless I have to.

Guns being legal are part of the reason why.

Don't worry. Just because guns are legal doesn't mean Americans have the right to shoot. They've been legal everywhere since 1776. I know they've been demonized because of public shootings, but even without guns, wherever public shootings occurred wouldn't be any safer. In fact, they would've been done through bombings if guns weren't legal. I'm more terrified of bombs than guns. Not only they kill even more a lot quicker, but they do serious damage. The Orlando Shooting may have been the worst public shooting, but the McMurrah building bomb in 1995 killed 3 times as many. It's mentally ill people and hate-filled people that you should fear.

I know Texas does value guns, has a high importance in religion, and is patriotic to its own state, but they are more friendly towards tourists than most of America is. And if you're afraid of getting shot, I recommend staying away from Chicago, at least some parts of it. The reason why it seems less safe is because we report everything, and it takes a few neighborhoods to skewer the entire city's ratings, and a few cities to skewer the entire state's ratings.

And yes, I understand that you wouldn't visit a country as long as Darth Trump is our leader, but I wouldn't boycott another place because of their politics, unless if it's something very ridiculous.

i've never been to america but i intend to go to LA this summer or next year to visit someone.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems like a nice place to visit, I'd definitely love to visit someday. I think I'm more into EU though, considering that's where I was actually born in the first place.

I know Texas does value guns, has a high importance in religion, and is patriotic to its own state, but they are more friendly towards tourists than most of America is.

I could never survive in such a hot climate. I don't understand how you pull it off. 80 degrees Fahrenheit is when I start to get uncomfortable. 90, and I'd probably collapse.

There are loads of amazing landmarks to see in America and I'd love to visit Disneyland/world (I know they have Disneyland in Paris which is closer to where I live but I don't know if they speak English there). My biggest reason for not going to the USA would probably be all the guns. It's just unsettling knowing that anyone at any point could be carrying a gun. That being said, I've never actually heard of tourism in the USA to be more dangerous than any other place.

Sadly, I'm not much of a traveller which is a shame cause there's just so much to see of the world.

I could never survive in such a hot climate. I don't understand how you pull it off. 80 degrees Fahrenheit is when I start to get uncomfortable. 90, and I'd probably collapse.

There are loads of amazing landmarks to see in America and I'd love to visit Disneyland/world (I know they have Disneyland in Paris which is closer to where I live but I don't know if they speak English there). My biggest reason for not going to the USA would probably be all the guns. It's just unsettling knowing that anyone at any point could be carrying a gun. That being said, I've never actually heard of tourism in the USA to be more dangerous than any other place.

Sadly, I'm not much of a traveller which is a shame cause there's just so much to see of the world.

I prefer cold days more, but I can survive 80? weather and 90? weather. 100?, that's when I'm gonna stay inside.

I've lived in the US my whole life so I'm not voting in the poll but I'm a little disheartened by the people who think if they come here they'll get shot. If that fear is the only deterrent to coming here I hope to dissuade that fear.

I've lived here 26 years, in the heart of Chicago, in suburbs, in the country, and in the "bad" side of Denver. The only times I've ever seen guns are on security guards and cops. The media plays up gun violence a lot but it's really not that scary. Just don't go into sketchy neighborhoods or alleys late at night or approach a group of strangers late at night. And if you're in a city you can look up gang territories and stay away from the places those gangs meet.

If you're going to museums and attractions that are daytime venues and you won't have any problems.

I second this! USA is not nearly as dangerous as most countries?? We have great LE. People who carry guns most likely either 1. have a license/registered gun and do so FOR PROTECTION or 2. Are a LE officer. If anyone carrying an illegal gun wants to shoot you, then good thing other citizens can carry b/c they'll most likely be shot before they can get to you. (which is highly unlikely to begin with, look at statistics). Gun violence in the US is overwhelmingly due to gang violence, not randos shooting at tourists. I study the law people! Trust me it's not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be, it's a great place to visit :) If you're scared stick to small towns!

Last edited:
We have great LE. People who carry guns most likely either 1. have a license/registered gun and do so FOR PROTECTION or 2. Are a LE officer. If anyone carrying an illegal gun wants to shoot you, then good thing other citizens can carry b/c they'll most likely be shot before they can get to you. (which is highly unlikely to begin with, look at statistics). Gun violence in the US is overwhelmingly due to gang violence, not randos shooting at tourists.
What I'll never understand is why if it's just for protection they use an item developed with the purpose of killing, you know, someone could develop a less dangerous artifact but equally effective for immobilizing or something your target without killing them. If it's already developed, why people don't buy it instead of buying something so dangerous? There are a lot of cases of deaths due to accidental shootings.

Last edited:
What I'll never understand is why if it's just for protection they use an item developed with the purpose of killing, you know, someone could develop a less dangerous artifact but equally effective for immobilizing or something your target without killing them. If it's already developed, why people don't buy it instead of buying something so dangerous? There are a lot of cases of deaths due to accidental shootings.

In quite a few states it's illegal to own a stun gun. Secondly, convincing criminals to get stun guns instead of guns will be a very difficult task indeed, not to mention trying to convince law abiding citizens that they should stun someone who threatened to take their life over returning the favor instead.

Back