• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

has anime made you appreciate japanese culture?(*’∀’人)♥

• hai! ^^

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • iie ._.

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esphas

the darling of belltree
Bells

domo arigato minasan!!!!!! .+:。(ノ・ω・)ノ゙ as the title says wwwww ^^ love teh bento and sushiz o3o

Anime got me to look more into Japanese culture. Anime and real Japanese culture are different in many ways so I try to take what I see in anime with a grate of salt.

Nice bait post lol.

And no I don't watch a lot of anime, prefer manga and games if at all and not that much into Japan nowadays, let alone history and some older music.

Anime got me to look more into Japanese culture. Anime and real Japanese culture are different in many ways so I try to take what I see in anime with a grate of salt.

yess i hear that too OTL

Nice bait post lol.

And no I don't watch a lot of anime, prefer manga and games if at all and not that much into Japan nowadays, let alone history and some older music.

bait or is this just hate? x think before you speak lol...

Nah, it just turned me into a weeaboo for a while. d:

Nowadays, I still think Japanese culture is pretty neat and like watching anime sometimes, but I definitely outgrew my younger "kawaii! anime is best art form and I want to live in Japan and become a mangaka!" phase. :'>

Nowadays, I still think Japanese culture is pretty neat and like watching anime sometimes, but I definitely outgrew my younger "kawaii! anime is best art form and I want to live in Japan and become a mangaka!" phase. :'>

yea didn't we all have weeb phases *cringes at real younger self in like 8-9th grade*

Honestly agree with you here.
I was your typical weeaboo who thought Japan was superior, and thought that anime was accurate portrayal of Japanese culture. Also, broken bad Japanese in every sentence... Within 10 years after the high of my weeaboo phase, I learned better. I still do want to visit Japan and I am interested in their culture, but I'm definitely not all "I want to live there because JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTA BECOME A MANGAKA!!! GOT TO BECOME JAPANESE!!!! "

Last edited:
I've never managed to get into anime. I saw a little bit of Sailor Moon when I was little and I don't mind some of the Studio Ghibli stuff but other than that, it hasn't made any kind of impact on me.

I find japanese culture more interresting than anime tbh.

no

- - - Post Merge - - -

i once wore a soul eater schoolbag to school so i have a hatred towards a***e because of the phase it had given me

Last edited:
I enjoy watching anime but that's it, I'll visit Japan someday though.

YES NYAAAAA I LOVE JAPANESE CULTURE ONII-CHAN .+:。(ノ・ω・)ノ゙

Being serious no , i dont even like anime. I appreciated japanese culture because Nintendo games , Animal Crossing to be exact.

oh my god I know this is bait but this thread still made my limbs retract into my body.

honestly if I ever go to Japan and it's not EXACTLY like Akira I'm calling the police

No. I was interested in Japanese culture because one of my parents were born there. My grandpa had a lot of language books around his house, pictures and slides of the country.

I do like anime but that wasn't where I learned to appreciate the culture.

No I was interested in Japanese culture long before that, I used to hate anime in fact, it didn't interest me at all, I also had no interest in manga or videogame. To be honest I really hated videogames and ACNL was boring as heaven (because hell sounds fun). Not sure what happened since.

Nope. I would've been interested into East Asian culture whether or not I watch anime. But I don't really enjoy anime.

Yeah, I was introduced to Japanese culture by anime and manga, and I guess I learnt to appreciate it through that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back