• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esphas

the darling of belltree
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
cringe culture is the pratice of shaming others for being cringy. people considered to be cringy include otherkin, furries, weeaboos, sjws, undertale fans, steven universe fans are considered 'cringy'. do you think this isi right??? do you belong to these groups??????? discuss here please be respectful and civil

I'm not going to lie about it. There are hobbies and actions of others that I don't like, judge, and cringe at. I cringe at myself, too lol! I don't think it matters if you cringe at others as long as you don't pretend to like that aspect of them and are respectful about it. For example if someone asks if you like furries and you don't you don't go "No, that's weird" you just say "No, I don't".

I'm a fan of Steven Universe, but not at a crazy level. I just watch the show and that's it though. I'm not part of some insane fangroup that goes around quoting them, so I don't see how it's cringy watching a show that's on TV.

Last edited:
Frankly, I am not particularly bothered by people like this. I don't really care what other people do, just so long as they are respectful of others and their opinions. I mean, if I'm going by your list, I'd even fall into one of your categories. I do love myself some Steven Universe, although I'm no fanatic or anything like that, I just appreciate and enjoy it for it higher-level storywriting and inclusivity. As far as asking "is this ok", that answer is more based on who you are and where you're from. I live in a free country, and none of this is against the law (as far as I'm aware), so I suppose, yes, it is "ok". I mean, I think I about covered all I really care to say on the matter, so yeah, I guess that'll do it for me.

I mean, oftentimes I find myself judging others or the things that they do, but I always try to catch myself and remind myself that other people can do whatever they want and it's not my place to judge.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Generally I believe in live and let live. As long as you're not hurting yourself or someone else just do whatever you want. It's not anyone's place to tell others what they should or shouldn't do or enjoy.

cringe culture is cringe

no but srsly there are things i think r Not Great that i guess i'd call Cringy but i also rly dislike the whole "omg so cringe xxxDDD!!!!" thing whenever someone starts talking about sonic or w/e like Chill

Cringe culture (and the people that participate in it, tbh) is garbage. It's literally just bullying people for have the gall to like things, why is this supposed to be fun? Don't be a piece of trash and let people have their harmless fun, jeez.

Well I'd say rather than the things they like are cringe, them being fans can be pretty cringe. like "OMG OPPA SENPAI KPOP IS THE BEST". Like no stop acting like rabid fangirls and being serious about acting that way. I don't mind you finding them pretty or think they sing good but some fans are just.. no.

Cringe culture (and the people that participate in it, tbh) is garbage. It's literally just bullying people for have the gall to like things, why is this supposed to be fun? Don't be a piece of trash and let people have their harmless fun, jeez.

Totally agree. Once someone called me cringe, like what? I'm cringe since I play video games? Like who even cares. It's just for fun.

cringe culture is cringe

no but srsly there are things i think r Not Great that i guess i'd call Cringy but i also rly dislike the whole "omg so cringe xxxDDD!!!!" thing whenever someone starts talking about sonic or w/e like Chill

This.

I was/am part of some """"cringy"""" fandoms (I used to be really into Undertale and am currently fans of some youtubers with """cringy""" fanbases) and I agree that there are some gross/annoying people in those fandoms but every fandom has some bad apples regardless of what it's for and calling the thing as a whole "cringe" is p disrespectful to the original creator who likely has little control over how their fanbase acts
if you're gonna insult people and their interests at least be creative tho. I've seen the word "cringe" thrown around so much it doesn't even feel like a word anymore

I mean, I feel like cringing at different things is normal for everyone (myself included!) but I only really take issue with it when it gets taken past the stage of silently cringing to yourself, to actually making someone else feel bad for liking/taking part in something you find cringey. Unless it's actually harming others, I don't think you should ever make someone feel poorly about themselves for enjoying what they enjoy.

musicaly teens/pre-teens. the 10-year-olds boys who take off their shirts and zoom in on their tummy "abs" and do a body roll and put their hands in their pants. yes there is things that should be considered weird and have some sort of standard because it crosses the line, such as young kids sexualizing themselves in front of a phone and it should be criticized. perhaps the kids because of their innocence dont really grasp the context of these things they do like adults do therefore their intentions may be much more innocent and out of harmless fun, but not for certain adults who repeatedly watch their stuff and save it which endangers the kid.

also, excusing people like weeaboos and koreaboos who stereotype asian culture and fetishize asian people as just " people doing/expressing what they enjoy because they just really love "asian culture" then yeah if they get to harass asian people over the internet with their butchered and broken language with "you are sugoi kawaii, say onii-chan for me in japanese?" and "you look like the lovechild of *insert korean gay ship name*" (although they are speaking to a chinese person)
then its not harmless. they deserve to be shamed.

but overall cringe culture has escalated to being against people who does do harmless things. like this eliteist video game thing going on with shaming anyone who plays or even mentions a certain video game and the "filthy casuals make me cringe" deal going on. then it really crosses the line and thats where it should be called bullying.

it depends.
for example, i enjoyed undertale. not my favorite game, but it was good! and i have friends who can agree with me.
but when someone draws suggestive stuff towards this game i feel so bad for the creator that i just shun those people.

Cringe culture is just cyber-bullying in disguise, in my opinion. It gives people a kind of shield to hide behind when faced with the opportunity to discriminate others for anything from their interests to embarrassing stunts they do as children.

I actually find it quite disturbing when I see videos of young children doing, well, childish stuff, and seeing 18+ folks talk about it. I think people who do that need a hobby.

EDIT: Also, kids are very passionate about what they enjoy. Instead of putting them down for it, why don't you embrace it as well? Ask them questions about it, see them smile. Don't try to take away what few things they may have in their lives to enjoy.

also cringe channels are so sad
most of them use microsoft sam as a voice and disguise it "4 teh memez xP" but they're just disguising themselves to look older than they really are on their age and maturity
the people in the comments also like you see those people called clorox bleach - ironic since that is a joke that makes me wince in embarrassment

cringe culture is the pratice of shaming others for being cringy. people considered to be cringy include otherkin, furries, weeaboos, sjws, undertale fans, steven universe fans are considered 'cringy'. do you think this isi right??? do you belong to these groups??????? discuss here please be respectful and civil
If you like any of those things then honestly u should be shamed

If you like any of those things then honestly u should be shamed

understood.

335.jpg

not sure why would anyone care about what a stranger on the internet does. people like that should do something productive

Undertale and Steven Universe fans can be nice. Not all of them are super crazy and obsessive. But the ones super annoying are those that shove Undertale and Steven Universe down your throat.

Weeaboos, otherkin, and furries are just... I dunno. I don't find them annoying or bad, I just find them really... strange. They aren't hurting anyone by being weeaboos, otherkin, and furries so there isn't a problem. But I can't at all understand how they think the way they do and I doubt I ever will. Very strange groups of people. I have to admit that I do have a problem with weeaboos when they start throwing up generalizations and wrong facts about Asian culture though.

i have mixed feelings on the entire subject because i'm in fandoms which are considered to be cringe, but i also find certain things i don't like to be cringe. but i guess i don't find myself to be a part of the 'cringe culture' which i didn't really know existed. my friends and i all find stuff to be a bit cringey and we laugh about it but we've never gone up to someone and shamed them personally for it?? you can like what you like and i'll like what i like. i don't think anyone deserves to be shamed for what they like, but at times i do internally cringe at some things i see..

as long as it isn't hurting anyone else then go ahead and like it i guess, i'll just be like ?_? from afar lol.

but then there is the other half of me where i do see some justification in not liking or being cringed out by things. like some things that aren't entirely innocent and can get pretty disgusting.. i don't think liking a little video game or a tv show should mark someone as cringey though lmfao.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back