• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Whats your favourite AC game?

Favourite AC Game?

• Total voters
Definitely Animal Crossing: New Leaf!
Once I played that game for long enough, I couldn't easily come back to the older Animal Crossing titles anymore. More items, more stuff to do, a good amount of quality of life improvements are what made the 3DS entry the definitive version of Animal Crossing as of now.

Last edited:
I started playing Animal Crossing with Wild World, and at the time I thought the game was perfect and that they couldn't improve it. I was worried that a sequel would just water down all the things that made Animal Crossing great, and add a bunch of boring features just to justify selling a new game. I wasn't thrilled with City Folk. I like it when Animal Crossing is portable and City Folk wasn't, and I hate grass wear. I really, really hated grass wear in City Folk. I'm very happy with New Leaf though. Everything I liked about Wild World was preserved in New Leaf, and all the new features were great. Except grass wear. It's better, but I still hate it. They really need to can that idea, or at least give us the option to turn it off (Town Ordinance maybe?) Everything else in New Leaf is amazing, though.

Last edited:
New Leaf has great features, but the game has lost a lot.
The villagers are demanding and boring. Repeating the same limited phrases, with no personality.

Rumors are scary.

OMG.

Hearing that from my old mate Wolfgang makes me want to hurl.

I've heard that when a villager talks about rumors, it means that no one in town is currently planning on moving away. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Not true.

Wolfgang said it this morning, then Eunice pinged to move.

For me I think animal crossing new leaf is the best with all the features it has

Definitely New Leaf! Although, I spent a lot of my time on Wild World when I was younger. The game was so good in my eyes, back then, but I go on it now and just can't even bare to face it. I don't want to ruin the good childhood memories by seeing the negatives, so I'll just leave it.

I too have played all of the titles, excluding the Japan-only releases. I have masses of fond memories with WW/LGTTC, especially since WW was my first AC title and my first real experience with online play (maaaany hours were played online...). I still do love both titles and find them extremely charming despite their limitations, but I have to say NL is my favourite. Even if the NPCs have been watered down, the huge amount of customisation makes it up for me.

I really like Animal Crossing/Dōbutsu no Mori for the GameCube. My favorite is ACNL.

Population Growing. I like new leaf but villagers actually are different from each other. Fishing was better. The game​ was harder. It wasn't I'm the mayor so pressure to make your town the best. It has this charm new leaf doesn't have. It was more relaxing to be a villager to me

I liked animal crossing on the gamecube a lot, but New Leaf is my absolute favorite.

I've played Wild World, City Folk and New Leaf. I voted for New Leaf because it's just awesome- there's way more stuff to do and the game is just bigger.
I really loved City Folk as well, but mainstreet is quite close to the City IMO so I'm not missing anything. The only thing I really liked about City Folk and miss is the Marquee where your villager could learn facial expressions, lol.

Favourite AC game is probably wild world. The graphics are horrible but it's the game I spent the most time on throughout my whole childhood. It's probably got something to do with the nostalgia that comes with it too. It's also got my favourite villager dialogue in it throughout the whole series. I love how the majority of the NPCS were given some kind of backstory, it was always neat finding out little secrets about the game to do with NPCS.

A close second is the one for gamecube. I hardly play it since i'm more of a portable gamer but the events that i've participated in are enjoyable and i've loved playing them whenever I got the chance. I also like that no region specific holidays are removed in the localized version. They were removed in new leaf and imo I think it's a little ridiculous. It's always neat to learn about different cultures and holidays, so I don't see why it had to go.

Although I love New Leaf, I have a strong connection with City Folk. I've always loved City Folk, in fact I still play it to this day. Sure, I've played the other games, but City Folk really got me back when it came out lol. As soon as I got my Wii, City Folk was the first game I got with my Wii, so I played it a lot, it became an addiction lol.(as well as the other games) I played all day and everyday. Some people don't like City Folk, but in my opinion, I loved it. Animal Crossing in general has amazing games, but I've been playing City Folk for YEARS so I have to say that's my favorite, but New Leaf is a close second :)

I've played Wild World, City Folk and New Leaf. I voted for New Leaf because it's just awesome- there's way more stuff to do and the game is just bigger.
I really loved City Folk as well, but mainstreet is quite close to the City IMO so I'm not missing anything. The only thing I really liked about City Folk and miss is the Marquee where your villager could learn facial expressions, lol.

city folk was my childhood, lol i remember watching videos on youtube about the rumoured "secret room" in the marquee, and i would try to get to it XD but after playing new leaf its hard to enjoy city folk as much as i used to, without ruining the memories.

New Leaf is such an improvement compared to the other Animal Crossing games, so I picked that. But I have a serious attachment to the first Animal Crossing on GameCube. It was one of the first games I ever played for an extended amount of time. I have so many good memories with it. :')

Back