• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's a villager you didn't know you wanted...

Aubrey895

Islander Lyric of Lily Cove
Bells
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
So. Sparro was my starting villager I didn't know I wanted in my town until he was already there. He's never leaving he's so cuteeee. I know had he not been a starter I wouldn't have gotten him.

Any villager for you?

I thought Fuchsia was hideous until I actually had her in my town. I love her rockstar vibes!

A villager that I didn't know I wanted was Zucker the Lazy Octopus. It all started when I requested for a villager named Hamlet the Jock Hamster because I wanted him back in my second town file. When I talked to Hamlet, he wasn't able to move to my second town file and I thought I was going to come back empty handed in the end. To my surprise... I actually got someone to move in even though I didn't ask them to move in. I went over to their house and found out that Zucker moved in to my town. When I saw him... I really liked his design and decided to keep him. I hope to get him in my current third town file. ^.^

Last edited:
Ketchup. Her design didn't seem that appealing at first, but I had room in my town and decided to give her a try. The fact that she's a tiny walking tomato and her house is a pizzeria won me over. She looks a lot better in-game than on her amiibo card.

I didn't think i'd want Katt in my town after seeing early screenshots of her but when I actually got her in a town I realised she wasn't too bad. She's actually really nice and one of my favourite villagers. I wanted to give her a chance even though I didn't like her at the time. So I invited her in on a whim, I thought she'd eventually become unbearable but I grew to really really like her.

I didn't liked Rocket and Beardo at first. Everytime, when I had them in my town, I wanted them to
move out as fast as possible. However, one day I gave both of them a chance and I started to like
them. I realized that Rocket is actually a cool villager since she's part of the superhero villagers. And
Beardo reminds me of John Watson from the Sherlock Holmes stories. After all they aren't that bad
as I thought and are now two of my favorite villagers.

Last edited:
Agnes, the black piggy. Pigs are not my favorite, so I wasn't too sure. But now I think she is so adorable, and probably my favorite uchi. She has really pretty coloring and she looks great in pink. : )

Octavian. He was always an 'eh' for me but I have him now I've quickly fallen in love. xD

Beau. I like lazies generally but I don't like "cute" so I wasn't sure, but he won me over with his spaced-out expression and dopiness.

Tiffany. Didn't know about her until I found a thread on here criticizing her. She appealed to me and I knew I had to get her in my town! :)

I didn't know I would like Pudge as much as I did until I got him because I wanted to cycle through villagers. He was supposed to be a temporary villager but I can't let him go now. He's way too cute!

Drift! I didn't like his design at first. But the fact that he's always smiling made me so happy and his smile was literally HUGE. He quickly became a favorite. Unfortunately I lost him though because I deleted that town :( miss him

Butch. He was my starting villager and at first I hated him and thought he was too mean, but he's one of my only orginal villagers I plan on keeping because I realized that for a cranky villager he actually is not bad once you get to know him. The same is with Soleil. I didn't care for her at first until I realized how she can have an attitude but she still can be fun to talk to and sweet when she wants to be. She's the reason why I even got apples in my town after searching to get them for a long time because she randomly gave me an apple to make up for her being snooty sometimes.

When I first started playing Animal Crossing, of course I had no idea about "good" or "bad" villagers and I didn't even expect villagers to be unique (I expected all the villagers to act more or less the same as one another), but now that I have played for a while, I feel like I got a really good starter set of villagers. I'm very pleased with Erik and Ruby and Sally, and I think I will keep them for quite a while- especially Erik and Ruby, as Erik is so relatable and cute, and and Ruby is my current favorite villager. I didn't expect to want to keep villagers (in fact, I didn't know they could move in and out of my town), but I found some lifelong friends (? haha) along the way.

Erik!! i didnt even know he existed until he came into my campsite last week. thankfully Curly had just moved out so i had a spot open and invited him to move in asap. he was so cute and i looked him up and loved his log cabin style, he fit my lifestyle perfectly. so then of course i had to make him my icon on here as well.

Muffy. She visited my camp and I let her go twice... then began thinking about it and her design and fell in love. She's the black sheep of my pink and blue themed town now and I love her :3

I also picked up Naomi for my Japanese RPG town and I love her :D Never really thought I'd like a cow villager but she fits in too well with the theme and I actually really like her color scheme.

bluebear. up until that point i was all "punchy! marshal! bob!". now ive been enlightened. i definitely was pretty shocked to see one day that she had moved out :( but i know ill get her back someday :)

Sylvia! When I first saw her plot, I thought, 'meh, I don't think I'm going to like her.' Boy, was I wrong. She was in my town before I restarted and I loved how funny and how clever she was. Plus, she's an uchi and I think the kangaroos look super cute, with their nose plus the little ones mimicking emotions. I miss her. She's always welcome to move back in. ^^

Bill, Agnes, Mira and Rasher. When my lazy and cranky villagers were moving out, I looked through the list of each personality to see which villager appealed to me the most. Rasher was pretty easy but I was kinda stuck between a couple different jocks. When a move-in failed to happen with another villager, I went for Bill instead and I don't regret it at all. He's now my favorite jock by far. I liked Agnes' design but I was also deciding between her and another uchi. I wanted Mira when I found out she was based on Sailor Venus.

Back