Purple Candy
Red Candy
Father's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Pikachu Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
I'm going to Megacon 2017 today. Anyone else going or have experiences to share of meeting other fans at conventions? It is rows of never ending merch. Even Stan Lee is going to be there. I'm mostly in it for the anime and gaming though lol. I'll try to take pics of things to share here. :) (heard there is going to be overwatch cosplayers, so excited >w<)

http://megaconorlando.com

Trust me, I wish I was there. I live pretty close by even... I can say that I WILL be going next year, and in costume to boot! I'm considering going as Cable (Marvel), Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles) or Piccolo (DBZ). Any suggestions?

Congrats! I hope you have a blast!!
I'm actually going to my first convention this July. I can't wait!

Trust me, I wish I was there. I live pretty close by even... I can say that I WILL be going next year, and in costume to boot! I'm considering going as Cable (Marvel), Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles) or Piccolo (DBZ). Any suggestions?

I wouldn't regret taking a picture with a Piccolo lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Congrats! I hope you have a blast!!
I'm actually going to my first convention this July. I can't wait!

This is my first too so I'm pretty excited xD What type of convention is it going to be? Hope you have fun :3

This is my first too so I'm pretty excited xD What type of convention is it going to be? Hope you have fun :3

Thank you! I'm going to a smaller convention more focused on superheroes and comics. Really I'm only going because Michael Rooker (my icon) is there, So I bought a photo op! I'm super excited!:D

I can't decide if I want to cosplay or not though.

Thank you! I'm going to a smaller convention more focused on superheroes and comics. Really I'm only going because Michael Rooker (my icon) is there, So I bought a photo op! I'm super excited!:D

I can't decide if I want to cosplay or not though.

That's awesome! If you want to cosplay, go for it. There's going to be a bunch of cosplayers and people who would probably recognize you lol. That's great that you got a photo op before they sell out.

Oh, have fun :D I usually go to the ComicCon where I live, but it's really small and yeah just a bunch of K-pop clothes., overly popular anime/comics merch and random games so yeah it's pretty meh. Cosplayers and people who make fanmerch are always nice to look at though.

Oh, have fun :D I usually go to the ComicCon where I live, but it's really small and yeah just a bunch of K-pop clothes., overly popular anime/comics merch and random games so yeah it's pretty meh. Cosplayers and people who make fanmerch are always nice to look at though.

At least you enjoyed the fanmerch. I love fanmerch, its nice to see the creativity in making them. ComicCons seem to be really big thou? :eek:

At least you enjoyed the fanmerch. I love fanmerch, its nice to see the creativity in making them. ComicCons seem to be really big thou? :eek:

Yeah, I have these Persona 4 badges and an Umbreon necklace around I think that looks real cool c: And yes indeed!

Yeah they used to mix that with some games' fair and random advertising companies so yeah unless you are into overly mainstrean comics/manga and some games it's not really that fun. It's fun watching cosplayers though and for the atmosphere (and going with my bf is always fun too of course :p)

Congrats!

I definitely won't be going to Megacon, but here's hoping that my first visit to a convention happens this year!

Nice going! The first con I went to was Gnomecon 2015, and I believe the last one I went to was either Jekyll Con 2015 or Gnomecon 2016. I'd highly suggest dressing up as a character you like if you ever want to cosplay - don't be forced by your parents/siblings/whatever to dress up as something you don't want to do. Trust me, my mom forced me to dress up as Asuna for a few cons.

I'm driving home, it was amazing. I'll upload pics in a bit when I get home. I ended up buying some posters, a Japanese face mask, and some earrings.

Pics!
20170527_155038.jpg20170527_180136.jpg20170527_175806.jpg

feec5063-5f09-4de5-8b82-77215a1063e2.jpg
20170527_193248.jpg
20170528_172705.jpg

Last edited:
Back