Tie Dying!

Going to make some business cards tonight hopefully so we can write the prices/sizes on them and pin them to the shirts, going to make an e-mail for people to make requests as well if people want specific designs/colors/sizes. Can't wait to start selling them because we actually have been getting a TON of interest every time Camburn wears one to work!

I need ideas for a brand name... I think I want something with "Nate and Kate" but I don't know what to make it. Any ideas?

I need ideas for a brand name... I think I want something with "Nate and Kate" but I don't know what to make it. Any ideas?

Nate? o_O

N&K's Tiedyes? Haha I'm terrible with concepts and names/ideas when it comes to being creative like that.. good luck though

Is tie dying the process in which your tie dies? R.I.P. tie.

Anyway, thanks KaydeeKrunk for the elaborate explanation earlier, I'm going to have a look if they sell those tulip kits around here and then try it with a friend. :) I'll probably post the results here eventually!

Last edited:
Is tie dying the process in which your tie dies? R.I.P. tie.

Anyway, thanks KaydeeKrunk for the elaborate explanation earlier, I'm going to have a look if they sell those tulip kits around here and then try it with a friend. :) I'll probably post the results here eventually!

They're pretty readily available. I hope you can find one, it's super fun!

Got my cards and my stand for selling tie dye. Can't wait to start selling them!
I0ZoELR.jpg

Also have another big batch of shirts in the wash now so pictures will soon follow!
Here's some evidence even though I wore gloves!
YBf2bdx.jpg

So something went wrong, either there wasn't enough soda ash or it was because we left the dye out in a not so dark place for a week, but whatever reason these came out really light colors. It works for some of the designs but not so much on the others, so we're going to try to bleach out and re-do some of them. But here is most of the shirts we did this time around!

kn2u3JF.png

This one I was going for a kind of camo colored thing, but with the way I tied it the brown ended up only on the very outside edges... probably going to re-do this one.
PzNcfRf.png

My favorite type to do, the crinkle, did opposite rainbows on each side and it ended up really neat looking even though tied up it looked really muddy, glad it came out cool.
saZkm8j.png

Blurry turt! I am sad this wasn't tied tight enough because the shade would have been perfect! Not sure if I should keep it or re-do it.
FpB16Nk.png

Triple hearts! Wanted to try some "not centered" designs and I think this came out interesting, sad not a lot of color got in under the folds though.
nIWR1Mt.png

Another flag fold, I did all blues and teals and I think it looks neat but it's still pretty empty... might die over it or try to "skew" the flag fold and re-do it so it makes a more intricate design. Still on the fence.
a0PsrdQ.png

My fave from this batch! I didn't think it would come out so well!
gR1Blec.png

Burning heart. I think it came out good!
HAZrdZH.png

Tried mixing some yellow and tan for a bone color, I think the design came out good, should have used some other colors for the background though...
j9jYtrm.png

Shroom! I love how the design came out, but it bled a lot, the stem was tan but a lot of the red bled over.
W5yCrkS.png

Fail star 1. I mean, the shape is there, but the inside star was supposed to be white but it ended up really weird... I don't know why after my first two I can't get the stars right!
uwNwd6e.png

Fail star 2. I had such high hopes, but it ended up all weird and with like, an extra leg... not sure what i did wrong. =[ Will re-do.
Xdk6cDq.png

Swirl, I really like how it looks with these colors in the "pastel" way it came out, definitely leaving this one as is to sell!

cR3n4QC.png

His star ended up way better than mine, but his black bled a lot.
wuUbA2L.png

Some weird rainbow design, not sure how he tied it to get this effect.
eFZjZ2G.png

Kitty cat! I think this turned out cute.
tXkX0VO.png

A failed alien... we think it looks kind of like MasterCheif or a Power Ranger, what do you think?
bdWRkub.png

A "face"... I think. Whatever it is it's staring into my soul.
JeIi5p2.png

Flame swirl.
YKTNh5D.png

A cross between an emblem and an alien maybe? Kind of looks like a heart in the middle too.
0VuY35o.png

This was an eye, but he forgot to label it so he dyed it different colors, so now it's like a psychedelic eye.

So yeah we're probably going to re-do some of them, but we should be up and selling them by next week, which I am STOKED about! Lots of people who come into his store want them, as do his co-workers so I think we'll do well!

Bunch of giant pictures, I didn't feel like cropping them XD But here is some from out latest batch, the batch before I totally forgot to nab pictures of, so technically this is batch 5 because the fifth already is getting sold at the store so it's too late... in batch 4 I made some neat stuff like a watermelon though. XD
There are a few handkerchiefs and tank tops as well as t-shirts, in our next batch we'll be doing some onesies and some dresses!
VzHdGV0.jpg

sL0m7wh.jpg

nBAGVtc.jpg

z08xby9.jpg

KelOySq.jpg

cYXyLrG.jpg

vo8oToG.jpg

Some of the hearts didn't turn out =[
bNyxwHB.jpg

wImEPO1.jpg

4kPZksL.jpg

Mg6X7dO.jpg

xUG4TGw.jpg

1lNjJ8g.jpg

Last edited:
Woah these are all insanely cool!!! I would definitely buy so many of these. I love tie dye but the few times I tried it, it didn't turn out very well :p

Back