Question About ACNL: Welcome Amiibo and Trading Between Two 3ds

ashubii

Dream Weaver
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
White Pansy
Not sure if anyone can actually help me with this or if this is even the right place to ask. I haven't been on Belltree - or played Animal Crossing - in months, so I've only recently gotten back into it with the Welcome Amiibo update.

I have two copies of the game, one digital and one cartridge. I was hoping to trade some bells from my digital copy to the cartridge town using my sister's 3ds alongside mine. However, when I put my cartridge into her 3ds it doesn't recognize my town exists and sets it up like there's no save file. Which I suppose makes sense since it's on a different 3ds, but that's never been an issue before.

Is there anyway around this? Am I missing something with the update? I don't think she has the update, which I was assuming could be the deal, but I'd like to know for sure if possible!

Suppose I should add that I have tried looking this up, but I've either completely overlooked the information or just haven't found any :c

Last edited:
Yes, it's actually because she doesn't have the update and you do! The game recognizes animal crossing new leaf and welcome amiibo as two separate games which is why when you put your cartridge in it doesn't recognize your welcome amiibo town

Yes, it's actually because she doesn't have the update and you do! The game recognizes animal crossing new leaf and welcome amiibo as two separate games which is why when you put your cartridge in it doesn't recognize your welcome amiibo town

Thank you so much! I got her the update, which she's excited about, haha~

Back