• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite Summer Dishes and Desserts?

FruitsChinpoG

MIX THE FLOUR
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mint
Tasty Cake
Summer is approaching soon on the northern hemisphere and I was reminiscing about a cute little treat my friend's mom used to make for us when we were little.

It's called mitsumame which is like jelly with fruit I guess and then you drizzle it with this brown sugar syrup, pretty simple tbh but that's what made it so refreshing!! :blush:

it was so pretty when she used shaped molds too (the koi and goldfish were the coolest B] )

It was also fun making italian cream sodas as well

So what are your favorite summer dishes?

Last edited:
Maybe a little clich?, but I love a pizza with curly fries, paired with the cheapest cream soda money can buy!

The curly fries are the delicious food that makes it all work! A slice of pizza by itself (thin crust, btw) is hardly a meal, until you add the curly fries!

water does sound great after the overwhelming amount of diabetes i'll get

also sparkling water or best water?

I loooove pasta salads, kabobs and burgers!

OOoo, I also like ginataang (made with coconut milk)
and grass jelly and almond pudding :DD

I just really like jelly

Fried squash and okra! Also love ice cream sandwiches, one of my favorite treats ever since I was young!

I don't have a particular dish I make only in the summer. I'm thinking crazy Canadian that barbeques when it's -15C.

What I do love about summer is the fresh fruit, raspberries, peaches, watermelon. And slurpees with ice cream on them!

I always have to have a short rib korean BBQ in the summer, usually during my sister's birthday
bbq.jpg

Strawberries, because they always taste best in the summer, preferable with some whipped cream!

I really like it when my mom makes halo-halo. It's real nice to have during hot days.

8ox2pz6.jpg

We don't put in the ube icecream or the assortment of jellies. Ours usually consist of coconut shavings, jack fruit, lychee as the yummy bits.

I really like it when my mom makes halo-halo. It's real nice to have during hot days.

8ox2pz6.jpg

We don't put in the ube icecream or the assortment of jellies. Ours usually consist of coconut shavings, jack fruit, lychee as the yummy bits.

yUM,, how would you compare your mom's recipe to jolli bee lol

water melon, strawberries, ice cream, pasta salad and bbc. obviously they arent only summer foods but i eat them all a lot more in the summer So .

I mainly eat tons of fruit in the summer which is awesome. I miss it so much during the winter. I also usually go to the fair in the summer so it's my one chance a year to eat deep-fried Oreos!

Yeah bbq food of course, so much better outside in the summertime. And yeah most other typical summer fruits like melons and stuff of course.

Back