• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Sleep Paralysis, anyone?

Have you or anyone you know ever experienced sleep paralysis

• Total voters
sleep paralysis used to be an every night thing for me, never really got used to it either. sometimes it was fine as it would just be black for 20 secs-2 minutes but other times i'd just have to stare at abnormal figures which would make me panic. it was every time i had a lucid dream as well, which i used to get a lot too.

there has been times when this happens to me , it happens since 2015. its horrible , but then i just go back to sleep and don't care about it the next day.

Last edited:
i've had it twice, thankfully i only hallucinated the second time and it was just the sound of a telephone ringing. I know what triggers it for me now, so, i can avoid it. but its scary as heck

I'm lucky to have only experienced it once in my life, and it was mild thank goodness. I had just drifted off to sleep when I woke up completely unable to move, and it felt like something was pinning me down. Kind of felt like I was drowning in a way. But it only lasted several seconds, maybe a minute at most, before it lifted. Terrifying experience but I know so many more who have it often and much more severe.

i did it once, it was horrifying. the images my head made with the darkness is something i never want to experience again

when i was younger i podcast i listened to explained evrything about it and ways to avoid it so i keep doing those things and ive never experienced it

I woke up once unable to move but that was a one time thing and I was really young. My sister had it bad though. She claimed she saw shadows that were about to attack her and she was unable to scream or talk or move. She was too terrorfied to sleep in her room for a few weeks after that.

Back