• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

'cringe' culture discussion thread

do youfind things 'cringy'???

• yes

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • no

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is to allow people to enjoy their interests, if they like something that is considered unusual, or cringy in this case, So be it. There's no reason to get in a fight with someone just because you don't like what they like.

Unless they act like an annoying person, the you pretty much gotta tell them. And I don't mean they aren't allowed to like things, they just don't need to proclaim it everywhere and behave like a fool.

It's like would spam Portuguese music threads everywhere and have that kind of avatars and sigs. Treat celebs and musicians with respect man.

I like some things that could be considered "cringy," who doesn't? We all have a 'guilty pleasure' type of thing that few other people can accept. I do call things cringy occasionally, but it's only really about things people do, not what they like. For example, someone meets a celebrity when they're obviously trying not to be noticed and pretends the celebrity was the one being rude when they don't get a picture- that's cringy to me.

things are cringy but people making those compilation videos are *******s leave these people alone

People need to mind their own damn business. lol

There's a difference between cringing at people's hobbies or the way they dress and attacking the person in general, and cringing at something someone did that we can all relate to. I don't think there's any harm in the latter because it brings us closer together in a way and it's relatable. Like a video of someone tripping and falling at their graduation ceremony or something. But to make fun of someone you think is "cringey" like anime fans or furries is just pathetic. I mean, you can find those things cringey, sure, but going out of your way to shame them like commenting about it on a post or making a video collage of it is never okay.

Not aware of this. Only time I hear the word 'cringe' used is when watching an incredibly awkward scene in a TV show.

Bullying can be a good thing in moderation. It builds character!

I was bullied and I nearly killed myself. What an insensitive thing to say.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Before that discussion heads anywhere else, don't take the bait. Bullying in "moderation" doesn't build character.

Thank you. Bullying, even in quote-on-quote "moderation", does the complete opposite of building character.

Last edited:
I cringe when die hard fans try to fight other people who just want to enjoy the show/book/game. "Your cosplay is wrong! Ushiotorikumatatero* is my waifu and you can't have her! Princess Trishawna* is the best and anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid! You messed up Javajoop's* hair when you drew him!"

*Names I made up

I was bullied when I was younger and it led me to developing numerous anxiety-related mental health problems as I grew up, all of which I doubt I'll ever be able to fully come to terms with. If you think bullying is okay, chances are you're the bully.

Last edited:
I was bullied when I was younger and it led me to developing numerous anxiety-related mental health problems as I grew up, all of which I doubt I'll ever be able to fully come to terms with. If you think bullying is okay, chances are you're the bully.

Yep. This go for parents as well, because they lot of the times don't even realize they are actual bullies.

...What?
CodpxL6UIAAZ32m.jpg

Yes. Every time I hear someone seriously say something about which group has what privilege, I cringe until my face hurts.

Yes. Every time I hear someone seriously say something about which group has what privilege, I cringe until my face hurts.

this is literally something only a person with white privilege would say

ehy i8s evreyon ev beibg so mea;b ti mei was just statn,ig my opnion ;w;

- - - Post Merge - - -

i think this thread is pretty cringy, bullying is fine in moderation, i was bullied and it only made me stronger as a person

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back