Would you date someone you met over ACNL?

I am! I met my hub on these forums / animal crossing, we're engaged and very much in love!!
_heart__revamp_by_jeriko_x.gif

It'll never work out :/// You'll never meet

Typically those types of relationships end quickly.

- You talk over the Internet, you like each other.

- You "fall in love".

- You arrange transport to meet each other (ferry, plane, train), I highlighted 'plane' because I think it's crazy to pay a large amount of money to meet someone you don't really know.

- You arrive to meet them.

- You meet them, you go out on a date until you have to go.

- During the date, you realize you don't like several things about them and shouldn't have met someone over the internet.

- They could be a criminal or just a creep.

- You regret meeting them.

- You hate each other and you live " happily" ever after.

This could apply to any circumstance but meeting someone over the internet is shadier.

Props to the people who make it work, I hope you all live happily together, I've seen so many relationships work really well because of online dating. c:

Last edited:
Typically those types of relationships end quickly.

- You talk over the Internet, you like each other.

- You "fall in love".

- You arrange transport to meet each other (ferry, plane, train), I highlighted 'plane' because I think it's crazy to pay a large amount of money to meet someone you don't really know.

- You arrive to meet them.

- You meet them, you go out on a date until you have to go.

- During the date, you realize you don't like several things about them and shouldn't have met someone over the internet.

- They could be a criminal or just a creep.

- You regret meeting them.

- You hate each other and you live " happily" ever after.

This could apply to any circumstance but meeting someone over the internet is shadier.

Props to the people who make it work, I hope you all live happily together, I've seen so many relationships work really well because of online dating. c:

At point 3 and 4 if they live on your city there shouldnt be much of a deal
But yeah everything else can be true lol , especially if the other person gets attached to you and you dont want to.

The thread title and the OP are two different questions, so I'll just answer them both! lel

Would I date someone I met through ACNL? I don't see why not.

Would I date someone through ACNL? Probably not. I don't think just playing ACNL together is enough to form a relationship on, personally, I think there has to be more than that.

Oops! Sorry! I'll fix that :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah obviously if people take communication further and serious, but I wouldn't just go date and/or love someone random I see on the island... that would be a bit extreme.

*goes to island* LOVE ME

Lol, well I've had a few female players flirt with me over ACNL and it wasn't exactly the place I expected to even remotely support the idea lmao. It's hard to say though, I could consider online dating if I found someone I got especially close to but it hasn't happened so far and I doubt it's happening anytime soon considering I don't even talk to anyone here anymore. I think I find dating irl a lot more easier anyway.

I'm not sure. I'm hesitant to say yes because I prefer meeting people through face-to-face contact (I'm more of an extrovert) and talking online doesn't feel as special to me, but my cousin met her boyfriend, although not through ACNL, but from a video game nonetheless-she doesn't play Nintendo games as much as she used to anymore I don't think (although she did get a 3DS XL for her fifteenth birthday back in 2015), but, she would often play Minecraft with others online on her Xbox 360, and I have no idea what she does now. I think she does a lot of PC gaming.

tbh the idea of online dating spooks me but so does irl dating so ?\_(ツ)_/?

relatable, dating altogether is spooky

- - - Post Merge - - -

dunno, if someone wanted to date me i wouldn't say no immediately. iim so desperate

but i'd probaly-almost-definitely want to get to know them outside of acnl before saying yes.

relatable, dating altogether is spooky

- - - Post Merge - - -

dunno, if someone wanted to date me i wouldn't say no immediately. iim so desperate

but i'd probaly-almost-definitely want to get to know them outside of acnl before saying yes.

yeah. im exactly the same way

agree with everyone else who said theyd want to get to know them/talk to them outside of acnl
but i wouldnt be opposed to it if that was an option?? go on acnl dates man i did that with an ex lol

and i did meet my current boyfriend through an mmo so
NqghCjY.png

I probably wouldn't but I'm not opposed to the idea. I think I found you meet someone you love, go for it.
It would be cool if you met someone online and hung out on AC though. But yeah, actually dating on it would be really hard.

Maybe? I mean, obviously I'm in a relationship now but if I was single and met someone who was really awesome and had a good personality then I'd move onto maybe e-mailing or something and get together if we lived close enough, just just in game I wouldn't do it, I need more than that.

over acnl? probably not.
it just isn't a game where i'd meet them in the game world and seek outside communication with.
meeting them on a forum or a mmo or something is more likely than in acnl, but that's just my personal opinion.

i've been in lots of LDR's over the internet in my lifetime and some of them have been wonderful, others not so much.

Nope. I have no idea who these people are, or what they're like on a daily basis. I wont know what it is like living with them, until there is a marriage or until it goes to the "next step". I have no idea knowing what someone is like in person until a lot of time is spent with one another. Same goes for IRL relationships with someone local, but it definitely wastes less time if it doesn't work out because they're local and not states away.

I met my boyfriend in 9th grade during in school suspension. I didn't date him or even talk to him after we met because he moved two weeks after. I didn't talk to him until the summer right before my senior year, when he messaged me on facebook, asking if I had ISI lately. He then came to my friends house where there was an adult and security cameras (extra af I know) if he was crazy. We talked about life, ourselves, and everything face to face. Got to hang out, and get to know each other on more personal levels. This is just my opinion though. Some people have success with online dating and if that's what you want go ahead!!! I just prefer meeting you and getting to know you on a personal level before I know that I want to date.

no.. for me I'm not into online dating. it just seems kinda difficult to keep up with each other on a daily basis :/

Back