• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you prefer NL's art style or the art style of the older titles?

Catsinabucket

Bells
As the title says, I'm curious as to what people prefer :) For me, I prefer the longer bodies of the New Leaf characters, but the more cartoony and solid grass/dirt textures of the older games as they were brighter in my opinion. I also quite miss the designs of the Wild World villager homes, since they were a bit bigger and less...well, hut-like

I prefer NL's art style as it's easier to distinguish smaller pieces of furniture from other smaller pieces but I do prefer the art style of the villagers in older games. I liked that the villagers were for the most part all the same size, and I thought that made them look so much cuter. (also it looked more like the art style that they're going for cartoonish.) I liked the texture of the old villagers too. It just looked really smooth. It always looks intimidating as anything when you see a bear villager in a conversation with a squirrel villager in ACNL.

Last edited:
My only problem with NL's art style is that the characters are so round. I'm not saying they have to look as angular as they did in gamecube (that's my favorite art tho tbh), but I don't think they should all be so round.

Back