• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing Idea: Guilds

Captain James

Bells
Small Mailbox
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
So after some sitting, watching YouTube, playing some New Leaf, then repeating, I came up with an idea. Also, not too much reading this time.

What if, on The Bell Tree Forums, we had Animal Crossing Guilds. God I sound crazy, but hear me out.

So a guild, or a club I guess, would be just that, a group of people. Maybe you'd trade more with these people, play online with these people, and share ideas with these people. Imagine as sort of an official circle of people, and who knows, maybe you add ranks into your guild. Maybe you need to, I don't know, collect 144 mangos and eat them to get a higher rank. Maybe you'd have custom designs for your guild, or a theme for it.

Then maybe we could add a bit of competitiveness. Maybe guilds could compete? Nothing serious, more like "who can earn the most Bells in a day?" or "who can breed the most flowers in a week?". (obviously these competitions would restrict cheating, like time travel)

While I know some people just want to REALLY relax in Animal Crossing, I think it'd be a fun way to spice up the game.

P.S. -If you read this thread, it would be greatly appreciated if you replied! Doesn't even need to be positive, I love being critiqued. I sound desperate, don't I. oh well. Good luck!

Last edited:
I kinda like the idea to be honest! I think you could also go into the island tours. Maybe have 2 from each guild in a fishing tour and then who ever catches the most wins!

i think itll be cool to have a close knit group that share similar times to play together to play along in each other's towns and stuff, regularly. i see so many people complaining about club tortimer and how its really unsafe and toxic. (and rightly so since there can be some real crazy people on there.)

i can already imagine three people meet up at a person's town. the mayor and their buddy from one guild and the two other people from another guild, they go to the islands together to rack up points for their guild. the two people who earn the most medals in each competition earns one point and the people can always take screenshots as backup to record and confirm. and there can be someone in the guild who records the points to their guild. and compare to the other guild and include the time and date to ensure that there is no cheating, and the names of the other players to confirm that those players are members of the opponent guild.

it dosent sound like too much work, and for those who are competitive with teams and such can have some fun.

i can already imagine it in detail.... a fairly simple discord that bunches together all guilds where guild leaders have their own channel and pin their own acnl-related biographies of the guild and a list of members and people who join the discord type in the general channel (where all guilds can communicate) which guild they would like to join via @guildleadername under which player character in their game. and then they are given a rank udner the guild name and granted permission to post inside the guild channel...

yeah. id be so down for organizing that.

(im about to go on a typing imaginative spree down here so ignore this if not interested)
there could be a channel for official guild announcements that tell what guild is currently leading in what island game, with points and such. and a guild-merge game channel called "arena" where any guild who has two people ready to play, offer open game or send challenges to another rivalry guild thats currently online. discord people gotta set their nicknames to their TBT names and tell the name of which villager on their game they use to represent which guild. also itll be important to balance out the number of people on each guild so we dont have 20 starburst members, who can rack up points because they have more people, against other guilds against only 4 applewood members where only 1 of them is active. but the question is... so if the leaderboard has a winning guild who wins the score for a certain game at the end of the week and the deadline is up and they have won for that week, what should they receive as a guild, other than bragging rights?

Last edited:
Me being the competitive person I am, I like this idea. Im just not too sure how they would be able to get it to work. You definetly came up with some great ideas though. I like the higher ranked guilds, however someone would have to come up with what benefits having a higher ranked guild would do. Other than that, I think it would be interesting, an I'd love to see people at least give it a try!

Y'all have some really great ideas! But I still have some up my sleeve!

I was thinking if there would be competitions, there'd be an entry price. The price could be anything, like a piece of furniture or maybe 13 baskets of mangoes! Then, the winner of the competition would collect the pot of donations, save for a small portion left for the competition moderator. A moderator wouldn't have to do much, just be the person to update standings and organize the prize. I'd assume the competing guilds would agree on a moderator. The moderator would have to be moderate, or neutral. Just an idea though.

Anyone else have any good ideas? Or any questions, I love questions.

Lol you like mangoes a lot don't you? :)

I think the guilds are a great idea, it would definitely pop off if they released a game for the switch, since that would revive the Animal Crossing community like crazy.

Last edited:
Back