What's a villager you didn't know you wanted...

Aubrey895

Islander Lyric of Lily Cove
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
So. Sparro was my starting villager I didn't know I wanted in my town until he was already there. He's never leaving he's so cuteeee. I know had he not been a starter I wouldn't have gotten him.

Any villager for you?

A villager that I didn't know I wanted was Zucker the Lazy Octopus. It all started when I requested for a villager named Hamlet the Jock Hamster because I wanted him back in my second town file. When I talked to Hamlet, he wasn't able to move to my second town file and I thought I was going to come back empty handed in the end. To my surprise... I actually got someone to move in even though I didn't ask them to move in. I went over to their house and found out that Zucker moved in to my town. When I saw him... I really liked his design and decided to keep him. I hope to get him in my current third town file. ^.^

Last edited:
Ketchup. Her design didn't seem that appealing at first, but I had room in my town and decided to give her a try. The fact that she's a tiny walking tomato and her house is a pizzeria won me over. She looks a lot better in-game than on her amiibo card.

I didn't think i'd want Katt in my town after seeing early screenshots of her but when I actually got her in a town I realised she wasn't too bad. She's actually really nice and one of my favourite villagers. I wanted to give her a chance even though I didn't like her at the time. So I invited her in on a whim, I thought she'd eventually become unbearable but I grew to really really like her.

I didn't liked Rocket and Beardo at first. Everytime, when I had them in my town, I wanted them to
move out as fast as possible. However, one day I gave both of them a chance and I started to like
them. I realized that Rocket is actually a cool villager since she's part of the superhero villagers. And
Beardo reminds me of John Watson from the Sherlock Holmes stories. After all they aren't that bad
as I thought and are now two of my favorite villagers.

Last edited:
Agnes, the black piggy. Pigs are not my favorite, so I wasn't too sure. But now I think she is so adorable, and probably my favorite uchi. She has really pretty coloring and she looks great in pink. : )

Beau. I like lazies generally but I don't like "cute" so I wasn't sure, but he won me over with his spaced-out expression and dopiness.

Tiffany. Didn't know about her until I found a thread on here criticizing her. She appealed to me and I knew I had to get her in my town! :)

I didn't know I would like Pudge as much as I did until I got him because I wanted to cycle through villagers. He was supposed to be a temporary villager but I can't let him go now. He's way too cute!

Drift! I didn't like his design at first. But the fact that he's always smiling made me so happy and his smile was literally HUGE. He quickly became a favorite. Unfortunately I lost him though because I deleted that town :( miss him

Butch. He was my starting villager and at first I hated him and thought he was too mean, but he's one of my only orginal villagers I plan on keeping because I realized that for a cranky villager he actually is not bad once you get to know him. The same is with Soleil. I didn't care for her at first until I realized how she can have an attitude but she still can be fun to talk to and sweet when she wants to be. She's the reason why I even got apples in my town after searching to get them for a long time because she randomly gave me an apple to make up for her being snooty sometimes.

When I first started playing Animal Crossing, of course I had no idea about "good" or "bad" villagers and I didn't even expect villagers to be unique (I expected all the villagers to act more or less the same as one another), but now that I have played for a while, I feel like I got a really good starter set of villagers. I'm very pleased with Erik and Ruby and Sally, and I think I will keep them for quite a while- especially Erik and Ruby, as Erik is so relatable and cute, and and Ruby is my current favorite villager. I didn't expect to want to keep villagers (in fact, I didn't know they could move in and out of my town), but I found some lifelong friends (? haha) along the way.

Erik!! i didnt even know he existed until he came into my campsite last week. thankfully Curly had just moved out so i had a spot open and invited him to move in asap. he was so cute and i looked him up and loved his log cabin style, he fit my lifestyle perfectly. so then of course i had to make him my icon on here as well.

Muffy. She visited my camp and I let her go twice... then began thinking about it and her design and fell in love. She's the black sheep of my pink and blue themed town now and I love her :3

I also picked up Naomi for my Japanese RPG town and I love her :D Never really thought I'd like a cow villager but she fits in too well with the theme and I actually really like her color scheme.

bluebear. up until that point i was all "punchy! marshal! bob!". now ive been enlightened. i definitely was pretty shocked to see one day that she had moved out :( but i know ill get her back someday :)

Sylvia! When I first saw her plot, I thought, 'meh, I don't think I'm going to like her.' Boy, was I wrong. She was in my town before I restarted and I loved how funny and how clever she was. Plus, she's an uchi and I think the kangaroos look super cute, with their nose plus the little ones mimicking emotions. I miss her. She's always welcome to move back in. ^^

Bill, Agnes, Mira and Rasher. When my lazy and cranky villagers were moving out, I looked through the list of each personality to see which villager appealed to me the most. Rasher was pretty easy but I was kinda stuck between a couple different jocks. When a move-in failed to happen with another villager, I went for Bill instead and I don't regret it at all. He's now my favorite jock by far. I liked Agnes' design but I was also deciding between her and another uchi. I wanted Mira when I found out she was based on Sailor Venus.

Back