Mismatched furniture in villager's houses drive me crazy.

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Does it drive anyone else crazy? I was just visiting Tutu, and she has a Regal bed in the middle of a house furnished with items from the Lovely Series. I just want to take all her furniture, throw it away and provide her with furniture from the SAME series.

Just look at Portia's house. what's this mess? She has one piece of furniture from every series in the game. Seriously My OCD is off the charts right now
18700291_303417520100526_4929629743474582553_n.jpg

Last edited:
At least it's not as bad as Roald. I came into his house one day to find that he had a total of 3 pieces of furniture, a shirt, and a bug sitting in his house. Nothing else. Kiddie Bed, green lamp, jukebox, pill bug, and a checkered shirt. It's even worse cause it's all shoved in a corner with the jukebox awkwardly sitting in the middle of the room with nothing near it. UGH.

Well, no. I like mixed furniture from different series but if it's going to be a chaotic whirlwind like the example you provided, then it's awkward. This is also why I give my villagers false hope when they ask for bugs or fish. "Yeah sure I'll get you a butterfly." Then they never hear from me again.

I can't say no to my villagers when they request something. Their houses aren't too bad at the moment except Ava and Bea.

Ava for some reason won't use all of the furniture I send her. Her house was a cafeteria theme and I wanted to give her the full ranch set but it's a hot mess right now. There's food displays and random ranch pieces ugh. Bea's house is shameful too. :(

Last edited:
I used to have this problem that's why I stopped giving them new furniture. I just usually agree if they ask to replace one but don't actually give them what they want to. Six months after, my villagers still have their default interiors lol (or you can fix this by moving them out and rescanning their amiibo if you have them).

The best way to combat this issue: Give your villagers only the furniture that you want them to have in their homes. You don't have to be purist, either. For instance, I replaced Lily's green furniture with blue counterparts. Also, when I fish, I usually release the cheap and ugly looking fish, and keep cuter ones for when villagers ping me.

When they ask to have whatever's in my pocket, I refuse unless I know it's something that would look nice with the rest of their homes. I send them furniture too so all my villagers homes are pretty well decorated. When they put something that doesn't really go with the rest of the stuff, I wait for them to invite me over and buy it from them. If they won't let me, I keep buying things of the same size, (1x2, for example) until they replace the thing that doesn't belong. My OCD makes me go to great lengths to have things the way I want in my town, even things I can't directly control.

It can be annoying but I try to micro manage my villagers houses. I never deliver items to my villagers, unless they're not a permanent. It kinda takes away from the experience but i'd rather my villagers don't have items of clothing or furniture that doesn't suit their house at all. It's so awful when a villager gives a water trough to a villager with a nice house as a gift. Which is why I always save from now on before giving a gift (if i even get around to it, because usually i don't give them gifts) It can be irritating seeing undesired furniture in their houses.

Yeah it kinda annoys me but I rarely go into their house unless they ask me to fetch them furniture. Then I know to give them a piece that matches and they'll put it out on the spot. I also try to accept the invite to go to their houses so I can buy off ugly pieces of furniture (like random shirts and bugs). Unfortunately for some reason it's hard to get them to sell me the bugs/fish... they just like them too much. What annoys me even more though is when they change into an ugly shirt :(

I totally feel you on this, I usually try find furn that matches their house when they ask for it. But then of course they ask for bugs, fish etc...

I went to visit Tammy today and she had a line of garbage cans set up???

I don't ever try to regulate what my villagers put into their houses, because, I mean, it's their house... But I definitely agree- sometimes I visit and house and I'm struck with emo as I remember how their original house layout and furniture used to be and compare it to what they have done now...

Yeah no this bothers me too. It also bothers me when they don't arrange furniture properly. Like I have had Soleil for so long her house is made up of stuff I sold in Re-Tail to her or sold to her if she offered money for something in my pocket, so now most of her furniture is random and everything is placed awkward and facing the wrong way.

When I first started playing I gave them bugs and fish like they asked, and gave them random furniture when they asked... their houses all looked horrible and chaotic. As I became a better player I realized I needed to crack down on their terrible taste, heh. I now have the flea market filled with impossibly overpriced items and the clothing shop is full of umbrella patterns only so that they won't suddenly start wearing my patterns. I always agree to give them fish and bugs and never actually do it, unless it's something like a bell cricket, which has a cute cage (it goes great in Drago's Chinese themed house, for example) or the goldfish, which has a cute bowl. If an animal changes into an ugly shirt I immediately buy five of the shirt I prefer they wear and send them in the mail - that seems to correct the problem by the next day. Then I just have to wait until I get an invite so I can buy back the inevitable extra shirt that winds up on display.

Now almost all my animals have really nice looking houses that make sense and are well decorated. It took patience to claw things back from the anarchy but it's worth it. It's almost like a higher level challenge to get the animal houses the way I like them - once I got done with my house, it was fun to try and shape theirs.

Last edited:
This is how Cally's house looks (it might be a little different now, I haven't been to her house in a while)

15e2f40e-c31d-4891-b973-0079de6b070d.jpg

And this room is from a Doc I had a few years ago..(different town)

a01d003e-5e06-4160-891a-2d37d06944e7.jpg

Last edited:
Back