• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My Secret to Making Jacob's Ladder Spawn More Often Each Day

Lanstar

Bells
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Blue Star Fragment
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Summer Shell
Blue Hybrid Rose
Love Ball
Blue Candy
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Hey Everyone! Maybe many of you may have figured this out... Or maybe not. But In my Miiverse log, I made a guide neat little guide that I think might be helpful for many of you. I'm posting it here with some grammar edits for your convenience:

How to make Jacob's Ladder and Dandelions Spawn more often

This is a guide to my secret of getting those stubborn Jacob's Ladder flowers to spawn easier. It also works with dandelions, too! You need 2 characters - a major and a non-mayor - and retain perfect town status each day. With this in mind, lets start this guide.

Step 1: At the start of your day, start the game up as your mayor character. I recommend having this character being the last to save and quit the day before, too. As mayor, pick up every Jacob's Ladder and Dandelion in town, and move them somewhere near your second character's home. After that, save and quit.

Step 2: Start the game up as your second character. With that character, pick up all the Ladders and Lions, and store them in that character's locker. After that, save the game and quit once more.

Step 3: Load the game up once more as major, and play like you normally do. You may save, quit, and reload the as many times as you wish, like how you would play normally. Just make sure that when you are done for the day, have the Mayor be the last to save and quit the game.

Step 4: The next day, start the game up as major, and check to see if any Jacob's Ladder and Dandelions appeared. The chances they appear with this trick seems to be 50% of the time. Once you find them, repeat the steps I have given to you above.

...And that's how you get them to spawn more often!

Let me explain my theory:

When the game starts up for the day, it counts the number of these flowers you have, both in the inventory of the mayor starting up for the first time, as well as the ones planted in your Town. The more there are, the fewer that come up - and after around 12 flowers are obtained of each kind, they stop spawning completely.

But by picking them up, planting them again, and letting your 2nd character store them, you trick the game into thinking that you, the Mayor, have no Jacob's Ladders nor Dandelions, in storage nor planted. It didn't check your 2nd character's inventory when loading up! Thus the game decides to spawn another one with the same chance as having only one in town - which is much higher.

If you want to see the original guide, it is here:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0gXwzkXcQ

I hope it helps!

Thanks you so much for this guide! I love jacob's ladders but was having trouble growing them.

I haven't tried it yet but I'll let you know how it goes!

Gardeners hate him! Call now to plant Jacob's Ladders ALL YEAR!

You can't buy this trick in stores, so call now! Act fast, because products are selling like crazy!

this seems a bit too tedious for me...i'd probably keep forgetting to put the flowers back. but this is a great guide! interesting too!

I think its a shame that the game stops producing jacobs ladders when you actually plant them around your town. I wonder why it does that?? You are absolutely right, that you get at least one jacob's ladder per day if you hoard them away but I got tired of doing that. I finally planted mine around my town so I could enjoy them and now I hardly ever get a new one. I hope they stop that in the next game.

Gardeners hate him! Call now to plant Jacob's Ladders ALL YEAR!

You can't buy this trick in stores, so call now! Act fast, because products are selling like crazy!

I'm not sure I got that joke. :/

---

Anyways, a little more context: Before I did this trick, I had only 12 Jacob's Ladders in my town, and none spawned for over 1 and a half months. Once I did this trick, I got 7 more to spawn during the last 10 days - so I do know it works. It's not as tedious to do as many would think - you can do lots of other things with your second character, and keep the flowers stored until you have enough to decorate your town with.

I'd rather wait for them to spawn without all that rigmarole. ;)

I'm going to try this. I've never tried to grow more Jacob's Ladders but I do want dandelions.

Tried this for the past two days. I've gotten two so far, thank you for posting this.

You're forgetting one crucial detail: Jacob's Ladders only spawn in towns with perfect town status.

I wanted to add that the game might not check if you have them in your museum too. On my last town my mayor would move the Jacob's ladders to the museum every day and they kept spawning. I want to say I had 2 full walls plus half of an inner row, so about 20 in total?

You're forgetting one crucial detail: Jacob's Ladders only spawn in towns with perfect town status.

Actually, I did:

This is a guide to my secret of getting those stubborn Jacob's Ladder flowers to spawn easier. It also works with dandelions, too! You need 2 characters - a major and a non-mayor - and retain perfect town status each day. With this in mind, lets start this guide.

No worries.

Wow thank you! I was only ever able to get 6 of them so this is great

Back