• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

PWP Requirements?

Nenya

I hope you dance!
Bells
Purple Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
Hot Cocoa
Blue Hybrid Rose
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
ぶ
I want the Hot Spring and the Geyser PWP's. I know a snooty and an uchi need to suggest them, which I do have. But does anyone know if there are any requirements to meet before I can get a ping for them? Or is there any other PWP that needs to be built first?

Thanks!

PS I know about the pocket/wetsuit trick to get villagers to ping. :)

Last edited:
There is no other requirement needed for them to request, just make sure you have a snooty and uchi villagers and lots of patience xd

Let me assure you: I think that of the projects they will ask for, they choose one at random. As an example: In my first town, my cranky villager chose requested the Zen Clock and Drilling Rig before anything else. In my latest town, however, those requests came about next to last of the projects they requested. Same occured with the Windmill: First request in my original town by Uchi's, close to last in my latest one.

In other words, there are no requirements at all - they pick from their list at random. The only exception is any of the bridges - you must have 2 or fewer built in order for you to get a request on those.

Last edited:
There is no other requirement needed for them to request, just make sure you have a snooty and uchi villagers and lots of patience xd

Thank you for answering! I have a snooty and an uchi (put that in my original post just now). Don't know about the patience...that depends on how long I have to wait. Never got a request for a geyser in my first town-had it for over a year. And I did have an uchi there, too. In fact, I never knew there was a geyser PWP until recently. I want one!! Now! (Sorry...)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Let me assure you: I think that of the projects they will ask for, they choose one at random. As an example: In my first town, my cranky villager chose requested the Zen Clock and Drilling Rig before anything else. In my latest town, however, those requests came about next to last of the projects they requested. Same occured with the Windmill: First request in my original town by Uchi's, close to last in my latest one.

In other words, there are no requirements at all - they pick from their list at random. The only exception is any of the bridges - you must have 2 or fewer built in order for you to get a request on those.

Thank you for answering, too! Your answer makes me think that the wetsuit/pocket technique may be worth the time and effort, then, just to try to stimulate more requests. I can specifically look for my snooty and uchi when I come out of the ocean.

I want the Hot Spring and the Geyser PWP's. I know a snooty and an uchi need to suggest them, which I do have. But does anyone know if there are any requirements to meet before I can get a ping for them? Or is there any other PWP that needs to be built first?

Thanks!

PS I know about the pocket/wetsuit trick to get villagers to ping. :)

You don't need that. Just load the game and creep past all villagers you don't want to ping you, and find the one you want. They'll ping you.

If they don't request a PWP, load the game again.

I got every PWP I wanted, one after the other, this way.

You don't need that. Just load the game and creep past all villagers you don't want to ping you, and find the one you want. They'll ping you.

If they don't request a PWP, load the game again.

I got every PWP I wanted, one after the other, this way.

Whoa, sweet, I'll try this, Jon! Thanks!

:( I must be doing something wrong. They are not pinging me. I save and quit then restart, is that right?

Last edited:
Yep Nenya.
A lot of the time they will ask for a catchphrase or something, but I find if you *run* by them, they tend to ping you.
Make sure your inventory is full of stuff they won't ask you for, like shells, and don't have any bells on you. They won't ping to sell you something.

They will eventually request a PWP. ^_^

Yep Nenya.
A lot of the time they will ask for a catchphrase or something, but I find if you *run* by them, they tend to ping you.
Make sure your inventory is full of stuff they won't ask you for, like shells, and don't have any bells on you. They won't ping to sell you something.

They will eventually request a PWP. ^_^

Thanks, again, Jon. Yes, us rookies need details! :blush: Also, I remembered that I did get a PWP request from someone already yesterday, so that probably entered in. I plan to just ignore pings from the villagers whose PWP's I don't care about until I get the ones I want. That will help, too, won't it?

Certain pwps are tied to villager personalities. You might want to check that out first especially if you're looking for a specific pwp. For example. Wisteria Trellis, Windmill, Picnic blanket are requested by Uchi villagers. The playground stuff like jungle gym and tire toy are from Lazy. Hot Spring, Statue Fountain, Tower are from Snooty, and the list goes on.

Yep Nenya. Make sure you go after the right villager, like Uchi for Wisteria Trellis, Jock for Fire Pit, etc.

I hide so no villagers can see me, and when 5 minutes is up, I'd find the one I wanted the PWP request from. ^_^

I recommend building 1 or 2 of the standard PWPs that are there when you first start the game. They're cheap so they shouldn't bite into your bank balance too much. When I was trying to get requests I did this before getting them and it makes them more likely to suggest PWPS more often/approach you more often. Since you already have some down and by logic, it lets the villagers know that you're ready to place more.

Back