What's a villager you didn't know you wanted...

Benjamin was one of my starting villagers who I had never heard of before and planned on moving out, but he's one of my favorite villagers now. Give this lazy dog some love! He's so cute and I love that he has the Sloppy set as his interior.

Some of these stories have been so cute to read over! I love reading about villagers that surprise you with how much you love them. ;)

For me... it's probably Kiki. And she didn't even start off in my town or anything. She was actually one of the villagers that moved into my husband's town. My husband doesn't play a lot of animal crossing, He only got the game to have the chance to play with me, so I started doing little chores in his town to help him out for a while. Pulling weeds, picking fruit, talking to the villagers... when Kiki decided to move out of his town, I was really sad about it. I realized I had grown to love her and couldn't stand the idea of her just disappearing and going off into the void. So I snatched her up and moved her into my own town! I love having her there. She makes me think of my husband every time I talk to her. :)

When I first saw Kyle he looked super dopey to me with his purple undereyes but I love him now! He is the exact opposite of what I would expect, sending me super sappy cute letters in return and saying all he wants is to make a difference in people's lives. I also really love watching him dance and show off haha the cheeriness on him looks so funny

Yuka is one. Being a pretty big Touhou fan, learning that her JP name is basically either my favorite PC-98 character, or my second favorite overall character, I was pretty psyched when she moved in. About a week in, she switches into a happi tee (Which is an iconic piece of attire for myself, along with my blue cap), and kept wearing it. She's asserted a rather personal authority over me, it feels. Always telling me to do things, reminding me, etc. Almost like a mother, lol.

Yuka is one. Being a pretty big Touhou fan, learning that her JP name is basically either my favorite PC-98 character, or my second favorite overall character, I was pretty psyched when she moved in. About a week in, she switches into a happi tee (Which is an iconic piece of attire for myself, along with my blue cap), and kept wearing it. She's asserted a rather personal authority over me, it feels. Always telling me to do things, reminding me, etc. Almost like a mother, lol.

Yuka was my childhood buddy from Wild World. In my whole 4 years of having the town (and multiple times TTing to 2099) she never moved out, and I can also credit her as being the first animal ever to give me her picture. She's the best! I just wish I knew how to say her name.

A lot of my original villagers, tbh: Benjamin, BonBon, Pashmina, and Pierce.

I almost always have a sort of "love at first sight" relationship with my favorite villagers, so finding not only one, but several that I gradually grew to love was very out of character for me. (which explains why it hasn't really happened with my new villagers. QQ)

Bluebear... She's one of my starter villagers. I had no idea she would grow on me because i always had my mind set on cats and wolves. she won me over with her cute phrases and how cute she actually is. i hope she will stay in my town forever ;ㅅ;

Wolfgang. I remember I kept getting him in my Wild World town and I used to hate him and would hit him with a net wishing he would move but now I kind of like him, if he showed up in my town I would definitely keep him :)

Last edited:
I was kind of iffy about Puck until the day he was in boxes. He's a chubby pink penguin with a cute hat on! I wish I befriended him more.

I really like Erik, I didn't know he existed until I accidentally let him move into my town. Once I found his plot I had to look him up to figure out just who he was lol. I was really excited for him to move in after that, and I love that his house is like a little cabin/lodge! He moved out without pinging me which was sad, but I'd like to get him to move in again some day. :)

Nate. I've learned to love him and the strange, green creature that resides above his eyes.

Last edited:
Filbert, the blue lazy squirrel.
I got him in my new town, Ivy Coast as a starter. I had no idea he existed, but I really like him and he looks like he just had 17 cups of coffee 24/7. I also really love the how interior of his house is space themed. I didn't like the shirt he originally had on but he luckily changed it to a nice purple shirt which really suits him. I also didn't even realize I liked the squirrels so thank you filbert.

Marshal. Until I saw him in a dream town and was like ohmygodihavetohavehimgoingontbtnowhhhhnnngh

Didn't really see myself interested in Tutu so much, but when I started warming up to her, she was really fun and funny. I always felt she was more energetic than any other peppy I had. She's been my favorite ever since.

So many! I've met a good number of my faves that way. Tex, Clay, Katt, Coco, Jambette, Marshal and Filbert come to mind first.

Marshal- sssoooo here's a funny story. I didn't like the squirel like everyone else did. And I didn't care about him for the better part of all these years, then suddenly I get him to move in and I find out I actually love him.

Molly- I've had the cute ducky move in accidentally and she landed on a bad spot too. I intended to let her move out eventually to make room for somebody else but in the end I couldn't let go of her. Absolutely grew to love her in the meantime...

Just thought of another one; I decided I needed an uchi villager for PWPs and the only ones I didn't dislike were Deirdre and Phoebe (who I already had), so I ended up having Deirdre move in and I really like having her in my town! I figured I could get rid of her after I got the PWPs I wanted but it's a year later and I still love Deirdre! :) Also, Molly moved into my town one day by surprise and I was so happy to have her! I love the duck villagers, and Molly is one of the cutest.

Maddie, she was just a normal looking dog but i saw her in a dream town and was drooling!!! she is such a sweetheart and is so adorable in game!

Back