• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Camp Site, where did you build it?

ZeFeZ

Dragonite! 💙
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
ど
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Leif
Kirby Easter Egg
Poptart Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Hello,

Curious where you build your Camp Site, looking for ideas where to place mine.

Mine is by the entrance to the RV campground.

I like it there because it just made sense to me and I can check out who's visiting each area quickly.

I have a strip of land at the top of my map near the train tracks. I put my campsite there

I also put mine near the campground.
It makes sense and i don't want it near the commercial/residencial part of the town

It's also near the waterfall, it sounds and looks nice.
I just build the campsite the other day, so i still need to work the area and organize bushes and trees.

004_town_map_may.jpg005_waterfall_campsite.jpg

I regret adding the campsite to my town. Remember you can't demolish it when it's finished!
You should put it in a nice area with enough space for another PWP. Like the campfire and the camping cot. :)
My campsite has a campfire to accompany it. And, tree stumps!

My Campsite rests near a cliff on the top right corner of my town. This is what it looks like:

Campsite.jpg

Below it are some more cedar trees, a log bench, and a stump.

I built mine near the cliff, it's basically right in front of my house, just a pond in between.

Mine is near a pond and around the river
I think to build also the fire pit, the log bench and the camping cot to complete my camping area

I built mine near a cliff away from my town and any buildings. Just trees and a dirt path!

I think the campsite looks ugly when no one is in it so I put it above my town hall, you have to go out of your way if you want to see it. I also wanted it to be north of town to have it near cedars and I was able to do that. Luckily, after the update my campground ended up right beside it so it all worked out great. :blush:

It's interesting that so many of us put the campsite at the top of our towns. I have always thought of this area as more "wildernessy" than the southern part. Like many of you... my campsite is very near the RV park. So I am putting campish PWPs up there like the hammock, the well and a water pump. Also that is where the woodsy pine trees flourish.

Now that we have the access to villagers via amiibo cards, the campsite isn't nearly as exciting as it used to be.

I put mine towards the bottom of my town to the right of the waterfall, nicely tucked away in the corner next to the lighthouse pwp

Near the train station so I could campsite reset during the early days. It's not the ideal place but I prefer convenience. That was in my first town. I'm not really using the camp to get villagers now.

I don't have it in my second town (that's probably the reason why I was able to exceed the pwp limit by one. Less permanent pwp equals to more space.)

I regret adding the campsite to my town. Remember you can't demolish it when it's finished!
You should put it in a nice area with enough space for another PWP. Like the campfire and the camping cot. :)
My campsite has a campfire to accompany it. And, tree stumps!

Wow. This idea is brilliant! I really wish I would have thought of this before I placed mine, as it would have probably looked so much better then it does now. I wasn't thinking about that at all when I placed mine years ago so when I found this piece of land with only one entrance that it would fit perfectly in, I put it there, and now I regret that decision.

I shoved it also at the top right near the tracks. I didn't really want it to be a focal point in my town and majority of my trees are cedar.

Mine is by the entrance to the RV campground.

I like it there because it just made sense to me and I can check out who's visiting each area quickly.

I built my campsite near the campgrounds in my second town as well. In my main town I built it in nook next to the river. Both campsites have the campfire PWP close by.

It's interesting that so many of us put the campsite at the top of our towns. I have always thought of this area as more "wildernessy" than the southern part. Like many of you... my campsite is very near the RV park. So I am putting campish PWPs up there like the hammock, the well and a water pump. Also that is where the woodsy pine trees flourish.

Now that we have the access to villagers via amiibo cards, the campsite isn't nearly as exciting as it used to be.

Yes. It would be nice to have the option to kick out one of my 10 (7 are amiibo scans that will NEVER leave), villagers, and invite a camper to move in.

I haven't built my campsite anywhere as i'm resetting my town and it's not a priority either in any of my towns, since I usually just get my villagers from here. However in my newest town i'm going to build it since it's going to be a foresty type one. I either build it last or I don't build it at all. I've had towns where i've had the campsite and it's been the first thing I built and i've ended up regretting it. If iam to build it I usually put it in a secluded area somewhere or near a cliff. I feel that makes the most sense.

By the RV ramp. It's behind a rock and path. It was the worst place for a rock the rock is right in the middle of the RV ramp basically. So I've got bushes and a path around it. Above that is my campsite near the waterfall and ramp.

Back