has anime made you appreciate japanese culture?(*’∀’人)♥

• hai! ^^

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • iie ._.

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you think im joking but im not its stupid and too forced and i actually cringed at it.

no i know you genuinely think my threads are bad obvious bait you've said it before unjokingly :/ its hurting to be honest i put a lot of thought into these threads

No, but I do appreciate Anime's darker/more mature atmosphere.

Japanese culture has always interested me in many ways, anime doesn't add or take away from my appreciation and interest in Japan or it's culture.

Last edited:
wouldn't say i was influenced by anime really since i only liked the cute characters from anime never watched anime till fairly recently. and it was all secret so it didn't effect me too much. but they were anime still so yes. made me take a japanese class too so thats something

Not really. I've watched a fair number of anime and continue to, but I am still much more into Western culture. Like Japan isn't even on the list of places I even would ever want to visit if given a choice.

To me, that's like asking whether cartoons have made me appreciate Britain. Doesn't make much sense when you turn it around, does it?

This thread reminds me of grade school

don't you literally make babyfur art and watch cartoons for toddlers rofl

god i love the japanese countryside

- - - Post Merge - - -

To me, that's like asking whether cartoons have made me appreciate Britain. Doesn't make much sense when you turn it around, does it?

ok but as a japense person watching an american cartoon, it would make you think about the culture. so yes it would

See, I don't think it should, though. There's a lot more to Japan than cartoons.

if an anime show shows you a glimpse into a culture and it looks interesting, why wouldn't you want to explore it more? and then appreciate it for more than their cartoons?

I actually don't like anime at all, but I like Japanese culture, games, and even some manga. So no, it really hasn't.

Well, your question was "has anime made you appreciate Japanese culture", so to answer it, not really. Anime on its own wouldn't be nearly enough to make me fall in love with Japanese culture. Collectively, perhaps, but not as specific as that.

I wouldn't be in love with Japan, I'd be in love with Japanese animators and writers.

if an anime show shows you a glimpse into a culture and it looks interesting, why wouldn't you want to explore it more? and then appreciate it for more than their cartoons?

It's like getting interested into a culture after watching a movie or reading a book, or whatever, the interest started somewhere.
I'm sure for some it started after seeing those strange triangle sandwiches in Pokemon :p

Well, your question was "has anime made you appreciate Japanese culture", so to answer it, not really. Anime on its own wouldn't be nearly enough to make me fall in love with Japanese culture. Collectively, perhaps, but not as specific as that.

I wouldn't be in love with Japan, I'd be in love with Japanese animators and writers.

you're thinking about it wrong. the process is
> sees anime, an introduction to culture (the way the characters live, where it's set etc) and finds it inetresting
> explores the culture in depth outside of anime because the anime introduced you to a bit of it
> appreciates it

if you don't know anything about japan, you can't appreciate it. anime is a gateway for a lot of people

Last edited:
more like japanese culture made me appreciate anime. correction: it was a gateway for me to get into anime as a child. (like doraemon, chibi maruko chan, crayon shin chan)
but... i dont really watch anime anymore, its really just a childhood kind of thing for me.

there are people who think japanese culture = anime, ramen, kawaii, pocky, sera fuku, lolita, randoseru
and then there are those who think japanese culture = samurai, ninja, sakura, temples, kimono, geisha/maiko

its always one way or the other so far from everyone i met who says "i love japanese culture"

Last edited:
I'd be very curious as to how many people actually care about Japan outside of the anime sector.

why wouldn't they? you don't seem very well versed when it comes to that niche of people, but they definitely exist. many people have found a new appreciation for japan. many visit the country because of it and learn more about the culture outside of anime. my friend linda and several others i've met online have done just that and now cares more for japan than its anime.

that's not to say there isn't a darker side of japan that shouldn't be appreciated of course, but the positive parts of the culture are definitely more appreciated by westerners thanks to anime

- - - Post Merge - - -

i can't apply that to everybody who watches anime, but a wide range of people have and continue to

Last edited:
I'd be very curious as to how many people actually care about Japan outside of the anime sector.

well i can confirm that every non-japanese american around my age that ive ever met who is interested in japanese culture got started with anime/relates japanese culture with anime. the only people who i know who is interested in japanese culture outside of anime sector would be sansei/yonsei japanese americans who want to reconnect with their distant relatives and/or want to move back to japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back