Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
3733-7474-0802
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
White Lily
Red Lily
So my mayors house (my house) is currently extremely boring. I've just put my Gracie furniture sets in one particular room and just left it at that. I was fine with it until I realised that I wanted a house that's a proper house. I don't want a bed and set in every room.

I plan on having my main room as a living room, the right side as a kitchen, the left side as a bathroom, the back room a study/library, upstairs a bedroom and the basement is undecided.
Only problem is...I'm lacking inspiration. I even went onto Happy Home Designer last night to try some furniture but ended up putting in down with nothing.

Does anyone have any dream towns that I can visit to get some inspiration? Also curious as to how things are displayed. Or if you have any advice, please let me know. I also need to have an idea of what to do for my basement.

Thanks so much!

~~~~~~I have designed most of my house but just need an idea for the basement. Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
I've made my house like a real house but the bedroom is on the left, bathroom at the back, study up top, kitchen to the right, main is living, and basement is like a jamming room.
Guitars, amp, standing mic, floor lights, wall speakers, lounge, table and a few other things.

Kinda cool. ^_^

Last edited:
I've made my house like a real house but the bedroom is on the left, bathroom at the back, study up top, kitchen to the right, main is living, and basement is like a jamming room.
Guitars, amp, standing mic, floor lights, wall speakers, lounge, table and a few other things.

Kinda cool. ^_^

Sounds cool! That basement idea is pretty good too. It may be a possibility! I was thinking of maybe a game room or a second bedroom. Leaning towards a game room though as I don't really want a second bedroom lol. Thanks for your input! :)

I have dream towns in my signature. My Gables town is not posted, but it has more realistic, unique rooms in Anne and Mary's house. F500-0010-89AF.

It isn't finished yet, but here's my plan. Main room as a living room, back room as a laboratory/science type of thing, left room as a kitchen, basement as a game room, and upstairs as a bedroom. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the right room yet, maybe I'll put in some rare fish and bugs?

A back story could help

You could make up a back story for your character and use it to imagine the kinds of things they would have in their house. They could be an artist, a sports enthusiast, or a biologist. Maybe they're a bit paranoid, and have a panic room hidden in their basement. I've always wanted to put a tiki bar in my basement, but I've never been happy with my results. Now I have a gym, which is probably better for my mayor's health.

My mayor character has kitchen, bedroom, living room, mayor's office, garden/campsite then my alt. characters have bathroom, classroom, restaurant, office, game room/arcade, music lounge complete with stuff that you can hang on walls in each of them. I tried to maximize the spaces. If you wanna check it out, my dream address is 5F00-0020-2927 :)

Last edited:
Thanks for all of your ideas! They sound amazing! I'll check them out later today! :)

Last edited:
Ok, I have designed most of my house but I'm stuck on the basement. Does anyone have any ideas about what room to make it?

I turned my basement into a laundry room with pieces of the sloppy set.

I haven't got the basement yet, but my suggestions are:
-A dining room (if that's not in your kitchen)
-Laundry room (as someone mentioned)
-Garage (I think there is a piece of car furniture)
-Gaming room/arcade!!
-Walk In Closet (with clothes and mannequins)
-Playroom
-A Patio (There's a matching wallpaper)
Sorry for the minimal amount of suggestions, but that's all I can think of! :)

Last edited:
My basement is an art studio :p Just because I love all things creative and my mayor does to!
Plus I think it's a bit more interesting than a laundry room

Last edited:
Back