• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

To those who don't live in America...

Have you visited the United States before?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Have you ever been to the United States before?

If so, how many times have you went there? How was your experience on the first time and/or last time you went there? What cities, states, or parks have you visited? What did you think of America?

If not, do you wish on visiting someday? Why or why not?

Let's keep this discussion civil.

No, might visit in a decade or so.

Nope, and I don't plan on visiting anywhere besides like NYC and Anaheim (Wanna see my Ducks live).

Why? Honestly I can't answer that question.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been there multiple times to visit family. But I haven't visited in maybe 12 years... :( I do intend on going back one day because I want to go to Disney World/Land, Universal Studios, etc. I don't have my passport right now though so I have to still get that lol. I've been procrastinating..

Nope, and I don't plan on visiting anywhere besides like NYC and Anaheim (Wanna see my Ducks live).

Why? Honestly I can't answer that question.

Anaheim is the city of Disneyland. Not once have I went to Anaheim without going to the Disney resort. I know Florida had a larger Disney resort, but Disneyland is an older Disney park.

Just adding some information on Anaheim.

Last edited:
I don't think I can call it "visit" because I stayed mostly in campings not far from the border. I went to some beaches in Maine and shopped in Boston. I went to one museum. It was fun but I was a kid/teen then. If I go again it will be to visit some parks maybe.

I have definitely been to the US.

As a matter of fact, I've never left the US! Hahaha!

But seriously, this place is pretty cool (save for all the stupid people that run the country).

If you haven't been to the greatest country in the world then ur missing out

I live across the river from New York City, so I see a lot of tourists all the time. They're pretty nice and it's cute to see how excited they are to visit the country

I was going to Miami since my friend has family there but you know, she got mad w me the same day she was going to tell me I could go

bye wendys

No but I am going at the end of the year.

Please don't shoot me -this isn't meant offensive- but I don't really get how everyone thinks it's the greatest country in the world. Maybe I'm biased because I really hate very nationalistic attitudes, but from what I've seen I can think of better places. I would call no country "the best", because quite frankly there will never be a perfect country.

Edit: I just realised my mistake when's i said "please don't shoot me", I didn't even think about how people could take it, you know with gun laws blah blah that's not what I meant lmao

Last edited:
Yes, I live in Australia and I've been to Florida, California and Washington DC. I'd love to go back to Cali someday :)

Last edited:
i was in new york in october 2014. it was ok but i dont rly like traveling so i didnt Love being there. it was weird how many flags there were everywhere and how patriotic people were, like, everything was so "i love the usa we r The Best"????... also the stuff that was on tv was ??? like there were ads for prescribed medicine and so many politicians had ads where they were just trash talking other politicians. pretty Wild. also many the "news" shows sounded more like propaganda than objective news

i dont rly feel like going back bc it was really exhausting to travel that far and i got super jet lagged. i feel like there are places much closer to sweden that would be just as interesting to go to so yeee

No but I am going at the end of the year.

Please don't shoot me -this isn't meant offensive- but I don't really get how everyone thinks it's the greatest country in the world. Maybe I'm biased because I really hate very nationalistic attitudes, but from what I've seen I can think of better places. I would call no country "the best", because quite frankly there will never be a perfect country.

Edit: I just realised my mistake when's i said "please don't shoot me", I didn't even think about how people could take it, you know with gun laws blah blah that's not what I meant lmao

they kinda feed that like a mantra to us starting with the everyday morning pledge the moment children start school its not something explained to us you just get up and do it or get in trouble if you dont. (despite telling us that its a right to choose to not pledge the flag) also, they erase, (or sugarcoat if lucky) wrongdoings european immigrants who came to become americans and start the country, does in our history books. (ex. a textbook describing africans who were kidnapped in atlantic slave trade are "workers who came over from africa to work") and another example being in one of our holidays "thanksgiving" where in our childrens books the (the pilgrims came in peace to co-exist with the kind native americans who welcomed them to the land that they now live happily ever after in unison) not the genocide and stealing the land, bringing disease and building traintracks and killing buffalo and other animals to starve/drive out the native americans, and even build an oil pipelines over their sacred graveyard in land that is theirs.

typically, its the people who benefit at the expense of others who would say its the best country in the world. or immigrants who romanticize or idealize what this country is supposed to stand for. and i think the same thing goes the for other nationalistic countries such as japan who refuses to recognize or even officially apologize for what they have done to chinese and koreans. or even european countries who colonized african countries and split up/ assigned classes and power people based off how light their skin was or how sharp their noses were, and encouraged tribal war between the african people.

but to keep on topic: one thing i think the thing that is worth for forigners to definitely visit united states, is for is its national parks and monuments. places such as grand canyon, yellowstone, redwoods, big sur, white sands, carlsbad caverns. US is really beautiful geographically, and has lots of nice natural attractions that you cant find anywhere else other than theme parks that can be built anywhere.

so i understand you all don't like us, haha. (and its just, considering all the moral and social issues our society has that has been proven in our recent politics. even americans dont like americans.) but aside from the government and the people, i think the land and the nature is gorgerous and worthwhile to see. and something that may not last due to our recent politics disregard for the importance of our nature and wildlife.

Last edited:
I've never been there and it's not the first place I'd go to but if a good opportunity ever arises, why not? I guess I just don't find it as exotic as many other countries because of how much I hear about it all the time. If I'd travel that far, I'd rather go to a place that's whole new to me and more different to the place I live in.

I'm sure USA has tons of interesting attractions, though... I'd be cool to take a road trip around the whole country and see all the different parts of it. I'd love to visit some national parks and drive through the desert, and I guess a couple big cities would be worth a visit too just so I could marvel at how huge everything is. It'd also be interesting to see what it's really like to live over there. I'm sure I'd be very surprised by lots of things.

Last edited:
Nope, haven't been and probably not as long as people actually vote for such ducks to have the office.

Maybe California could be cool to visit someday, though.

I've never been there and it's not the first place I'd go to but if a good opportunity ever arises, why not? I guess I just don't find it as exotic as many other countries because of how much I hear about it all the time. If I'm travelling that far, I'd rather go to a place that's whole new to me and more different to the place I live in.

I'm sure USA has tons of interesting attractions, though... I'd be cool to take a road trip around the whole country and see all the different parts of it. I'd love to visit some national parks and drive through the desert, and I guess a couple big cities would be worth a visit too just so I could marvel at how huge everything is. It'd also be interesting to see what it's really like to live over there. I'm sure I'd be very surprised by lots of things.

we have alot of cultures and lifestyles within one country, even the lifestyles can completley differ in the same state. californians living near the beach have completley different lifestyles and lingo than those living in the valley.) if you want to take a road trip, this country is GINORMOUS. be prepared for hours and hours on a highway with nothing but farmland/rocks/plains in between destinations. (ex. in europe, you drive 3 hours and you arrive to another country. in america, you drive 3 hours just to get out of a city.) (and if you are in the middle of los angeles in traffic rush hour... just camp in your car forever.) anyways haha, it surprisingly outside the city in long drives can be very tranquil because its like looking out into this mass, spacial void for hours, just going in one direction. (although also very dangerous) the cool thing about driving throughout the country is that you can also find amazing hidden gems that the average tourist/forigner does not know about, on your way to a destination.

Back