To those who don't live in America...

Have you visited the United States before?

• Total voters
Uh, yes it is???? You asked if we had visited America and if we ever wanted to and I said my bit; I don't want to go to a country where there isn't gun control. Don't make these threads if you don't want to be scorched.

- - - Post Merge - - -

remember when trump SHOVED an EU leader. i physically recoiled all of my limbs into my body seeing how rudely he acted at that conference.

Wait...did he seriously do that?

Ah sorry sorry, don't want to turn this into a Trump thread, I'll leave.

Last edited:
Wait...did he seriously do that?

I would never do that to a public official. In fact, I try to avoid doing that.

Yep, I'm very disappointed in that man. I should've listened to my pet apples.

Are "apples" code for your subconscious?

I have a whole bowl of apples in my bedroom. They hate Trump because he's mean, rude, and offensive. But they are inanimate objects that I personify.

But let's get back on topic. I was asking for others on what they think of America when they visited.

How disrespectful.

The US chose this rotten orange for President? Yeah...definitely not going there.

He looked so happy and then Trump FULL-ON SHOVED HIM !! THEN BLANKED HIM !!
I'd be upset if Trump pushed me too.
onesheet.jpg

Last edited:
idk i kinda feel like the whole culture and mindset with "usa is the best country ever, we are the most free, our country is more diverse than any other, and we have wildly different cultures between states (even more difference than european countries lol youre all the same).

since you are using the same exact words i used for my post in reply to Capeet, i assume you are referring to that post. (along with inserting some of your own words, i see.) i never said in that post that americans have more culture than europeans.

"even the lifestyles can completley differ in the same state. californians living near the beach have completley different lifestyles and lingo than those living in the valley.)"

visibleghost, perhaps you perceived it as me saying that "because america has diversity, means that other countries don't." which is not correct. the context of that post was to say that people from the south and different from people from the north. like example, people from south carolina hunt alligators, thats not really a thing in california. and since you don't live here, and only visited one area, then how would you know how every state is like, therefore judging that everyone is the same? it sounds alot more like generalized hate rather than judgement based off of experience.

now that that calrification is out the way, this is for everyone else. i see that there is alot of annmosity against everyone of america because of who people had voted for as president, and rightly/understandably so. to call him a orange would be an insult to oranges. (id like to vaguely comment that our election system is rather corrupt with alot of media influence and breaking news that sway voters along with even american citizens targeting and preventing others from voting) ex. millions of bernie sanders votes were tossed in an ocean, only to be found in a beached whale's stomach. (google it for more details.) although typically people only care about the results, they always overlook how much and how many americans, especially democratic people of color/minorities had to fight to prevent such a man to become president, and to prosecute those americans and regard them as the same as white supremist trump voters is pretty unfair. the ones that you hear that toot their own horn about their own country being so great is the ones who benefit off of the racial/economical system that puts them at privilige.

not one person on this thread acknowledged what american people of color/minorites have tried to do and how hard they fought to try to prevent such corruption to come to our white house. (and yes i say poc/minorities because look at that official statistics of who voted for trump and who didnt) although they are minorities/poc and dont benefit from the system, they are still american. therefore they still fall under the category of "americans" that you all use to describe people who who love trump, love guns, more negative things about america that poc fight against for. (unfortunately) and they are thinking what you all are thinking. they know what is going to happen when that man reaches office and how its gonna take us backwards. and they are all disgusted, even more so than all of you combined, of the fact that it has come to this, because they are the ones who are gonna catch the most hell first. and id like to remind you all that despite the results, he did not win by a landslide. it was a close election. he won by elecotoral vote, not by the population of votes.

now to stay on topic, redwoods national park is a bomb place to visit. id give that place 5/5 because its super cool trees that are over 300 ft talls, and its away from the city so the clarity of stars at night are lit.

^ it wasnt about your post but it reminded me of other stuff ive heard ppl say that were almost exactly word by word what i qrote lol

i'm not saying that the culture is the wxact same everwhere you go in the usa but when people compare it to europe and say that the cultyres are more different and that usa is more diverse than the entire europe like...,,,,.. Okay but your culture (american culture) hasnt existed even half as long as european cultures have...
tbh im mostly annoyed by the extremely sly and degrading attitude that many people who say that america is the most diverse place in the entire world and that the culture in different states are extremely different and unique like...,, dude. so it wasnt rly about u but mire about ppl who have said similar things if that makes sense lellll

there are 320 million people in the us, obviously generalizations dont fully represent the actual population. what people outside of the us see is stuff like presidents, politics, news, movies, pop songs, tv shows and stuff like that. like, pop culture. those things are rarely good at representing minorities bc theyre minorities and have little influence because of discrimination.
i personally think that people are victims of american systems, history and culture. that sounds overdramatic lmao but i dont rly know how to put it so hhhhgh
the political situation in the us is messed up. i think you have a Ton of issues and that they need to make big changes to fix stuff. as it is right now is rly unfair and weird, like, trump didnt even get half of the votes (and many people didnt vote) and he still won and got as much power as he would have gotten if he got all votes. like, that's a problem.
idk how the us could fix its situation(s) but it's kinda clear that something has to be done bc that country is a trainwreck

Have you ever been to the United States before?

If so, how many times have you went there? How was your experience on the first time and/or last time you went there? What cities, states, or parks have you visited? What did you think of America?

If not, do you wish on visiting someday? Why or why not?

Let's keep this discussion civil.

Sadly no, I have never traveled outside of Europe. The only other country I've been to besides the UK is Germany, only at a very young age though so I didn't get quite the full experience. There are a couple of reasons why I haven't visited countries outside of Europe, one of them is that I can't financially afford it at this moment in time. The other reason is the time differences, I'd likely get confused as to what even day it is let alone the time. However, this isn't putting me off from wanting to go. There are many other places that I would like to visit but just haven't been to yet.

I've been to America twice, I'd love to go back again some day.

America is very different to what I'm used to, everything feels much bigger. I do find some of the culture very bizarre, lots of things they do I disagree with and maybe even find them a big arrogant e.g. "Greatest country in the world" "Best country ever" "USA! USA! USA!" and not forgetting the whole idea of pledging allegiance to a piece of cloth every morning. But saying that, nationalism is found everywhere and my own country is not innocent of having these attitudes in their own way. Plus there also lots of things my own country does that I disagree with very much.

with how bigoted america has been revealed to be with donald trump now in power, i no longer plan to study there

I've never been to the United States, but I'd absolutely love to go one day. The one thing that keeps me from going is its hot temperatures. I come from a country where even 81 degrees fahrenheir (27 degrees celsius) is considered a hot temperature.

Last edited:
Yep, I've been in America 2-3 times throughout my life. First time was driving from BC to San Francisco which was fun. Second time was BC to Seattle which was also a good time. Those were both many years ago. Most recently, last year I drove from New Brunswick to Florida (so Maine and down) which took 3 days. It was fun but one of the weirdest things when driving was the fact that you guys have ads for hospitals, doctors, etc everywhere. It's crazy. What a terrible thing to have ads for.

No i havnt been to America and i'm undecided on if i'd ever want to go there. If it were to see one of my fave bands live then maybe.

I go to America often, I live very close to New England, it's nice, I prefer my own country, Canada, though, I think New England is very beautiful, and I don't have to travel the country to know it's the nicest place in America, because it's just like Canada, and the people are nice, but everything is cheaper.

Last edited:
Yeah I've been there quite a bit. I probably wouldn't go again though, it always just feels like dirtier, fatter, less friendly Canada.

Back