• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

'cringe' culture discussion thread

do youfind things 'cringy'???

• yes

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • no

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do cringe at things but really what I find cringy is any obsession. I don't care if you're a furry, brony, sports fan, whatever. I don't find people with passive hobbies cringy but I do find those who let their hobbies become their lives very cringy.

Active hobbies are a different story. If you're a passionate artist, musician, someone who participates in sports as opposed to watching them, I don't think that's cringy either.

No. I don't really care about what others are doing, unless they bother me, like yelling on the roof at 3 am. Apart that, they can say kawaii all the time or say they are a cat, have super powers, I don't mind.

For example if someone asks if you like furries and you don't you don't go "No, that's weird" you just say "No, I don't".

idk man if people ask me if im a furry, i sure as hell go " no, that ****'s weird."

ye. some people are just cringy. i can't help but physically squirm with cringe when i see or read things that are... cringy.

i try to be polite as possible, but sometimes i just can't help myself from being an *******. and some things are just so goddamn cringy, man.

understood.

335.jpg

Lol I love this post

i normally dont cringe in person, but i cringe at like movies/tv shows/videos etc. like if i find something cringey aka hard to watch in a show on netflix or something i will literally pause the video and give myself a moment hahaha.

I cringe at stuff yeah, especially weird/creepy/gross/disrespectful stuff. I won't insult the person though, and I don't agree with people that just make fun of people for being "cringey." I kinda mind my own business

I can't help it if I find a lot of things cringey but I am also very accepting/tolerant of different lifestyles etc etc. As long as you don't enforce the whatever cringey thing onto me, we are gewd. My attitude is basically like whatever I don't care. You do you. I have my own path of life and you have yours. That's cool.

Worst case scenario I internally cringe and move on.

Things make me cringe but I don't often call things out as "cringy."
Like do what you want, if it's something I'm not interested in, even if I might find it "disturbing" I'm not going to make fun of you for it.

Of course, I find things cringy but I usually won't go out of my way to shame people.

i do find some things 'cringy', but i don't really care if people like any of it. it's their interests and they like it, so i don't see the point in passing judgement on individuals for it. of course i find them cringy so i wouldn't really partake and would subconsciously judge, but each to their own. just because i'm entitled to my own opinion doesn't mean everyone else has to be entitled to it.

Last edited:
If you like any of those things then honestly u should be shamed

And anybody who shames those people should be ashamed, like you sweaty pie. :blush:

---

I'm pretty sure everybody has something they love that will make someone else cringe, whether it be Pok?mon, Steven Universe, Undertale, etcetera. And we all have something that will make us cringe so...people who shame and harass people for liking a certain thing is....you guessed it!!!! Childish and a bully, honestly this whole cringe culture thing probably consists of children who like to bully other children because they want them to feel like trash for liking something different than them. Children are extremely enthusiastic and people will put them down for liking a certain thing which will make those children feel like there is something wrong with them or make them feel self-conscious about themselves, all thanks to those cretins who believe they should bully children for being different in some way.

I cringe at many things, but do I ever harass people for their likes? Hell no, it's disgusting. The thing I cringe at the most though is...bullies and all the nasty people of the world, this covers all the racists, sexists, LGBTQA+Phobic, Animal abusers and so on.

It's part of the reason why I'm the way I am today, depressed and pessimistic. Thank you asswipes of the world for making me hate myself, suicidal and making my depression even worse as well as making me a pessimist.

Last edited:
And anybody who shames those people should be ashamed, like you sweaty pie. :blush:

---

I'm pretty sure everybody has something they love that will make someone else cringe, whether it be Pok?mon, Steven Universe, Undertale, etcetera. And we all have something that will make us cringe so...people who shame and harass people for liking a certain thing is....you guessed it!!!! Childish and a bully, honestly this whole cringe culture thing probably consists of children who like to bully other children because they want them to feel like trash for liking something different than them. Children are extremely enthusiastic and people will put them down for liking a certain thing which will make those children feel like there is something wrong with them or make them feel self-conscious about themselves, all thanks to those cretins who believe they should bully children for being different in some way.

I cringe at many things, but do I ever harass people for their likes? Hell no, it's disgusting.

It's part of the reason why I'm the way I am today, depressed and pessimistic. Thank you asswipes of the world for making me hate myself, suicidal and making my depression even worse as well as making me a pessimist.
Bullying can be a good thing in moderation. It builds character!

Bullying can be a good thing in moderation. It builds character!

You know what's better? Leaving kids alone and letting them be themselves, having an obsession with Steven Universe isn't hurting anybody.

Tell that to the people are bullied to the point were they contemplate suicide.

Last edited:
You know what's better? Leaving kids alone and letting them be themselves, having an obsession with Steven Universe isn't hurting anybody.
I mean they bullied a fan artist because she drew Rose Quartz skinny and shes supposed to be like representation. Which is pretty toxic.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dailydot.com/parsec/steven-universe-fanartist-bullied-controversy/
Kids need to be aware that they're embarassing themselves eventually​. You can like something but you don't have to be cringy about it. Those things are only cringy because either A. they're just plain out ****ing bad, or B. the fans make it bad.

Last edited:
I mean they bullied a fan artist because she drew Rose Quartz skinny and shes supposed to be like representation. Which is pretty toxic.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dailydot.com/parsec/steven-universe-fanartist-bullied-controversy/
Kids need to be aware that they're embarassing themselves eventually​. You can like something but you don't have to be cringy about it. Those things are only cringy because either A. they're just plain out ****ing bad, or B. the fans make it bad.
1. That is no excuse to bully her to the point of suicide, bulling doesn't equal criticism. She is allowed to draw her own spin on characters and if people do not like it should be pointed out with reasonable criticism. I don't support it and I would have criticised her art and if she didn't stop I would ignore her and that's what those people should have done, if an artist's art is ignored she will no longer post her art because of the lack of interest and maybe she will realize something about herself.

2. "Kids need to be aware that they're embarrassing themselves eventually" No they don't, if they lose interest in their obsession then that's that, they shouldn't have to worry about being 'embarrassing'. For example: "Your Oshawott signature and avatar are cringy as hell, you creep." Are you going to change your avatar and signature and hate Oshawott now because I think it's cringy and creepy? (By the way, I love Oshawott and Pok?mon, that was just an example)

"Bad" is subjective and yes fans can make things look bad but it isn't an excuse to bully them. Let them lose interest other time instead. Both will end in the same result, bullying can lead to scars while losing interest will let them move on with their lives normally.

Last edited:
My opinion is to allow people to enjoy their interests, if they like something that is considered unusual, or cringy in this case, So be it. There's no reason to get in a fight with someone just because you don't like what they like.

I agree with Zendel, but can we agree that there are going to be cruel people no matter how much we try to teach otherwise and that people should also learn to know when someone's opinion matters and when it doesn't.

I was bullied when I was younger and struggled a lot with depression and suicide. Nowadays if someone says something negative I take it in stride if the person who said it is a nobody to me anyway (which most people are) or even if it is a friend, depending on what was said, I'd re-evaluate my friendship with them.

To everyone suffering please don't lose hope. Haters gonna hate. Let the people who are good to you and constructive be the people who's opinions matter. I know it's hard but I think anyone can get to that point if they try.

*autocorrect errors

Last edited:
Before that discussion heads anywhere else, don't take the bait. Bullying in "moderation" doesn't build character.

Before that discussion heads anywhere else, don't take the bait. Bullying in "moderation" doesn't build character.

I knew it was bait, they do it frequently.

I'm just putting my point across in case people actually believe that. Which would be really sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back