• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Would you date someone you met over ACNL?

well
if we talk on animal crossing only, no
if we get close enough to have voice calls or video calls, sure, it wouldnt bother me that we met on animal crossing not one bit

Last edited:
i'm not sure, actually. we'd have to get really close and start using things like skype. i don't see anything wrong with online dating and though ACNL is a bit funny to me, it's no different than meeting someone anywhere else.

meeting through games isn't weird in my opinion. i met my ex and his/my friends through games on xbox! obviously it would have to branch out into other forms of communication/getting to know them, but i've been there and it's not a bad thing, as long as you're being safe and cautious about it.
although i met my boyfriend irl, we are both mega nerds doing game design and game art haha

I'm married so I wouldn't but if I weren't married then totally! I think games are a great way to meet people. I wouldn't get serious if we only dated through the game - I'd want to get to know them outside of the game before really committing - but for something casual then yes, I would date through the game alone.

does it rly matter where u met, like, i feel like as long as u get to know each other or w/e it doesnt matter how u met lol.

If we only talked and hung out on AC then...no...that's a bit weird
However, if we talked elsewhere, and had plans to meet IRL, then I don't see an issue

- - - Post Merge - - -

does it rly matter where u met, like, i feel like as long as u get to know each other or w/e it doesnt matter how u met lol.

Oh yeah ^ I agree with this

Yeah obviously if people take communication further and serious, but I wouldn't just go date and/or love someone random I see on the island... that would be a bit extreme.

I am! I met my hub on these forums / animal crossing, we're engaged and very much in love!!
_heart__revamp_by_jeriko_x.gif

Lol I don't think so. Call me crazy but I suspect I'd have less in common with the pool of people who play Animal Crossing than the pool of people who chose the same education/career path as me. Not the least of which being age. I can see it being a cute way for kids to have silly little relationships though. My friend growing up had a boyfriend on Neopets in the 6th grade. Although he was probably a pedophile in retrospect.

Lol I don't think so. Call me crazy but I suspect I'd have less in common with the pool of people who play Animal Crossing than the pool of people who chose the same education/career path as me. Not the least of which being age. I can see it being a cute way for kids to have silly little relationships though. My friend growing up had a boyfriend on Neopets in the 6th grade. Although he was probably a pedophile in retrospect.

Yeah if all they did was playing kids/family games and being too childish about that and not doing else/being too young that would def. be a no-no.

And yeah I don't mind it as a game but dating solely with that thing, nah.

The thread title and the OP are two different questions, so I'll just answer them both! lel

Would I date someone I met through ACNL? I don't see why not.

Would I date someone through ACNL? Probably not. I don't think just playing ACNL together is enough to form a relationship on, personally, I think there has to be more than that.

Maybe as like a pretend...our characters dating each other. But IDK if I were single I might? depends I met my partner online I could have just have easily met him through a game.

LMAO if theyre hot and plan to complete their college education and have a high-paying job and have a good personality sure

- - - Post Merge - - -

but tbh 90% of ppl who play video games r losers and im not into that

LMAO if theyre hot and plan to complete their college education and have a high-paying job and have a good personality sure

- - - Post Merge - - -

but tbh 90% of ppl who play video games r losers and im not into that

I like your way of thought.

I've definitely met some cool people through AC but I don't think I'd date them.

nah gotta see them in real life but like if we met at a cafe or something and we both met eyes while we were playing on our 3dss that would be some next level ****

Back