Planting trees and need advice..

Doom85

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Are my trees too close to the path? Will they not grow?

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Trees do grow next to paths so you don't need to worry about them! You only need to watch out for rocks/buildings if you're planting them along a path of designs.

Is that a fake path?
I have no idea about those.
They ruin the natural look.

You can plant trees next to the real stone paving (without a space between the paving and tree) in the plaza, town hall, and train station.

Goes for bushes too.

Last edited:
Paths made of clothing patterns don't count as real cobblestone around the event plaza, retail and train station. Those trees should grow no problem. Except the one under the time/date pop up. That one looks like it's right on the cliff. Trees and bushes need to have one space between them and cliffs, houses, pwps and building to grow.

You can grow trees and bushes directly next to paths and pavements (Town Hall, Re-Tail, Train Station, Plaza).

You can not grow trees or bushes directly next to a cliff (wall OR cliffs overlooking the beaches), rocks, buildings, train tracks, PWPs or homes. A bush or tree will need to be at least one space away from any of these things to grow.

Trees will not grow directly next to one another. One space between each tree is required in any direction. Bushes will grow directly next to one another and directly next to trees.

You can't have more than 12 bushes/trees lined up together. After the 12th, the bush or tree start will fail to grow. Though I say "line", what I mean is trees and bushes that are connected. They don't need to be connected in a straight line for this to count.

I've also heard that there are "dead spots" in towns where nothing will grow no matter what, though I've never found any of the ones in my towns. Hopefully you won't either!

I've also heard that there are "dead spots" in towns where nothing will grow no matter what, though I've never found any of the ones in my towns. Hopefully you won't either!

From what I've seen, these so called "dead-spots" are normally just caused by the fact that you can only grow so many trees within a 7x7 plot of land (I think it's 15 max). So if people are planting more than that in that space, one will die and unless they chop down some of the existing trees, the new trees planted there will keep dying, giving the illusion of a "dead-spot"

I'm pretty sure I accidentally created a dead spot when making my orchard. I planted the trees like so:

X-X-X
X-X-X
X-X-X

With the X being a tree and the - being an open space to walk. However, I accidentally planted a beach-tree on the middle spot, so that one died. When I dug it out and tried to place a land-fruit tree, it still kept dying. I'm pretty sure it's to much in the shadows now the other ones have grown.

They'll grow next to paths, there just has to be the minimum of one space between them. Bushes can also be planted next to trees. However if you ever plan to put bushes next to the paths the limit is 13 that you can put in a row. Sometimes you'll get dead spots where trees just won't grow there no matter what though.

Back