• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever thought about leaving TBT?

I have taken really small breaks here and there for about a day or two, but nothing too crazy yet. Though if I was leaving forever or a very long time, I would likely let people know and possibly consider giving away some of my collectibles to people who really want them instead of letting them collect dust in my inventory

i prob will and the reason is its getting kinda boring with not much new collectiables, but ik the team works hard so

I left for a while because I was involved with really dumb drama that ended up hurting some people, now that I'm more mature I think what I did was stupid and wrong. It took me a while to really want to come back to tbt like normal. I almost didn't want to and was going to stick with Nookazon but I kinda dislike the people on Nookazon, lol

also lol @ me being the first response, wee woo

I left for a while because I was involved with really dumb drama that ended up hurting some people, now that I'm more mature I think what I did was stupid and wrong. It took me a while to really want to come back to tbt like normal. I almost didn't want to and was going to stick with Nookazon but I kinda dislike the people on Nookazon, lol

also lol @ me being the first response, wee woo
WE LOVE YOUR FRANNY!!! YOU ARE SO KIND AND CARING!! Dont worry, we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them! No one is perfect. I hate it when you make one mistake online and everyone will hate you. It has even happened to me on other websites. NO ONE is perfect and just because we make a single mistake shouldnt kill our online presence.

WE LOVE YOUR FRANNY!!! YOU ARE SO KIND AND CARING!! Dont worry, we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them! No one is perfect. I hate it when you make one mistake online and everyone will hate you. It has even happened to me on other websites. NO ONE is perfect and just because we make a single mistake shouldnt kill our online presence.
Yeah, lmao. I did some pretty cringe things back when I first joined but I’m pretty sure everyone forgot or doesn’t remember, hopefully. Obviously I was a lot younger back when I first joined.

I've never officially decided to leave forever but I have taken breaks here and there. My longest was probably a couple months just because I was busy irl.

I'm currently deciding to take at minimum a long break from here. I'm thinking maybe until new AC news starts rolling in. Or maybe until late spring or summer when the weather and stuff gets better. I've been on here less lately.. Um, I can't stay away that long. LOL. I Do like this site and new pokemon games were announced and these do appeal to me so far...
and I'm also tired of seeing certain kinds/themes/patterns of posts and appear to be approved depending on it's lean though aggressive and wouldn't be tolerated otherwise. I also can't help but think this kind of stuff increased with the slowing down of ACNH news and people actively playing the game. Which for me, the purpose of this site is for AC and video games, or talking about my day.
Website critique:
I also feel like the off topic section is too broad and other video games threads are too "hidden" compared to the off topic section of the home page. And I believe this plays a role in passive aggressive posts or plain aggressive however subjectively viewed when AC news is lacking. And new members finding themselves in it. I agree with others that some things simply don't need to be discussed on an AC forum or video game forum and I hope this is considered in the future if certain things appear to be a problem in the forums and have nothing to do with AC or video games. I mean I've scrolled by stuff most of the time and they were already reported btw but why have it on here to begin with I guess is how I'm thinking. Especially if it is literally asking point blank x.

I know that everyone more than likely wants everything pretty open which I get. I like having conversations about stuff or sharing opinions because it is a learning experience for me but when people can't handle the reality that people have different opinions or view points it defeats the purpose of the thread existing. It isn't ok to attack people regardless how masked or passive agressive your attack is.

Thoughts to why I see some posts talking about taking sides:
And though I feel the staff is pretty good and they do have a hard job, basis can be hard to avoid if they happen to share strongly the same opinion as x when managing something rather than just shutting it down if people are fussing. And that's how you get stories of people suggesting x takes sides or approves of x when they may have been trying to manage something.

And in general:
Video game stuff and sharing your day stuff tends to go pretty smooth.

And I do ask for others not to tag this. I'm not angry or upset or hurt or offended or anything like that. It's just my thoughts that I thought would be valuable to share. And if it is upsetting somehow, it wasn't meant to be.

I do like this site in general and thanks to everyone who keeps it going.

Last edited:
On a temporary basis, yes. I've done it a couple of times already and I'm sure it'll happen again in the future. It's always healthy to take breaks from time to time.

In terms of permanently leaving, nope, haven't thought about it at all. Doesn't necessarily mean it can't happen in the future, of course, since we never know how things will shake out, but for the time being y'all are stuck with me.

it's been about four and a half years since I commented here so I figure I might as well update my response.

basically the answer is... kinda? in October-November 2016 lots of people were stirring up political drama which made this forum somewhat unbearable to be around, and then the restock drama in June 2017 almost made me leave.

but I haven't had any issues with this forum since then, and if someone asked me right now if I wanted to leave here I would, with absolute certainty, say "no." I've met a lot of lovely people and amazing friends on this forum, and being here has honestly helped me get through some really tough times in my life, as stupid as that may sound. if I do end up leaving it'll be a very long time from now.

I've wanted to leave this site since the very beginning. Its a long painful story but I will share it of the reason why I wanted to leave this site for so long. This is what happened around October 2020. I made a post called "Nookazon Moderators Rant" it was a childish thing on my part and I reacted in a way I don't feel proud of and I really just feel bad about insulting the people that were helping me but I let my anger and frustrations out on them. So I don't feel like I belong on here because I've been horrible. Then one of the moderators mentioned about don't "bringing this negativity to our community." when they closed the thread.

Then when I made an alternate account it was called "iamjohnporter67" when they would not let me delete their account because it was against their policy, but then I tried to log in and it says "Banned for having an Alternate account" The only reason I made that account was because I won't get recognized that it was me. I mean honestly when you've got off to a bad start on this website and then you try making an account to start refreshed its suppose to be a good feeling, but no these people found out that I was trying to apparently "earn points" I was not even doing that! All I was doing was having a fresh start after what happened with the whole Nookazon Moderators fourms I made. Thats why I made it! It was the same thing that happened with the other account "RoxasFan25)

So in the end the moderator told me to continue using my account (which sucks because I have no other choice). They were trying so hard to be nice to me and not trying to ignore the fact that my new account has been banned all because they think I was trying to gain the system. It was my choice to do that and I was not even aware it was against the rules to have an alternate account! All I wanted was a fresh start. I was not trying to gain anything. I didn't want to be reminded of those words that that moderator I last spoke to told me because it reminds me of what my teacher told me which caused me to have an emotional breakdown. I mean why is is so hard to ask for a deletion of your account when you want to start fresh with a new one?

So now you know the reason for my banned. It sick to my stomach having to look at my profile with those 3 warnings. 1 I got from for saying "whatever" in that Nookazon Moderators Rant thread and 2 more having alternate accounts. I got so depressed and it really ruined my self esteem.

✨Done Besties✨ (Don't worry im not leaving lol I just decided to delete my run off response lol)

Last edited:
I did leave for 6 months last year, since ACNH is the only Animal Crossing game I play, I got burnout and stopped playing ACNH, so I stopped coming onto the forum. But I'm back and found new reasons to stay!!

I don't think i'll ever formally "quit" but i'll have my bouts of inactivity and dont participate in events anymore. Maybe next TBTWC. I've grown very disinterested in the series after what came of new horizons which is a shame because animal crossing is vry dear to my heart ... not as interested in interacting with the community in general either

I don’t think I would ever quit the forum. I don’t use social media (aside from one or two apps) and I’m very open about the fact that I do prefer forums. There has been a time where I considered taking a bit of a hiatus, but I’ve learned not to make decisions when you’re overwhelmed with emotion. Making decisions when you’re very happy or very sad isn’t a good thing. I guess I stick around because of the activity this forum still has and will continue to have. I do think this community has a lot of great people.

I don't think I could ever leave the forum at this point. This place has become an important part of my everyday life and routine. It's the only social media I use. When I first joined in 2016 I only wanted to trade for specific items in ACNL and after that I stuck around a little bit longer during 2017 because of Pokemon Sun/Moon but after that I was done with the forum and left on a 3 year hiatus. This was mostly because I didn't have any people to really talk to and I didn't pay attention to events nor did I care for collectibles.

I came back in 2020 for the release of ACNH, started to trade and socialize more and more, participated in my first actual event (2020 Fair) where I REALLY got into collectibles and here I am now. I'm way too addicted to collectibles for my own good 😬 and I've met some very lovely people here along the way~

Though I don't play ACNH as often if at all anymore, the forum is more than just AC and video games in general. It's a place I can escape to where I can find fun, friends and fond memories.

I don't understand the concept of formally leaving a forum. When I've stopped using forums it's been the unconscious act of simply not going to the site anymore.

I've considered stepping down from the staff before, but never thought of completely leaving.
I was just thinking this. I have met some cool players here but I am not emotionally attached to anyone on here, so leaving doesn't matter to me. Everyone is very kind and this forum makes playing ac 10000% more fun, but I have a feeling people who leave because of emotional things may be a tad young. This forum is for chatting and trading, finding other ac players etc, not a dating site or to make deep connections. Ya gotta be safe online too.

I was just thinking this. I have met some cool players here but I am not emotionally attached to anyone on here, so leaving doesn't matter to me. Everyone is very kind and this forum makes playing ac 10000% more fun, but I have a feeling people who leave because of emotional things may be a tad young. This forum is for chatting and trading, finding other ac players etc, not a dating site or to make deep connections. Ya gotta be safe online too.

I'd argue that it's for both making connections and for AC (not deep connections, just connections to be specific). There are people who use the site only for AC-related things and people who use the site to laugh and have fun with others (TBT game nights with Smash, Mario Kart, and more is a perfect example of this as that's technically not related to Animal Crossing).

And also to provide interesting discussions that you won't find anywhere else. Granted, some discussions can go overboard, but interesting discussions nonetheless.

If that's all included under "chatting" then you can disregard my response completely. Otherwise to say the forum is strictly for Animal Crossing seems like a bit of a stretch, imo. 🥴

Back