Have you or anyone you know ever experienced sleep paralysis

• Total voters

Drokmar

Overall, a pretty rad guy
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Isabelle
Hey there, everyone! I just felt like asking: HAVE YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW EVER EXPERIENCED SLEEP PARALYSIS? If so, share your story? Feel free to discuss!

Last edited:
I never experienced "Sleep Paralysis" but my brother has. It apparently is horrifying.

ACTUALLY... I did experience it, I couldn't move and thought I had seen Snakes all over my bed. It was rather awful. :(

I meant to, but accidentally posted it here. I hae already reported it, but perhaps if someone else did, it might get moved faster?

well i don't have it in the imaginary spiritual sense, but it's pretty frequent because i use heavy sleep aids. mix that with narcotics and ssri's and you get like 10 continuous waking dreams in between false awakenings every night too

Last edited:
i've never had it before, don't want to have it. i've heard the stories
+ i'm thankful to have never seen james charles in my room

hhy8GADFBN2DJsE5_z1rfi0VseBjcIFIq9KWtwK3_bs.jpg

I use it as a gateway to astral projection. Had it before and didn't mind it much.
lol what you can't intentionally get sleep paralysis also lmao astral projection

--
I get it sometimes and it's basically like trying to wake up from a nightmare but you cant and you're conscious but your body is still asleep. Its like a nightmare you can't wake up from though thats not necessarily true. It takes like 4-8 minutes to break out of it. Theres a noise in your head, and sometimes i feel like my head is getting repeatedly slammed against my pillow, . It's really awful and the best way to break out of it is by wiggling ypur fingers or toes but you can't think very clearly while you're paralyzed. After I break out of it I always feel tired like I want to go back to sleep but if I do it happens again.

I've gotten it since i was 11 and its never fun.

I had a very vivid dream about parts of the US (including my city) being under attack by chemical warfare and everybody was on the ground suffocating and some were even being shot. I woke up and saw an alien head in front of my face that slowly faded away. I couldn't move, but it wasn't exactly terrible. Just weird.

I never have but my brother has. It sounds pretty terrifying, I definitely wouldn't want to have it.

i think i had it once, but i was so sleepy that i just went back to sleep midway lol.

i sorta remember seeing chinese/japanese writing? i definitely remember just seeing my hamster cage (it's a really tiny, dodgy hamster cage that is far too small for any animal to permanently live in) and some chinese/japanese words (I WISH I KNEW WHAT IT SAID, BUT I CAN'T READ JAPANESE OR CHINESE AND HAVE NEVER LEARNT IT IN MY LIFE) in white writing in front of it. just sorta layed there for a while before i fell back to sleep. i was, for some reason, very calm

It happens to me sometimes if I sleep on my back and I can't breathe super well. I think the dream triggers because my body goes in defense mode. It's only happened ~3 times to me.

I've gotten it a few times and I actually really like it cos it's kinda scary but I don't feel scared bc I'm having fun

I get it now and then. I hate it so much. It's enough that you're awake and you can't move your body but it has the added joy of giving you hallucinations about demons sitting on your chest or murderers just out of sight. And then there are times when it makes you think you're awake and moving when you aren't. Woo. I tend to get it when I'm extremely tired and trying to fall asleep. Sometimes I can feel myself about to get it and I'll move or wake myself up. I've had it so many times before that I know what it feels like when I'm about to get it. If I'm lucky, I'll move in time to avoid it. I heard that sleeping on your side helps prevent it so when I feel it coming, I'll move to my side and avoid getting it. I used to get it a lot when I was waking up but they don't happen often anymore. It's been years since I'd had it on the waking up end of my sleep.

A friend of mine has Narcolepsy and he, fortunately, only experienced sleep paralysis once. Seems pretty scary ):

Back