• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ideas for basement

EmGee

Crazy cat dad
Bells
What I'm trying to do with my house is make it look more or less like a treehouse built into the inside of a tree, with a mix of the cabin and mush sets for my furniture plus actual mushrooms, and a few odds and ends for the den and kitchen-esque areas and an outdoor camp site for the back room. But I've got no clues what make of the basement, I want it to fit in somehow with the rest of what I'm doing but I feel like my imagination I running dry.

Thoughts, anyone?

Interesting, but I'm already working on a bake shop for one of my museum rooms, and I don't think it would fit with the aesthetic I'm aiming for, which is geared towards looking like some of houses from the Legend of Zelda games

mine's like a man cave / rec room

My friend made hers like a breaking bad meth house lmao

You could make your basement into a mini-campsite with a stew pot, some torches, a camping cot, and some flowers and mushrooms.

Or you could make your basement like an underground room beneath the tree with a digsite wall and floor, fossils, and maybe some buried treasure.

You could make your basement into a mini-campsite with a stew pot, some torches, a camping cot, and some flowers and mushrooms.

Or you could make your basement like an underground room beneath the tree with a digsite wall and floor, fossils, and maybe some buried treasure.
That second part sounds interesting, the first one is already my back room of sorts

How about a Studio Ghibli styled basement? Inspired by Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Tonari no Totoro? Seeing as how those movies have ancient forests, tree spirits and mystical creatures, it may be a cool idea! Have some sapling shoots, Japanese bonsai and maybe some more mushrooms, plus the Raccoon Figurine and a Lotus Pond.

One idea you could do is an aquatic oasis, as if all the rainwater of your treehouse is sent and stored down to your basement. This theme can be as flexible as you want it to be.

What about a haunted witch's brew type of room? With a pot, dimmed lights and even a crystal ball. Witches live in the middle of a forest, right?

Back