when a villager asks you about their house...

Gruntilda

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
I always say yes when my villagers ask me to come over and visit. I feel like it increases our friendship level. BUT... I am gun shy now when they ask me what I think of their room. I always say I like it a lot because I don't want to be rude (I know I know sheesh). But they ALWAYS act like they are insulted because they can tell I am not being honest. What do you say when they ask? Do they like it better when you give them a "meh" answer?

I feel like the ones who like the meh answers are the snooty's and uchi's. They always call me out on trying to be too kind lol

i think i said meh a few times and they said they would try harder or something? it's reflected in the letter you get afterward too.

my friend has a villager she really hates called renee (i actually do like her, but that's besides the point) and every time she visits her she picks the meanest option when she leaves, and she told me renee always asks for new furniture to help make it better. i'm not sure if you can actually give them furniture right there or if it's just a thing they say or if it's treated like a regular task. i'd try it out but i hate being mean to my villagers. that's why my toy hammer's been shut in my drawers for good.

i'm not sure if you can actually give them furniture right there or if it's just a thing they say or if it's treated like a regular task.

it's a regular task! i don't think you can give them the furniture right there in the same conversation, but you can talk to them again right away and give them whatever furniture you have in your pockets, so long as it fits their requirements (sometimes they say they want to replace something and then you have to give them furniture that's the same size)

It seems like all the choices get met with them being all Meh. Or maybe they are just embarrassed when you say that you like the room so they act all annoyed.

i actually think its based off if the room decor matches, like if you say its great to a room that is matching with a set, or feng shui then they accept that, but if let them purchase random furniture and their house is really mixed up with no bed and such and you use the its okay or its horrible, then they will agree that it needs more work.

thats just from my experience.

I always say "yes" or the most positive answer and be done with it regardless if I like the interior or not lol

I ALWAYS tell them I love their rooms because I don't want them to end up getting their feelings hurt. But they end up getting their feelings hurt, lol.

it's a regular task! i don't think you can give them the furniture right there in the same conversation, but you can talk to them again right away and give them whatever furniture you have in your pockets, so long as it fits their requirements (sometimes they say they want to replace something and then you have to give them furniture that's the same size)

Woah, I never knew this! This will be super helpful for when I want to decorate their house.

I always say I like it because I don't want to upset them especially villagers I like. I think it also increases friendship and makes them like you more. I even say it to villagers I don't like since I believe it helps them to move quicker to say everything in their favor basically. But I know what you mean whenever you say it to them (and actually mean it) they always insist you're lying. I think it's just the villagers being modest to be honest.

I just tell them their house is great. I have no idea what they're supposed to have.

Villagers don't believe you at first when you say you really like their house. As your friendship level increases, though, they'll be more accepting of compliments. This is especially the case with cranky villagers.

Oh, I always say I think their house looks great. Of course it's a lie, I just bought their most awesome furniture and they're going to send me even more the day after. Need to keep them close :cool:

Back