• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Tie Dying!

KaydeeKrunk

The Late Great Turt
Peach 🍑
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Now that it's warmer out one thing my boyfriend and I really enjoy doing is tie dying!

I think it's super fun trying to make interesting designs, use weird techniques and having to wait to see how they come out!

My boyfriend (Camburn) and I have actually started selling these at a local gas station and are probably going to have booths selling them at some local fairs/events! We think we might open an online store eventually if we want to keep doing it after summer is over.

(These were done with those cheap tie dye kits)
HayS6bn.jpg

The star I made with a folding technique and the blue and purple I made using the ice dying method!
RsPIp2h.jpg

More simple designs but I love how the colors turned out! The first one was done dry so the colors ended up really bold!
asFJoZm.jpg

My first attempt at a Yin-Yang design, I think it turned out pretty cool!
All of these ones from the 2nd batch on were done with professional dyes, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Second Batch: HERE!
Third Batch: Here!
Fourth Batch: HERE!

So has anybody else done any tie dying before?
Did you use a kit?
Have you thought about doing it?

I'd love to see some pictures of things you've made and will probably share more pictures of our tie dye as well!

Last edited:
Those looks so awesome bromiga. If we had out own washing machine and large place I'd totally do it man (or buy yours aha). I do need more tie-dye shirts and stuff though...

I would wear the hell out of those.

I've done this before but its been a long time. We used to like tie knots in the shirts and then dye them. (or did we dye them and then tie the knots in them, heh). coolest tie-dye shirts I ever had tho i bought from the artists at Mallory Square in Key West.

I honestly don't like them but they do seem fun to make

I've done this before but its been a long time. We used to like tie knots in the shirts and then dye them. (or did we dye them and then tie the knots in them, heh). coolest tie-dye shirts I ever had tho i bought from the artists at Mallory Square in Key West.

It's usually the knots and then dying them. We have a couple that make them and sell them at the local street fairs and stuff and they're shirts are so vibrant and stuff, I hope to get on their level instead of using the kits that aren't very pigmented.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I honestly don't like them but they do seem fun to make

Honestly I don't wear them at all, they're far too colorful for me, but I do love them aesthetically and love making them, so my boyfriend just wears the ones we have now.

These look really cool! It'd be a fun craft day.

Also ~ When I read the title I thought it was about actual neckties dying because that is just how my mind works for some bizarre reason???

GU8S3IJ.jpg

Here's some from the second batch we did, couldn't get a picture of all of them, but it sucks that pink turned out so pale, I think it's because it was leftover from the first batch and it loses vibrancy if it sits. The top corner is a star it's just all wrinkled from coming out of the wash. The one with the yellow pink and blue was done with the ice method and I think they turn out really neat and melty looking so I'm going to keep doing that. I drew out a ton of designs I want to try with the sewing method instead of rubberbands so I'm looking forward to that next time. =D

Last edited:
send me all of that please.. all those homemade things looks so cool, why do i live in apartment lol xD

omg i LOOOOVE tie dye. my dad and i used to do it by putting the shirts or skirts into a tube, cutting holes in the tube and just squirting the dye into it. they always came out SUPER VIBRANT and colourful :)

omg i LOOOOVE tie dye. my dad and i used to do it by putting the shirts or skirts into a tube, cutting holes in the tube and just squirting the dye into it. they always came out SUPER VIBRANT and colourful :)

DUUUUDE I totally forgot about that method! I hella need to save some tubes now and try that one again!

Tie dying lmao

But I've never tried it before tbh... I'm not really a fan of the super multicoloured ones, but a colour with different shades would look nice

Last edited:
DUUUUDE I totally forgot about that method! I hella need to save some tubes now and try that one again!

it's really simple but doesn't come out as good as making it without one, but i like it cause it makes me feel like a kid again haha

They're super cute! I have a couple shirts I tie dyed with a really artsy friend of mine who's good at this stuff back like 4 ish years ago

i would have to be an artistic prodigy (something that i am not) to be able to do cute tie-dye designs like yours lmao

I wish my boyfriend was into cool stuff like that. I'm an art freak and he's just ugh.

Last edited:
Lemme buy shirts from you lmao

I wish my boyfriend was into cool stuff like that. I'm an art freak and he's just ugh.

My boyfriend gets excited about art for very limited time, but he's still excited about tie dye, don't know if he'll burn out on it but I hope not!

Back