• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever thought about leaving TBT?

Oh, I leave all the time lol. I use the forums solely for Animal Crossing-related stuff. I tend to drop the game for months, and in that time I also always drop the forum haha. Then when I get back into the game I also remember to visit the forum again. So yes, I leave, but it's not an active decision haha. I just forget to log on/don't have an interest in being here outside of Animal Crossing-chit chat.

It's a shame though because I really enjoy the forum activities (for getting collectibles, like the events) but I always forget they're going on unless I happen to be online and see it. Would almost like to get a newsletter/e-mail blast whenever something big is going on haha. I'm really sad I missed all the cool easter eggs that came out this year.

I just forget to log on/don't have an interest in being here outside of Animal Crossing-chit chat.
I’m basically the opposite. I’m here for the non-Animal Crossing talk. I spend most of my time in Brewster’s Cafe, as the other boards don’t really interest me. I will visit other sections, though, and comment if I feel like I can contribute to the conversation. Even so, I still access the forum everyday and eagerly check the homepage to see if there’s an event going on.

I’m basically the opposite. I’m here for the non-Animal Crossing talk. I spend most of my time in Brewster’s Cafe, as the other boards don’t really interest me. I will visit other sections, though, and comment if I feel like I can contribute to the conversation. Even so, I still access the forum everyday and eagerly check the homepage to see if there’s an event going on.
Yes, so we just use the forum for different purposes. It's more practical for me, I like to talk about the game with others, help each other out in-game and I like the journal subforum. That's what sets the forum apart for me, that I can post about my island and look back on how it evolved etc. Reddit (for example) I think is much easier and has a bigger audience when you're looking to visit someone or trade something. But the forums is better for keeping a journal of my island and for more extensive discussions.

When I was a teenager, I've had other forums which at some point I started to visit everyday, ignoring the original theme/topic of the forum and just making friends and conversation... but I've gotten older and I'm not interested in that at all anymore, nor do I have the time to keep it up. So I'm just here for the game haha. I don't think I've ever visited Brewster's Café (maybe for the egg hunts lol).

I have left before, a couple of different times, but I always come back because I have so much love for this community

Whenever I look at these warning points, its like a dark cloud hanging over me over some of things I did on this site. I don't know what is even wrong with me anymore. I contradict myself when I said I was going to quit, but then I ended coming back. I feel like I've lost my mind and have no idea whats even going on. Its like part of me wants to stay on here to express myself, but then other part of me is wanting to quit. I am just lying to myself at this point.

Sometimes I wish I can just go back in time to when I first came to this site and just get rid of that ridiculous thread I made where people were trying to help me, but then I let my anger get the best of me and I made myself look like a fool. Maybe thats why people got the notion that I was being negative. Now I feel like a total jerk. Its probably the impression people got from me when I introduced myself. Maybe thats why whenever I speak about the issues of New Horizons that people assume that I'm the "negative person". I know this is stuff that happened in the past, but now I just feel like no matter what I say or no matter how many times I try to be honest with myself or anything I say, I end up getting shamed on.

I always pop in and out of here. I'll never leave for good, but I take a few month long hiatuses here and there. :)

I take some hiatus. I haven’t taken one in a while. When it gets tough at work and I don’t really have time to play, I leave for a small amount of time. I always come back though.

I've always come and gone. Any time a new AC game is announced or is about to/just has come out, I am the most active. My level of activity usually coincides with my activity in whatever AC game I'm currently playing. I have taken long breaks before, possibly even a year or more? I don't think I'd ever leave on purpose unless the forums changed drastically. I have a lot of good memories on here and I don't really have any friends who love AC as intensely as I do, so I plan on sticking around for the foreseeable future.

I lose interest from time to time, but I’ve never thought abt leaving. I have a lot of friends here so I always wanna keep in touch with them. Also, I rly like the collectible events and I never wanna miss those!

i have ever thought about leaving the site permanently but i do go through different phases when it comes to activity. i'm most active when there's an event going on. times i'm inactive i will come back and lurk on my own. i think i was most active the year and a half before acnh came out

I never had thoughts on quitting this forum. It's a more pleasant experience compared to most social media/major websites where attacking someone for a different opinion is more rampant. I love how it felt more like a small community or a fun neighborhood than a usual forum. The staff clearly worked hard to keep the forums alive with the forum events and the community is very friendly and helped me with trading in ACNH. It also breathes room for insightful or interesting discussions and topics as demonstrated by "Brewster's Cafe" section.

If I ever felt burnout from using this forum or never felt hooked on a certain Nintendo game, I'd usually just go on hiatus or being inactive.

If anything, I say thank you to all of you in Bell Tree for being the most chill forum and community I've ever went!

For me I've been on a hiatus for ages. I expected to make a comeback with NH and be here a ton.

And then NH just didn't click :/

I don't think I leave, but rather taken breaks? I've been here since 2013, so almost 10 years now. I have taken breaks between games when the AC games of that time died down or I went off to do something else. I haven't taken a break since ACNH came out, but my activity has decreased a bit. I'll log on most days to see what's going on and if there's something that I can post in, then I'll do it. If not, I'll check again later in the day or next.

I've had absences just from not playing Animal Crossing but now that I'm hooked on the events I don't think I'd ever leave TBT. I think this is the one online community that I actually feel like I fit in. TBT also gets me to do art which is nice!

I tend to disappear and reappear sporadically, depending on how energized I am for ACNH at the time.

Back