• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros Fate of Ness.

Flare

Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7087-8935-1983
Does anyone here think Ness will ever go higher again?

I remember people considered him Top 8, possibly even Top 5.
Unfortunately he's fallen down pretty hard, No. 24... which is considered Mid Tier.

Sigh, it seems kinda sad for me as I like using Ness alot in Smash.

If his recovery was better, do you think he'd be good? His recovery seems rather gimpable, even with the buff it had gotten to the point where PK Thunder 2 is at it's best, it's still terrible. Characters like Rosalina and Luma and Villager make his life harder too.

His speed... is mediocre too, characters like Sonic and Sheik can give him a heavy problem.

There isn't anyone besides FOW who has achieved good results recently, so that's a negative too.

So... does anyone think Ness's Viability will be as high as before? I think it's unlikely now tbh.

Last edited:
I think you Ness mains just need to stop relying on PK Fire so much for combat. I'm a Bayonetta main, and it's so easy to destroy Ness mains if they use PK Fire because if you wait for the Ness main to grab you while you're "trapped" by PK Fire, you can activate Witch Time and profit.

I don't have any advice to give aside from that.

Back