What do you do when a villager moves in a bad spot?

Koopa K

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Father's Day Carnation
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Easter Egg
Diana moved right in front of my town hall, so annoying! I planted some trees to try to hide it. What have you done when your dreamie/a random moves in a bad spot?

When I know a villager is about to move in, I use the new character trick to scout out the new guys house location and try to lock it down in an acceptable place. Sometimes they sneak past me though. When that happens, I try to be philosophical about it and use it as an opportunity to redesign my town, which keeps things fresh. But seriously, I really hate it when that happens.

In my more recent town, ive been using the new plot resetting trick to get my villagers to move exactly where i want them to. Although it does take A LOT of time to set up, it should be worth the time if you know specifically where you want everyone.

I usually have to redesign that part of town, but the initial anger fades pretty quickly. I think it can be a positive thing ^^

For me it depends on how bad the spot is..

Graham moved near my house, blocking the view, and I want him out, but I interact with him normally.
His house location bothers me but i can go with it for a while.
When he decides to go he will and that's fine by me. Until then I'm enjoying his company.
I mean he has to move out eventually, right?!

But then Hazel put her house right in front of the station. I was not happy. AT ALL.
Her house was the first thing visitors would see and it looked so bad. I hated the location so much.
Wasn't something I could just disregard. So I ignored her completly and she moved soon enough.

After they move in I do nothing. I'm rather flaz?dah about it. I wouldn't kick out a villager because of their plot position.

Once they move out, I usually place a PWP to prevent it happening again. For example, I put my fountain in front of the town hall after Mallary moved out and I put my floral clock in front of the Roost.

I send them funny angry letters.

Here's a beautiful example towards Walker:
lW14cK7.png

This is a tame version.

I started playing when the game was first released, and didn't know about plot resetting, or how to keep villagers from moving, so I just dealt with the bad spots, and redecorated the area they had ruined.

I don't have that problem anymore, but If someone plotted right in front of my town hall, I would move out that villager.

Ugh, I remember when I longed for a bridge, and it was really convenient to walk over the bridge once it was built.
Now, a villager moved in and is right in front of the bridge. It's not blocking me from crossing over, but if I could fine him I would.

Most of my villagers I plot reset for, but my most recent ones are amiibo card villagers so I just have grass qr codes all over my town except the plot someone just moved out of and the newbie move in wherever someone else used to be because there's no other space.

Most of my villagers I plot reset for, but my most recent ones are amiibo card villagers so I just have grass qr codes all over my town except the plot someone just moved out of and the newbie move in wherever someone else used to be because there's no other space.

Would you please send me a link to your grass QR codes? The ones I have seen so far look awful! I have square grass...Thanks!

If it's a villager I really wanted to have in town i'd try to make it work by surrounding them with trees and bushes to make it look more natural looking and intended, but if that doesn't work i'll just kick them out. But that's mostly the reason I never let the game do random move ins and I get my villagers from here instead. Most of the time I remember to plot reset. However, there was one occasion where I forgot to plot reset Katt and I thought her plot was awful but after having her in that plot for a while, I decided that it was actually perfect for her.

I have nearly all the amiibo. If one of my new move ins go somewhere I don't want because I missed a spot laying paths I will kick them out with another amiibo and fix my mistake by plot resetting the old way.

Before I had all my cards though, if someone I really wanted moved into a bad spot I would either consider it a loss and pick a new villager to replace them orrrrr delete my town and try again. D:

Meh, depends. If they moved into a bad spot and I'm not fond of the villager I got, it's time to get the boot. With the new amiibo update, it's harder for that to happen now, especially if you plot reset like I do. With all of my villagers, I plot resetted them and got them exactly where I wanted them. ( Except Vivian. She destroyed my blue x purple pansies garden. Smh )

Last edited:
This is too late to help you, but I learned that I could stick PWPs around my town hall to prevent characters from moving there. Since the update I guess you could also just lay patterns down in those locations that you want to be house-free.

It depends on how bad. If it's bad but manageable than I deal with it and work around it. But if it's totally awful than I kick them out and just move them back in with amiibo cards.

Back